2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Constructive Criticism Please
Saoirse O'Shea
Sep 19 2007, 11:02 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
I'm struggling to find something redeeming in this one guys. I can only think they haven't got the monitors turned on laugh.gif .

At times maybe a bit of the old fkalich smile.gif wouldn't go a miss - don't give up the day jobs boys!

Cheers,
Tony

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 19 2007, 11:06 PM
Lets go fishing!
My ears my ears, they bleed laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
fkalich
Sep 19 2007, 11:23 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Sep 19 2007, 05:02 PM) *
I'm struggling to find something redeeming in this one guys. I can only think they haven't got the monitors turned on laugh.gif .

At times maybe a bit of the old fkalich smile.gif wouldn't go a miss - don't give up the day jobs boys!

Cheers,
Tony

i was exercised, I saw this sort of black amorphous wisp rise out of me yesterday. Problem was, it settled back down into one of my cats after that, I may have a real problem now.

Ok, always try to look for something good. Well, they were not too loud. The singer sort of reminded me of a caged cat I saw at a zoo one time, pacing back and forth. But that was ok. Well the big thing was that they were not too loud, that was good. Playing like that loud would have been really bad.

edit: typo

This post has been edited by fkalich: Sep 19 2007, 11:25 PM

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Sep 19 2007, 11:32 PM
Get to da Chopper!
think the guitarist needs a dose of GMC in his life....

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Sep 20 2007, 12:01 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (fkalich @ Sep 19 2007, 06:23 PM) *
i was exercised, I saw this sort of black amorphous wisp rise out of me yesterday. Problem was, it settled back down into one of my cats after that, I may have a real problem now.

Was that the same cat that plays guitar really well ? Maybe he'll start playing death metal or something ...

Was that a stylophone the keyboard player was playing ? That was unremittingly awful, no saving grace whatsoever ... but yes, it could have been louder which would have been bad.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Sep 20 2007, 12:02 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (fkalich @ Sep 19 2007, 04:23 PM) *
Well the big thing was that they were not too loud, that was good. Playing like that loud would have been really bad.

edit: typo

laugh.gif Absolutely fkalich. I have to feel sorry for the sound engineer who must have had to sit through the sound check as well rolleyes.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Sep 20 2007, 12:07 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
This is, just like Europe, a Swedish band but I can't recall their name.

I think the drummer is doing his part, havn't checked his tempo but it's pretty much the same at the end as from start. or? smile.gif
With a new guitarist, bass player and vocalist they could be on to something wink.gif

I will give them some cred thoug.
I'd never go onstage if I played that... *hrm* less good. So at least give the guys credit for their guts! They've got that.

And I think all of us play because it's fun. My guess is that they had a fun time up there on stage. Lots of players never get that far even and it's an incredible feeling to be there I can tell you, facing 70,000 people and just rock!

Btw, in Sweden ',' is a decimal separator. Don't confuse it with a thousand separator, we use '.' for that laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Robin
Sep 20 2007, 12:10 AM
This makes me angry. Cant the vocalist and the rest of the band hear that he is as out of key as it is possible to get? The guitars and keyboards werent actually that impressive either tongue.gif

Arrrrhhhh...

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Sep 20 2007, 12:15 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Sep 19 2007, 11:32 PM) *
think the guitarist needs a dose of GMC in his life....

I think so does the singer, he could learn a thing or too about singing here also! smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Gen
Sep 20 2007, 12:22 AM
oh my god....
it seems fake...i hope it is

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
Pavel
Sep 20 2007, 12:34 AM
Instructor
Hahahahah what a band!!!!!!!!!! Look at those 2 broom-stick professionals on the right ! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

The singer has some serious problems with hearing.

As Fkalich said: thank God it was not loud.

Ok, here is a constructive criticism: these guys can easily sell their instruments because they have no future in music. If they can't hear how bad they are there is no chance they can improve even a bit.

