2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Death Metal, Need suggestions!
Fsgdjv
Mar 29 2008, 09:27 PM
GMC:er
So yeah, I feel like I've gotten tired of most of the death bands I used to listen to and I need to find some new bands that I could like. I'm not into that super fast 198416916 notes per seconds tech death bands, I want more groovy stuff, like for example:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mg4yi26cr5M - Bloodbath - Mouth of Empty Praise

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ud4pOu8PKXA - Aeon - You Pray to Nothing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VNQve866m0g - Entombed - Wolverine Blues

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endID=112356990 - Six Feet of Foreplay (If these guys won't get huge then there's something wrong with the world)

So yeah, groove is important, but it doesn't have to be super groovy all the time either, just not super fast everything, because then it feels so pointless to me, idk. And also, I can't listen to any music with vocalists with bad pronunciation, unless they sound incrediblt good.

I know I'm picky, and that's why I need your help in finding some death bands that fit me, I've gotten so tired of some of the more technical stuff like Nile and even Death. But I know there are lots of people here that could help me, so bring on the suggestions, or something like that.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
uberIbanez
Mar 29 2008, 09:29 PM
i like some but i like black metal more

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
uberIbanez
Mar 29 2008, 09:37 PM
how was the melloboat?

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Mar 29 2008, 09:40 PM
Instructor
How about Septic Flesh? a bit unusual though. Not sure if it's what your looking for, but i think it's awesome smile.gif

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PfTrw-53LXE

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Mar 29 2008, 09:40 PM
The Melloboat was amazing! But I want to hear some suggestions here, not talk about that, even though it was insanely amazingly super fun and awesome.

Edit:

Thanks Trond! Not really what I'm looking for, but still, I'll check them out. smile.gif Even though it feels a bit too symphonic for me, idk.

This post has been edited by Fsgdjv: Mar 29 2008, 09:44 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
VinceG
Mar 29 2008, 10:08 PM
I don't know what you mean by a more groovy death metal...

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
VinceG
Mar 29 2008, 10:13 PM
hmm, doing a bit of roaming around on my collection...

Exposed Guts maybe?
The Chasm on there album Conjuration Of The Spectral Empire (album)
Hate- Holy Dead Trinity (album)
Flesh- Worship The Soul Of Disgust (album)

Tell me if im getting closer or farther from what your looking for

This post has been edited by VinceG: Mar 29 2008, 10:24 PM

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

+Quote Post
Robin
Mar 29 2008, 10:18 PM
This is probably all wrong, but i really like Atheist and you have probably already heard them.

Anaal Nathrakh is also pretty awesome. I only got their album Eschaton, and they got atleast one super groovy song: Regression to the mean biggrin.gif

I'm a SUPER noob when it comes to death metal, so this was probably no help at all tongue.gif

well good luck on your quest for new bands.

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Mar 29 2008, 10:19 PM
VinceG: Well, more Death 'n Roll is basically what I mean.

Exposed Guts is closer to what I mean than some other stuff, but still not really there.

But for example this is the kind of death I'm not looking for, and this is the kind of death I am looking for.

Edit: Robin: I haven't really listened to Atheist, always wrote the off as the stuff I don't like, but this is quite good, I'll give them a chance! Ana about Anaal Nathrakh, I only have The Codex Necro, is Eschaton without the cheesy sung choruses as they have in some records? Because the codex necro is amazing, I actually just started to listen to them again as late as yesterday biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Fsgdjv: Mar 29 2008, 10:23 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Robin
Mar 29 2008, 10:21 PM
http://www.myspace.com/slogstorm check out Slogstorm. I can send you their first demo if you want to(the song Svart Hav on their myspace is from the first demo, super freakin cool)

+Quote Post
Robin
Mar 29 2008, 10:25 PM
QUOTE (Fsgdjv @ Mar 29 2008, 10:19 PM) *
VinceG: Well, more Death 'n Roll is basically what I mean.

Exposed Guts is closer to what I mean than some other stuff, but still not really there.

But for example this is the kind of death I'm not looking for, and this is the kind of death I am looking for.

Edit: Robin: I haven't really listened to Atheist, always wrote the off as the stuff I don't like, but this is quite good, I'll give them a chance! Ana about Anaal Nathrakh, I only have The Codex Necro, is Eschaton without the cheesy sung choruses as they have in some records? Because the codex necro is amazing, I actually just started to listen to them again as late as yesterday biggrin.gif

Get Atheists album Piece Of Time!

I'm not sure what cheesy choruses you mean, but i think there might be some laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Mar 29 2008, 10:31 PM
QUOTE (Robin @ Mar 29 2008, 10:21 PM) *
http://www.myspace.com/slogstorm check out Slogstorm. I can send you their first demo if you want to(the song Svart Hav on their myspace is from the first demo, super freakin cool)

Yeah, that's the kind I'm looking for. I'd love to get the first demo, I'll pm you my msn so you can send it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Mar 29 2008, 10:32 PM
---Warning... not part of the topic sad.gif ssrrryyy -------

well for some crazy technical deathmetal i recommend BrainDrill its to insane for words so check them out smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6z6aRuMjvA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVlM8Ya0d54...feature=related

wooooh insanity!

This post has been edited by Smikey2006: Mar 29 2008, 10:36 PM

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
VinceG
Mar 29 2008, 10:34 PM
hes not looking for Tech Death Smikey

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Mar 29 2008, 10:35 PM
Learning Tone Master
Behemoth maybe...

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Mar 29 2008, 10:35 PM
QUOTE (VinceG @ Mar 29 2008, 05:34 PM) *
hes not looking for Tech Death Smikey

haha yea i just noticed that after i posted.. my bad smile.gif

--------------------
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack

+Quote Post
VinceG
Mar 29 2008, 10:39 PM
I don't know, I dont know any band similar to Bloodbath. I'm sure you can get better results if you post this on MA.

EDIT:

This is my last rec, if its not what your looking for then then I dont know

Lord Gore

This post has been edited by VinceG: Mar 29 2008, 10:45 PM

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Mar 29 2008, 10:46 PM
okay so heres my attempt.. i don't really know "Groovy" deathmetal

LifeRuiner

Light This City

Quo Vadis

Zyklon- Somestuff not all

Entombed ( alot like Bloodbath )

The Faceless

Dying Fetus ( don't let the name fool you- they have some great stuff )

--------------------
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Mar 29 2008, 10:49 PM
Thanks Smikey, I'll check them out. And yes, Entombed is exactly the thing I'm looking for, however I already listen to themm I even linked a song in the first post, but you understand what I mean. I can't describe it that well either, I just don't want the super fast tech stuff, that wopuld probably be the best explanation for what I mean, idk.

--------------------

+Quote Post
VinceG
Mar 29 2008, 10:58 PM
QUOTE (Fsgdjv @ Mar 30 2008, 02:49 AM) *
Thanks Smikey, I'll check them out. And yes, Entombed is exactly the thing I'm looking for, however I already listen to themm I even linked a song in the first post, but you understand what I mean. I can't describe it that well either, I just don't want the super fast tech stuff, that wopuld probably be the best explanation for what I mean, idk.

So Slam Death Metal would also work for what your looking for?

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:05 AM