3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Satriani Sues Coldplay!, What do U think?
Ian Bushell
Dec 6 2008, 04:44 PM
Instructor
That's hectic!

I agree good publicity for the satch too!

I'm on his side all the way on this one:)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ctodd
Dec 6 2008, 09:43 PM
GMC:er
I think the main problem at hand for Satch is that if he were to perform If I could Fly in front of people who are not familiar with his music... people will be inclined to think that he copied Coldplay... or if they just hear that part of the song they may even think that he is covering the song viva la vida!

and to me thats a problem.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ctodd: Dec 6 2008, 09:46 PM

--------------------
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 5 2009, 03:41 AM) *
When you hear something that you really like, take guitar and kill the beast.

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Dec 9 2008, 02:15 AM
here is my take on this:

joe satriani is easily a more knowledgeable person in the music arts than cold play.

im sure if he wanted to he could find a million other songs that sound like his HOWEVER,

i trust his musical ear, and i am sure, that he heard something in that song that made him think that they plagiarized it.

satch isnt the kind of musician that would "sue" ...then again i dont know him personally (even though we live very close to each other)

i hope satch wins...hopefully itll send out a message to other musicians to write their own stuff!

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
fkalich
Dec 9 2008, 02:40 AM
Here's my take. I am on Satriani's side regardless of merit. I had never heard of Cold Play before this, but I have looked at a few videos, and besides being a lame near-boy band without any artistic merit, the singer looks like a bearded buck tooth rabbit.

That is enough reason for me to side with Satriani, I will side with a bald guy over a boy band singer who looks like a bearded rabbit.

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Dec 9 2008, 02:50 AM
now this is just wrong: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/a...A_mASZdA4mxWMiw

they refer to satriani as just "some guitarist" thats totaly not fair..

and satch was also grammy nominated! they can go suck eggs !

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Dec 9 2008, 02:52 AM
QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ Dec 8 2008, 08:50 PM) *
now this is just wrong: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/a...A_mASZdA4mxWMiw

they refer to satriani as just "some guitarist" thats totaly not fair..

and satch was also grammy nominated! they can go suck eggs !

Umm.. thats the newspaper saying that, not the band. huh.gif

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Dec 9 2008, 02:55 AM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Dec 8 2008, 05:52 PM) *
Umm.. thats the newspaper saying that, not the band. huh.gif

i know, but still, it isnt fair, i think coldplay will have the upper hand because their song is newer and more well heard of..

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:

+Quote Post
Sircraigery
Dec 9 2008, 09:51 AM
Think it's an influenced coincidence.

Maybe Coldplay's limo driver listens to Satch, and they heard it in the background while drinking their Crystal wine one day.... Then, weeks later, trying to write a song, Coldplay's the guitar player comes up with the chord progression. Strangely enough, this just pops out of the vocalist. Everyone says "Yes sir! That's our next Juno" (I can't remember what the US one is...a grammy maybe?).

Anyways, I'm a neutral party. I can't say I'm too fond of either group. Maybe we should start a fund to get them two groups to wear dresses on stage. They are only embarrassing themselves, (*COUGH - NAPSTER*). After seeing this, Satch would probably suggest a g-string for a pay raise. Coldplay would video tape it and sell it to a sick market overseas. I say overseas, so Scatch couldn't sue them. We'd only have an endless cycle that way. Sounds familiar, someone doing work, and someone else collect money.

Why? Because money rules all - Dolla' dolla' bill y'all. It's all the white collars with their "society". Society man....society.

- Alexander Supertramp

NOW.... I ask, who knows what movie he's from?

This post has been edited by Sircraigery: Dec 9 2008, 09:53 AM

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez Prestige RG2610E [BKP Cold Sweat]
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E [Carbon Fiber Plastics]
Ibanez Roadstar II RS-135 [Stock]
Quest Acoustic [Stock]

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Boss DR-3 Dr. Rhythym

Amp:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

'Only the dead have seen the end of the war.' - Plato

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:56 AM