3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Poor Puppy Collaboration - Darius Wave
Darius Wave
Mar 25 2013, 02:34 PM
Instructor
Welcome to my first ever collaboration at GMC called

"Poor Puppy" collaboration

In this one I would like You to work especially on your phrasing. Try to play the sadiest melodies ever. Use whatever You like - clean, crunch or heavy distorted tone. Please - make shure Your guitar is in tune. Try to tune it on frets (not on open strings). Backing track is exported with precise fit to the time measure. You can import it to Your Daw, set the tempo to 125 bpm and move the backingtrack drawing exactly to the point zero of the session. This will give You perfect synchro and will make my mixing work much easier.

This is an audio collaboration. All You have to do is post here Your take (solo mixed with backing track) for reference and send me only the guitar solo track (remember to export file exactly from the point zero of time measure in Your DAW)

Backing track:
Attached File  poor_puppy_backingtrack_125.mp3 ( 8.79MB ) Number of downloads: 401

There are 5 free slots for 5 solos. Each section is equal to one full chord progression. I will record my solo over the "no-drums intro" then You go:

1:11 - 1:41
1:42 - 2:11
2:12 - 2:42
2:43 - 3:13
3:14 - 3:45

Chord progression:

4/4 Em | Em | C | C | Em | Em | C | D | Em | Em | c | C | Am | Am | B | B |

Key - E-minor

Tempo - 125 bpm

Scales You can use are E-minor + E-harmonic minor (E-harmonic minor is a "must" on the B chord because it contains the D# note).

Example -

Deadline - 07.04.2013

Inspirations:

You can go through some Pink Floyd / David Gilmour's playing to adjust Your feeling to the track.

Collaboration results and final mix available here : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=48561

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gregc1
Mar 25 2013, 02:59 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey Darius, I love it. I'm in for sure!

Just a couple questions. I am having trouble with the link to the backing track, it doesn't seem to be working for me just going to a broken page. For the 5 solo slots, should we record over all sections or just focus on recording one of the slots/segments? And finally, the due date. I'm assuming that is April 7th, not July 4th? July 4th doesn't seem logical (4 month collab) but I just wanted to be sure, I know we read dates differently on either side of the pond.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 25 2013, 03:20 PM
Instructor
Thanks for the info maaaan! Seems like there was a problem while adding the link to the post as an url. Now it should work fine smile.gif 07.04.2013 - 7th of April 2013 smile.gif Waiting for Your aproach smile.gif Every slot is the same. I will mix them together as a random order.
If You're able to sync the track with Your Daw I could easlly cut and move according to the bars...So...everyone can fit the first slot and I will then edit and move smile.gif

+Quote Post
gregc1
Mar 25 2013, 03:26 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Mar 25 2013, 02:20 PM) *
Thanks for the info maaaan! Seems like there was a problem while adding the link to the post as an url. Now it should work fine smile.gif 07.04.2013 - 7th of April 2013 smile.gif Waiting for Your aproach smile.gif Every slot is the same. I will mix them together as a random order.
If You're able to sync the track with Your Daw I could easlly cut and move according to the bars...So...everyone can fit the first slot and I will then edit and move smile.gif

Got it! Link works now.

I figured that was the date but just wanted to double check, and not a problem on the synching to the backing track. Really looking forward to hearing the takes on this one, I really do love this style and Gilmour is one of my all time favorites.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 25 2013, 03:27 PM
Instructor
So that's +1 for ya mate! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 25 2013, 03:32 PM
Instructor
Awesome! It's great to have your first collab at GMC Darius! The backing is really cool and your playing on the video is Superb!
I also liked the tone that you got using that free plug in! Great job. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 25 2013, 03:36 PM
Instructor
Thanx Gabriel! We've gotta do some online jam while I dig all the tech issues smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 25 2013, 04:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Mar 25 2013, 11:36 AM) *
Thanx Gabriel! We've gotta do some online jam while I dig all the tech issues smile.gif

Cool! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 25 2013, 04:20 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Cool collab.

I'm excited to see what you guys do!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Jouve
Mar 25 2013, 04:23 PM
Learning Roadie
It's awesome! Gotta join as soon i get my gtr fixed wink.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Mar 25 2013, 04:53 PM
GMC:er
Hey Darius, great BT, I'm in!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Mar 26 2013, 03:48 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I would love to participate, I'm in.

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Mar 26 2013, 04:07 AM
count me in Darius.

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 26 2013, 09:37 AM
Instructor
Great! So waiting for Your takes smile.gif If there'll be more than 5 solos that's ok...I make some extra bars in the backing track smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 27 2013, 03:27 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
WOW - very cool vibe of the backing track!

Looking forward to hearing what you guys come up with over this one.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Mar 27 2013, 04:15 PM
I'll be sad for sure if I don't make this one....
sad.gif

Count me in big D!

ph34r.gif

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 27 2013, 04:46 PM
Instructor
Just do it and I'll se how many of You will made before deadline...As I said...I will make some extra place if there'll be more than 5 solos smile.gif

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Mar 28 2013, 01:39 AM
Hey Darius,

hopefully this will bring a tear or two smile.gif
solo starts at 1:11.
https://soundcloud.com/patrik-berg-2/darius-collaboration

I have sent you a PM with the guitar only track.

This post has been edited by Patrik Berg: Mar 28 2013, 01:40 AM

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere

+Quote Post
gregc1
Mar 28 2013, 02:53 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Nice man! Really good stuff, felt very melodic to me.

Definitely had to grab a tissue. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Mar 28 2013, 07:49 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Patrik Berg @ Mar 27 2013, 03:39 PM) *
Hey Darius,

hopefully this will bring a tear or two smile.gif
solo starts at 1:11.
I have sent you a PM with the guitar only track.

That was beautiful man! sad.gif sniffle, my sad smiley needs tears sad.gif

Here is my shot at it Darius. I am glad to be a part of your first collaboration! This is a very emotional backing man thanks , it was hard to stop after 30 seconds of playing time. Poor puppy sad.gif
PS: I just went ahead and played over the same section that Patrik did since you said you could move the tracks around as needed, I hope it's ok , If not let me know
[attachment=31335:Poor_Puppy_collab.mp3]
[attachment=31336:Poor_Pup..._backing.mp3]

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Mar 28 2013, 07:51 AM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:52 AM