3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Hearing Test, try it out!
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 7 2009, 12:19 PM
Instructor
I can hear all the frequencies, but 16, 17, and 18kHz are not heard properly. Something is happening with the sound wave that is causing it to produce a lower frequency sound. Is it just me or... unsure.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
enforcer
Apr 7 2009, 12:32 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Apr 7 2009, 02:19 PM) *
I can hear all the frequencies, but 16, 17, and 18kHz are not heard properly. Something is happening with the sound wave that is causing it to produce a lower frequency sound. Is it just me or... unsure.gif

No Ivan you are right, at 17 and 18 we hear the 1/2 of the frequency, maybe the high frequency resonates with something I dont know...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
Canis
Apr 7 2009, 12:34 PM
Learning Rock Star
I'm 18 and I heard everything up to 16KHz. After that it was kind of listening to wind blowing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Mihaljevic
Apr 7 2009, 12:41 PM
I'm 22 and can hear all of them, which is a good thing since I'm doing a lot of studio work smile.gif

Took the extended test too and the only one I couldn't hear was 22 kHz...

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!
Visit my website - www.ivanmihaljevic.com
my MySpace - www.myspace.com/ivanmihaljevic
And if you want to buy my CD - www.cdbaby.com/cd/ivanmihaljevic

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Apr 7 2009, 12:46 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
I`m 38, I did both tests and I could hear them all except for 16khz on both of them.

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Kuba Szafran
Apr 7 2009, 12:59 PM
Instructor
I'm 18 and hear them all.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Apr 7 2009, 01:00 PM
I'm 42 and heard all of it on both tests. biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Startear
Apr 7 2009, 01:19 PM
I heard them all, but I hear 21 kHz much clearer than 19 kHz

+Quote Post
Farmer Joe
Apr 7 2009, 01:46 PM
I could hear them all, but man, 18 felt like it was ripping through my brain. It kind of hurt haha. I didn't even have it on that loud at all. But I do treasure my hearing very much, so glad to know I can still hear the higher frequencies. Oh yea, I'm 23.

For those that said they couldn't hear above like 12 or 13khz, Try to listen to one clip, then take a little while off from listening to the sounds. These higher frequencies make your ear fatigue a lot faster than lower frequencies, so you may be able to listen to 11, 12, and 13 just fine, but then fatigue starts kicking in and you may not be able to hear 14-18. Just a suggestion. smile.gif

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Apr 7 2009, 01:47 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I can hear them all, but the 18K needs some volume boost wink.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Roadside
Apr 7 2009, 01:53 PM
I could hear all of them yippi smile.gif

+Quote Post
Frederik
Apr 7 2009, 01:58 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
can hear em all (18 y)

+Quote Post
Skalde
Apr 7 2009, 03:31 PM
Learning Roadie
I have a tinnitus, but could hear them all(20)

+Quote Post
skennington
Apr 7 2009, 08:53 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
36 here and heard them all. I was scared there for a moment thinking that my metal blasting days were going to come back to haunt me. My wife tells me all the time that I can't hear a lick. I tell her that I just have selective hearing. laugh.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Apr 7 2009, 09:33 PM
I can hear all some hurt my ears! 18KHz sound is getting quiet but still can hear it.

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
ErikEklund
Apr 7 2009, 09:35 PM
I heard them all smile.gif

+Quote Post
visi0n
Apr 7 2009, 09:52 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I can hear all of them, only at 18Khz i need to listen very carefully. smile.gif i'm 21 years old

This post has been edited by visi0n: Apr 7 2009, 09:52 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Apr 8 2009, 03:07 AM
Instructor
I heard them all too, but i had to turn the volume up a bit to hear 18.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Apr 8 2009, 04:18 AM
can hear them all loud and clear,

but i am 55% blind haha it helps

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
chast
Apr 8 2009, 11:41 AM
Learning Roadie
blink.gif
I just tried the test again and could hear the 18khz this time without any problems, that's weird.
In the 2nd test I can hear it upto 21khz but only with turning up the volume a little.
Though I think that I wouldn't notice these sounds when I'm walking through the streets or something.

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:27 PM