2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Irs Vs Virtual Amps
JohnMathew
Nov 8 2020, 11:47 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Mertay @ Nov 8 2020, 10:32 PM) *

Found this video I hope it helps, but I can't help with the details as I don't own fx.

Thanks FOr he vid! I saw a lot of vids about FX but missed this one smile.gif.

Cheers!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 9 2020, 05:03 AM
So yeah, if you want to load custom IR and you want to usb BIAS FX, you gotta buy the PRO or ELITE version. You can grab the PRO version with the IR loader for under $100 which is a great buy. It will do pretty much everything you need and let you load custom IRs smile.gif Lots of bang for the buck. Also, it's got the added benefit of being a plugin which means you will always be able to go back and change your tone at any point in the recording/mixing process and be able to save a single preset to keep all of your tonen choices in one patch. You can upload your fave patch to the "tonecloud" so that it's always available, as a bonus.

QUOTE (JohnMathew @ Nov 8 2020, 06:47 PM) *

Cheers!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Timmez
Nov 9 2020, 07:44 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey john.

Yes you can also switch the speakers in the cab already inside bias but this sound didnt come close (in my opinion) to a good IR.
You cab also download other presets from internet and customise it.

For examples. I played the collab with a stock preset and used IR in the cabinet. And put some delay in the tone. Simple. And you can download lots of good free IR also.

Greetz

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 10 2020, 10:25 PM
So how is it coming with your journey in to the wonderful land of guitar plugins? is one package gaining ground for you?

QUOTE (JohnMathew @ Nov 8 2020, 06:47 PM) *

Cheers!

+Quote Post
JohnMathew
Nov 10 2020, 11:22 PM
Hi Sarge!

Yes, it seems STL ToneHub is the best one for me. Threre's something that I have started to understand and it is that you don't need thousands or effects and thousands of cabinets and thousands of... I mean, brands like Amplitube, Bias, etc. seem to focusmore on quantity than quality. I am not saying they are bad. They aren't. But there's a great difference between good and awesome smile.gif.

What I have found in STL tonehub (that I am still trying) it that it has less of everything compared to the type of plugins I named before, but the presets are golden IMO. So, I think I am more leaned towards STL Tone. I'm waiting for black friday to finally decide smile.gif.

Cheers!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 11 2020, 12:46 AM
Glad you have found one that is working for ya! The tonehub is a very handy feature. Having wads of presets on tap and ready for a preview is a very powerful feature. It does come down to the tone in the end. Bottom line, how does it sound? The STL stuff has very good algorithms and it's very easy to try new relases and very easy to go through presets until you find something you like. Thats one thing that I find lacking in THU. BIAS has a great shared cloud preset bank and I do hope that THU integrates a cloud based preset sharing thing in the next release. STL was the quickest one, in my experience, to go from launch to workable tone. It isn't the most flexible, or the most feature rich, but none of that matters if it takes to long to get to a tone that works for you.

keep an open mind and keep trying out things as they are released. Next thing you know, bam, something will come out and you'll be like "FINALLY!!!" smile.gif

QUOTE (JohnMathew @ Nov 10 2020, 06:22 PM) *
Hi Sarge!

Yes, it seems STL ToneHub is the best one for me. Threre's something that I have started to understand and it is that you don't need thousands or effects and thousands of cabinets and thousands of... I mean, brands like Amplitube, Bias, etc. seem to focusmore on quantity than quality. I am not saying they are bad. They aren't. But there's a great difference between good and awesome smile.gif.

What I have found in STL tonehub (that I am still trying) it that it has less of everything compared to the type of plugins I named before, but the presets are golden IMO. So, I think I am more leaned towards STL Tone. I'm waiting for black friday to finally decide smile.gif.

Cheers!

+Quote Post
JohnMathew
Nov 11 2020, 12:50 AM
Very true Todd!. I will follow your advice smile.gif.

Cheers!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:55 PM