What Child Is This?, Christmas Carol Guitar cover
Bear Rose
Dec 3 2010, 11:56 PM
Beginner Instructor
Hey GMC!

Just uploaded my take on "What Child is This?" for the Christmas season!

Let me know what you think about it!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 11)
MonkeyDAthos
Dec 4 2010, 12:11 AM
GMC:er
love it biggrin.gif
the intro it blows my mind love the harmony you created between the instruments, "don't ask me why but it reminds alot of lord of the rings <3"
i really enjoyed.

5 Stars Mr' Bear

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Dec 4 2010, 12:12 AM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 4 2010, 12:13 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Very cool cover! I'm getting into the Christmas spirit now! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Nielzsz
Dec 4 2010, 09:19 AM
Learning Roadie
Very nice take man! I like the way you progress it!
keep it up biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Dec 4 2010, 04:37 PM
Instructor
Greensleeves always rules!! Very nice arrangement!

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Bear Rose
Dec 4 2010, 06:07 PM
Beginner Instructor
Thanks everyone! This has always been one of my favorite Christmas songs and I thoroughly enjoyed recording it.

QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Dec 3 2010, 08:11 PM) *
love it biggrin.gif
the intro it blows my mind love the harmony you created between the instruments, "don't ask me why but it reminds alot of lord of the rings <3"
i really enjoyed.

5 Stars Mr' Bear

Thanks! I think the flute sits very well with the acoustic guitar. I agree with you on it being reminiscent of LOTR, but I've also listened to it and thought it sounded kind of like a "cowboy" version, too! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Jitty
Dec 4 2010, 06:35 PM
Learning Rock Star
Wow! I loved it, very nice arrangement.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 4 2010, 06:36 PM
Instructor
That is such a beautiful tone from that Les Paul... if that's what they sound like I can understand why so many people play them ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bear Rose
Dec 5 2010, 03:38 AM
Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Jitty @ Dec 4 2010, 02:35 PM) *
Wow! I loved it, very nice arrangement.

Thanks so much!

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 4 2010, 02:36 PM) *
That is such a beautiful tone from that Les Paul... if that's what they sound like I can understand why so many people play them ! smile.gif

Thanks, Ben! I do love my Les Paul, but some of the credit has to go to the Tech 21 Liverpool pedal. It was my "amp" for this song and it gives a beautiful tone, in my opinion.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 5 2010, 10:30 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bear Rose @ Dec 5 2010, 02:38 AM) *
Thanks, Ben! I do love my Les Paul, but some of the credit has to go to the Tech 21 Liverpool pedal. It was my "amp" for this song and it gives a beautiful tone, in my opinion.

Well I'm not sure what that is but it sounds good to me smile.gif A winning combination you've got going on for sure !! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fre
Dec 5 2010, 11:30 AM
Learning Rock Star
Absolutely great man!

Absolutely great man!

+Quote Post
Bear Rose
Dec 7 2010, 05:33 AM
Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 5 2010, 06:30 AM) *
Well I'm not sure what that is but it sounds good to me smile.gif A winning combination you've got going on for sure !! smile.gif

http://www.tech21nyc.com/products/sansamp/...cterseries.html

There's the info on these great pedals. I have the Liverpool, but I'd love to try some of the others!

QUOTE (Fre @ Dec 5 2010, 07:30 AM) *
Absolutely great man!

Absolutely great man!

Thanks!

Thanks!

(haha wink.gif )

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:43 AM