> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Mirkoschmidt - Dynamics Of Playing
Grade
Dynamics Of Playing
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

MirkoSchmidt
Sep 27 2009, 07:08 PM
Learning Rock Star

Hey GCM,

here is the next video of mine. im not very happy with that... i tried it very long, but it doesnt sound really good. i have no idea, what to do... i try do do bigger bends, more slides, but i dont get it to sounds nearly like the original.
so please, tell me what to do... dry.gif

here is the lession from Ivan:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/dynamics_of_playing/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Oct 6 2009, 07:21 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
Oct 3 2009, 04:54 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
*bump*

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Oct 4 2009, 09:41 AM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
I see two problems in your take: you have to work on your bendings and you timing. While sometimes you are just not really playing in time your bends don't make it to the note that you should reach, and this gives the effect, that you realised yourself already, it just doesn't sound good like that. Another point is the dynamics themselves, pay attention to how Ivan makes the guitars scream and sing, he is adding those dynamics to his playing instead of "only" playing the right notes.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Oct 4 2009, 12:50 PM
Instructor
As Marcus said bendings and timing are the main issues here. Try to be more precise with bendings. Sometimes you need to cut the note after you reach the bended note (no bend down). I liked your vibrato. Just concentrate more and it should be better.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Laszlo Boross
Oct 4 2009, 09:58 PM
Instructor
Bendings are really not so accurate so you have to work on it yet, but it will sound much better. Nice work! smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my lessons

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 6 2009, 12:40 PM
Instructor
Good take. You have a good feel here, but bends need more work to be tight and precise.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
skennington
Oct 6 2009, 07:21 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Almost man, 7.0 on this lesson.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 08:09 AM