FKalich: can we hear your cat singing? wink.gif biggrin.gif

I apologize if i insulted someone, it's just i turned the"sunshine-blowing" mode OFF! smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
fkalich
Sep 20 2007, 12:40 AM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Sep 19 2007, 06:01 PM) *
Was that the same cat that plays guitar really well ? Maybe he'll start playing death metal or something ...

I am more concerned should he ever figure out who it was who had the vet removed his jewels when he was a little kitty, considering that I sleep on my back, and my neck is fully exposed.

QUOTE (Pavel @ Sep 19 2007, 06:34 PM) *
FKalich: can we hear your cat singing? wink.gif biggrin.gif

actually, now that you mention it, I do this routine where I sing the happy birthday song in a very high tone, to words "meow meow meow meow.....". Very easy to remember the words. Thing is, especially if I do this in the bathroom considering the acoustics, all the cats come in and go nuts, all meowing with me. Eventually they all start hissing at each other, but that sounds cool too. If I ever do that again, I will record it an upload it. I know that my brother enjoyed hearing me do that.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Sep 20 2007, 12:42 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (fkalich @ Sep 20 2007, 01:40 AM) *
Eventually they all start hissing at each other, but that sounds cool too. If I ever do that again, I will record it an upload it.

Haha awesome man!!! I can imagine 10 cats hissing in a bathroom biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
fkalich
Sep 20 2007, 12:46 AM
QUOTE (Robin @ Sep 19 2007, 06:10 PM) *
This makes me angry. Cant the vocalist and the rest of the band hear that he is as out of key as it is possible to get? The guitars and keyboards werent actually that impressive either tongue.gif

Arrrrhhhh...

yeah Robin, but when you are so out of tune, I mean where you are not even close, is it not as bad as if you are out of tune, but really trying to be in tune. I mean, reminds me of when I was a kid, highest complement my sister every paid me, she said "you know, you are not that bad looking, in an ugly sort of way". Sort of like that. See what I mean. If you are trying to be good, and missing, well that is painful. But if you are just bloody awful, well there is something redeeming in that, as you are not even trying, so you are really not missing the mark.

QUOTE (Pavel @ Sep 19 2007, 06:42 PM) *
Haha awesome man!!! I can imagine 10 cats hissing in a bathroom biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

only 8. Anyone with over 6 cats is nuts. Sooner of later two will pass on to kitty heaven (or possibly hell), and then I regain my sanity. If I had 10, that would take longer.

+Quote Post
Ayen
Sep 20 2007, 02:52 AM
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Sep 19 2007, 11:02 PM) *

Cheers,
Tony

Well, at least they didn't fall off stage. Now that would've been bad...or hilarious, one or the other.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Owen
Sep 20 2007, 05:33 AM
Nasal singing ftw guys!

I do believe its an underappreciated art taking true technique to master.

WOAAAH!

WHAT A SOLO!

Does the guitarist even know what a scale is?

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Sep 20 2007, 05:40 AM
I really find bad singers fascinating. It might sound weird, but I actually enjoy listening to bad singers. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Soul_Decision
Sep 20 2007, 05:41 AM
I can't stop laughing laugh.gif They need some serious practice!!

QUOTE (Ayen @ Sep 19 2007, 06:52 PM) *
Well, at least they didn't fall off stage. Now that would've been bad...or hilarious, one or the other.

It would have been both laugh.gif

--------------------
Push through all barriers.......Never self-limit.........Because there is none

+Quote Post
MickeM
Sep 20 2007, 06:39 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Sep 20 2007, 06:40 AM) *
I really find bad singers fascinating. It might sound weird, but I actually enjoy listening to bad singers. biggrin.gif

Enjoy THIS then!!!

Btw, can someone tell me what FTW means like Owen said.

This post has been edited by MickeM: Sep 20 2007, 06:40 AM

+Quote Post
Robin
Sep 20 2007, 06:42 AM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Sep 20 2007, 05:39 AM) *
Enjoy THIS then!!!
Btw, can someone tell me what FTW means like Owen said.

For The Win tongue.gif

Excellent video btw.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 05:28 PM