3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Avoiding Sound Syncing, is it possible
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 28 2019, 09:43 PM
Learning Rock Star
I definitely hear a lot of confidence in a lot of that playing, which is absolutely great to hear! It's something I have lacked too and have tried working on, and I have sometimes felt I sensed that lack of confidence from you in your playing too. Not there though! I think it was Marty Friedman that once said: "play like you mean it!" and something about even wrong notes might sound okay then. Of course it's a bit of a stretch on the wrong notes maybe, but they will likely sound more intentional that way than if you play them with less confidence.

I have been listening to that jam while writing this and it is absolutely awesome! Your playing sounds so great here! Amazing! You have come a very long way and have improved a lot!

I'm not gonna press "add reply" till I have finished listening, so now I am sitting here enjoying the last minute of the jam!

Finished now! Wow!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 28 2019, 10:55 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thanks Ben, I appreciate your kind words, I actually blushed, did you listen to the master?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 29 2019, 01:17 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 28 2019, 10:55 PM) *
Thanks Ben, I appreciate your kind words, I actually blushed, did you listen to the master?

But I already listened to the master? Why would I listen to Vaughan? cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 29 2019, 05:06 AM
GMC:er
Works great! Should be perfect for quick licks. Is that the web cam mic? I remember you saying that you didn't want to use the web cam mic as you were a perfectionist and such, but I'm glad you are having a change of heart. It's a very easy way to get to a synched vid.
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 28 2019, 03:52 PM) *
Not too bad with the guitar only, will be great for Quick Licks

https://youtu.be/iRlLMufkiP8

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 29 2019, 08:09 AM
No Todd, that's not the camera mic, it's the guitar via Helix into the Scarlett.

Bummer, I found out my laptop has no mic input sad.gif May have to use desktop.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 29 2019, 12:16 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 29 2019, 08:09 AM) *
No Todd, that's not the camera mic, it's the guitar via Helix into the Scarlett.

Yeah, my laptop doesn't either. I have not tried it, but you can get small USB dongles that create an input/output. I can't say how they work as I haven't tried though:

https://sandberg.it/en-gb/product/USB-to-Sound-Link

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 29 2019, 09:39 PM
Virtual cable is confusing me immensely and OBS desktop sound only plays windows system sounds and YouTube sounds, not my daw.

Starting to wish I hadn't bothered sad.gif

I mean, what am I supposed to do with this??

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jan 29 2019, 09:42 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 29 2019, 09:50 PM
Learning Rock Star
Did you see my post on the USB dongle with input/output? I don't know if it works or how well, but it's not too expensive. I think it might work, but I haven't tried it. And then the cable from your headphones out on the Focusrite to the line in of that USB dongle.

My laptop doesn't have line in either, from what I can tell. Though I am thinking it might need to be a splitter/connector cable, such as the cables you use for headphones, which includes both headphones and microphone in the same output cable. I wonder if there is a way for that to work in your setup. I will try and look into it if I remember, to see if I can help, but I am a little stressed out these days.

And yeah, I struggled with virtual cable too.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 29 2019, 09:56 PM
Don't get stressed about this buddy, I know you are trying to help, I can get on with it, I just hate losing practise time with things like this, you end up going round and round in circles, then one day you get it sorted but you just don't know how you got there so haven't really learned anything, pressing and guessing that's me rolleyes.gif

Here's my little setup

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jan 29 2019, 09:59 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 29 2019, 10:00 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 29 2019, 09:56 PM) *
Don't get stressed about this buddy, I know you are trying to help, I can get on with it, I just hate losing practise time with things like this, you end up going round and round in circles, then one day you get it sorted but you just don't know how you got there so haven't really learned anything, pressing and guessing that's me rolleyes.gif

Hah! As I have talked about elsewhere (if you have time, there's some info in the "goals"-thread) on here, in a few different topics, I have the time, but it's still difficult for different reasons. I have barely touched or picked up the guitar for a couple of months. Since late November I would estimate a total playing time of about 10-20 minutes...and essentially I only have myself to blame, though there are other things stressing me of course and that having an effect on me mad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 30 2019, 07:50 AM
I thought it sounded too nice for web cam smile.gif Sorry the virtual cable is not working. The setup is probably more hassle than just running the cable to the line in on your desktop. you can get a usb sound card thats the size of a usb memory stick like ben mentioned. There are many ways to skin the proverbial cat.
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 29 2019, 03:09 AM) *

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 30 2019, 08:40 AM
Ordered THIS and a cable wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 31 2019, 09:44 PM
Well it turns out I didn't read enough and the usb thing is mono input only.

This is the kind of thing I can do now, the camera finally focuses at about the 30-second mark wink.gif

Excuse the sloppy playing, just trying something for the collab at half speed.

https://youtu.be/lVzqg_YvHCM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 2 2019, 04:08 AM
Nice axe!! Works perfect for the backing and well played!
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 31 2019, 04:44 PM) *
Well it turns out I didn't read enough and the usb thing is mono input only.

This is the kind of thing I can do now, the camera finally focuses at about the 30-second mark wink.gif

Excuse the sloppy playing, just trying something for the collab at half speed.

https://youtu.be/lVzqg_YvHCM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 2 2019, 05:23 AM
Learning Rock Star
By the way, I don't see any issue with focus in all of the video. Looks fine!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 2 2019, 11:25 AM
It just sharpens up a little at 30seconds,maybe it isn't as noticeable with YT compression.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 5 2019, 09:24 PM
mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

Here I go again. I bought THIS, it's a lovely little unit and worked straight out of the box and records in stereo from the headphone output, it also comes with a SPDIF cable. For some reason, I decided to download the Win10 drivers thinking it could do no harm. BOOM, no sound from Reaper, YT, PC System Sounds. but the speaker test in control panel works.

WHY OH WHY did I decide to install the drivers? hindsight is an exact science eh? Tried to uninstall the driver, disabled the device, unplugged the device nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whole of my practise session gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

UPDATE:

Don't know why I thought about it but I switched off my Scarlett and switched it back on and it worked, phew, I can sleep now, well until around 03:30 when Mr Insomnia wakes me.

The moral of the story. If USB is giving you hassle, switch EVERYTHING OFF COMPLETELY and switch back on!!!!! I'll probably forget that next time rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Feb 5 2019, 09:52 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:43 PM