Semi-related, Mandolin
Nihilist1
Aug 7 2012, 06:13 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
So, I will be playing Mandolin for a local Blues/Rock band. Here is a sample of the music so you can all see what I will be up to. It is far different from my normal genre, but I did it so I could force myself out of my comfort zone and into a position where I could gain a lot of experience.

They wanted me to play acoustic guitar, but I passed that duty on to a friend that needs the experience of playing a relatively simple rhythm.

Patrick Carrico is the singer that the group is named after. This song is about his past alcohol addiction. He is an amazing songwriter and I think he has a fantastic voice.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 7 2012, 09:13 AM
Instructor
Wow! Nice man! Congrats! It looks like a combo between The Beatles and Chris Cornell! biggrin.gif That's a winner for me!

Show us some material when you will be at it wink.gif

Best of luck!

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Yash
Aug 7 2012, 09:14 AM
GMC:er
Cool Nhilist smile.gif Please share your experience after it is done smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Aug 7 2012, 09:20 AM
Learning Roadie
Mandolin is an amazing instrument, you'll have fun with it, check out Andy Wood and Chris Thile for inspiration

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Aug 7 2012, 10:04 AM
Never heard of him, but I really like this music a lot

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 11 2012, 03:55 AM
Congrats! I think this is a great idea. I played in a blues band for over a year called the DYLAN JAMES BAND and joined to learn how to play bass and work on my "Funky/Blues" side. I wanted to get way out of my element and that did it! You'll learn things that you can't even imagine. I wish everyone would be this open about music. It's really one of the really important things to do in order to get REALLY good. You have to leave your comfort zone and do other things.

Todd

QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Aug 7 2012, 01:13 AM) *
So, I will be playing Mandolin for a local Blues/Rock band. Here is a sample of the music so you can all see what I will be up to. It is far different from my normal genre, but I did it so I could force myself out of my comfort zone and into a position where I could gain a lot of experience.

They wanted me to play acoustic guitar, but I passed that duty on to a friend that needs the experience of playing a relatively simple rhythm.

Patrick Carrico is the singer that the group is named after. This song is about his past alcohol addiction. He is an amazing songwriter and I think he has a fantastic voice.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 12 2012, 02:48 PM
Instructor
I currently own a mandolin built in 1964, but I think it needs reconditioning, as I haven't played it since 2003 sad.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 12 2012, 04:43 PM
Instructor
Mandolins sound great.. my Dad makes them. He's made more mandolins than guitars !

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Aug 7 2012, 09:20 AM) *
and Chris Thile for inspiration

Yeah he's bloody good. He's probably the only mandolin player I know but he rocks !

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:45 PM