Tony Iommi
slash
Feb 24 2008, 11:02 AM
GMC:er
laugh.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2OwquyElP8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLXHaoqkW7A

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by slash: Feb 26 2008, 04:41 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
visi0n
Feb 24 2008, 11:21 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hmm i don't see the meaning of this ? you post twice but in different topics ? huh.gif could you tell something of this guy and why you posted it in this thread, i dont know him,maybe you can describe why you wanted to share it with us and your opinion about him smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 24 2008, 11:51 AM
You don't know of him ohmy.gif

Black Sabbath guitarist? Invented Metal Music?

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Feb 24 2008, 11:51 AM

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
visi0n
Feb 24 2008, 12:05 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I don't listen black sabbath tongue.gif maybe thats why ..

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Feb 24 2008, 12:09 PM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (visi0n @ Feb 24 2008, 11:05 AM) *
I don't listen black sabbath tongue.gif maybe thats why ..

+1

sad.gif

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Feb 24 2008, 01:19 PM
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Feb 24 2008, 06:09 AM) *
+1

sad.gif

how can you NOT listen to black sabbath?! tony is one of the best guitarists ever, and one of my biggest influences.
Edit: great queen cover BTW.

This post has been edited by Guitarman700: Feb 24 2008, 01:19 PM

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
JVM
Feb 24 2008, 03:59 PM
Learning Roadie
WHAT!?

How can you not listen to Sabbath? I command you to purchase Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Paranoid and the self titled album at least NOW! biggrin.gif

Really though, Iommi is a certified guitar god, one of the best.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Feb 24 2008, 04:06 PM
QUOTE (JVM @ Feb 24 2008, 09:59 AM) *
WHAT!?

How can you not listen to Sabbath? I command you to purchase Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, Paranoid and the self titled album at least NOW! biggrin.gif

Really though, Iommi is a certified guitar god, one of the best.

I actually HIGHLY prefer black sabbath with Dio on vocals. never been much of an Ozzy fan, admittedly, he does what he can with a half octave voice but compared to Ronnie, come on. My favorite sabbath albus are heaven and hell and the mob rules.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
JVM
Feb 24 2008, 04:24 PM
Learning Roadie
Yes, most of their albums are good. I prefer Ozzy but its really Tony that makes the band. Heaven and Hell is great biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 24 2008, 04:46 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Heaven And Hell is a brilliant album, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath is a classic, and Paranoid is a must.

Iommi is a certified guitar god indeed smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 24 2008, 05:57 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Feb 24 2008, 12:46 PM) *
Heaven And Hell is a brilliant album, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath is a classic, and Paranoid is a must.

Iommi is a certified guitar god indeed smile.gif

+1
smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
Feb 24 2008, 09:00 PM
Instructor
Tony Iommi... the heavy riff´s God!!!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
rokchik
Feb 28 2008, 02:02 AM
The Dark Canuck
Iommi is amazing. One of my favourites for sure.

He attributes his style/sound to the fact that he lost the tops of his fingers on his fretting hand in an industrial accident. He's just a genious and certainly worthy of the Guitar God title. Plus he just looks so darn cool smile.gif

rok

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Mar 1 2008, 02:32 AM
Dude, you play guitar and you haven't listened to Sabbath?! You gotta pay your dues man! Listen from the roots to the modern stuff!
I've gone all the way back to the real roots: Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, and Lighting Hopkins!

Sabbath ftw

+Quote Post
Patrik Jezierski
Mar 3 2008, 12:11 PM
Sabbath was actually the first band I really got in to. So I'm a huge fan of Iommi, and i have a tattoo to prove it tongue.gif Attached Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 02:51 PM