> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Adrian Smith Style, Lesson By Ben Higgins
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

VilleFIN
Nov 14 2012, 07:19 PM
Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Adrian Smith Style by Ben Higgins

My take on Ben's great lesson.

Cheers

-Ville-

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by WeePee: Nov 14 2012, 07:19 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Ben Higgins
Nov 15 2012, 11:13 AM
Instructor
V-Man, I love the way you make your videos !! That audience at the end ! laugh.gif

Very solid take although I still think your timing could be stronger for the ascending section and the blues bend when the solo starts.

You play the lick at 0:41 with triplets rather than straight 16th notes, so it has a slower sound.. but it still works though smile.gif

All in all, good stuff man - it rocks !

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Nov 15 2012, 07:36 PM
Instructor
Cool take and video production was very nice as well!!! As Ben said you played triplets instead of 16th notes I would suggest to work on this part at a slower tempo so you will get the right feel of 16th notes! It might take some time but you will improve your hand coordination a lot and will improve picking technique! Other than that this take was very solid 9 from me

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 15 2012, 11:34 PM
Instructor
Good playing man! I just could add to the other instructors comments that you could improve a bit more your vibrato. Compare it with Ben (our Vibrato master) and you will notice what I mean. Keep on rocking! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Fran
Nov 16 2012, 12:31 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 9

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:40 AM