Introduction To All!, Get in here :P
Ajmurrell
Feb 24 2009, 03:25 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hello to you!

My names Adam, and despite my previous attempts to not be called AJ, I think I can safely say that people seem to know me as AJ or Adam. I won't hold it against you if you decide to call me AJ, but you may get some more work from me tongue.gif

Only kidding of course!

I've looked over each of your submission entries in the MTP sign up, and notice a couple of you haven't posted any videos yet so I may try to entise you into giving a brief demo soon if you can manage it.

I was thinking of setting up the Board as follows:

• Having individual forum topics for each of you
    - I think its only natural that you'll all have different agenda's about what you'd like to learn, and all have a different level of ability on the guitar also. Because of this I personally think it'll be more productive to give you all individual assignments.
  • Having an upload thread where ALL of you post your uploads, of any kind
    - This way you can all see how everyones doing, comment on everyones takes and cheer each other on!
  • Having a weekly/fortnightly/monthly group exercise
    - I thought that although having individual assignments it might be fun and good learning to all have a slightly challenging lesson assignment that you can work towards as a group over a longer period of time.

Now I want to state now that I'm completely open to how this experience pans out for you guys, if you don't like something just tell me and I'll be sure to change it. If something can be organised better, let me know!

As for what to do for now if you could all make yourselfs a Topic name for your individual assignments, Just make sure to include your name! smile.gif

If you also want to give a brief introduction of yourselves in your topic, letting me know:

How long you've been playing

What skills/techniques/abilities you'd like to improve

How much time you have to commit to guitar practise, weekly

How much praise you'll give me for being a fantastic mentor smile.gif

If you've posted a video already stating the above, don't worry about repeating yourself, just create your topic and then we'll go from there.

Good luck guys! Been looking forward to this!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ajmurrell: Feb 24 2009, 03:29 PM

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Justinboy
Feb 24 2009, 04:25 PM
GMC:er
Hi Adam,

What do you mean by making a "Topic Name for individual assignments?" Please explain. I would like to be part of this. I have been playing guitar for about 9 months, but bring alot to my playing because I have been playing the sax for years. I like blues and working as hard as I can to improve myself in this area. I have approximately 7 hours a week to devote to practice. I try to get the most out of it when i am practicing. For me, understanding a bit more theory rather than playing "by ear" will probably go along way in improving my playing. Iv'e known this for a long time, and I am just about ready to focus on this area. I consider myself an advanced beginner.....what do you need me to do now?

Thanks!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Feb 24 2009, 06:36 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hi there man smile.gif

Is your name Justin by chance? Don't want to presume smile.gif

I see you're a Cloud Strife fan so I'm sure we'll get along just fine biggrin.gif

If you go to my sub board in the MTP, here : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...p?showforum=156

You should have the option to click "New Topic", if you don't let me know and I'll set it up for everyone.

If you can, if you just make a topic called something like "Justinboy MTP" and then we can use that thread to talk about what you want to work on. I can post lesson suggestions and/or theory topics there for you.

I only wanted you guys to create your own topics so that you can put a little about yourself in it straight away, so we can get working faster smile.gif

I'm busy this evening so apologies if I'm a bit absent over the next few hours, but will kick this off as soon as you guys have posted a topic for us to work in smile.gif

Cheers

QUOTE (Justinboy @ Feb 24 2009, 03:25 PM) *
Hi Adam,

What do you mean by making a "Topic Name for individual assignments?" Please explain. I would like to be part of this. I have been playing guitar for about 9 months, but bring alot to my playing because I have been playing the sax for years. I like blues and working as hard as I can to improve myself in this area. I have approximately 7 hours a week to devote to practice. I try to get the most out of it when i am practicing. For me, understanding a bit more theory rather than playing "by ear" will probably go along way in improving my playing. Iv'e known this for a long time, and I am just about ready to focus on this area. I consider myself an advanced beginner.....what do you need me to do now?

Thanks!

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.

+Quote Post
Sharpy2008
Aug 1 2009, 02:47 PM
GMC:er
Hi Adam

I'm looking for a mentor. Can you help?

Steve

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:40 PM