4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
The Youtube Dog Throw
swingline
Mar 18 2008, 02:41 AM
GMC:er
Its probably fake but those are the idiots that make all of us other Americans look look crap.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JVM
Mar 18 2008, 02:43 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (swingline @ Mar 17 2008, 09:41 PM) *
Its probably fake but those are the idiots that make all of us other Americans look look crap.

I can agree with that mad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
swingline
Mar 18 2008, 02:45 AM
This guy has a pretty good perspective on the deal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9xYl_VVBXw&NR=1

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:

+Quote Post
JVM
Mar 18 2008, 02:53 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (swingline @ Mar 17 2008, 09:45 PM) *
This guy has a pretty good perspective on the deal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9xYl_VVBXw&NR=1

He makes some good points.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Mar 18 2008, 05:08 AM
QUOTE (Duncan @ Mar 17 2008, 08:05 PM) *
I can't get over how much I despise you right now.

You're putting the life of a puppy over two human beings?

go ahead and despise me, it just makes you look stupid...
i tend to like animals more than humans, less stupid, more agreeable, and wont stab you in the back at the soonest opportunity.

This post has been edited by Guitarman700: Mar 18 2008, 05:10 AM

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
swingline
Mar 18 2008, 05:22 AM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Mar 17 2008, 09:08 PM) *
i tend to like animals more than humans, less stupid, more agreeable, and wont stab you in the back at the soonest opportunity.

Tell that to an 800 pound tiger.

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:

+Quote Post
Tuubsu
Mar 18 2008, 05:33 AM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Mar 18 2008, 06:08 AM) *

I actually agree with you.... I don't like dogs that much, but still I wouldn't say human life is any more valuable than a dogs life for example, just because I'm a human or humans are more intelligent. This is just my 2 cents, my opinion.

I sure have not been where that marine dude has been, but at this point I would swear on my life I wouldn't throw EVEN a bird off a cliff in his situation....

--------------------
Anyone can learn to play fast, like anyone can learn to type quickly. But not everyone can write a book.
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Idols:

Jason Becker (ex-Cacophony, ex-David Lee Roth, Solo)
Marty Friedman (ex-Cacophony, ex-Megadeth, Solo)
Niccolo Paganini (Solo)
Eddie Van Halen (Van Halen....Duh!)
Frederic Chopin (Solo)

+Quote Post
Duncan
Mar 18 2008, 02:27 PM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Mar 18 2008, 04:08 AM) *

I don't see any way that it makes me look stupid. You have just condemned two people you know nothing about to death merely because they may or may not have killed a puppy. Yet alone to mention the soldiers are actually out there because of your countries current administration.

Different forms of animal cruelty go on around the world everyday, and I bet half of them wouldn't get your 'death penalty'.

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Mar 18 2008, 02:55 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Guys,
I said early on that I was going to let the discussion run. However if it is going to descend in to personalised name calling then I will take action. Cool it and discuss without the flaming.
Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Duncan
Mar 18 2008, 03:13 PM
Haha I love how my rating has gone down from 5 stars to 3 stars today. And the only visitor to my profile was guitarman700.

Textbook.

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Mar 18 2008, 03:18 PM
QUOTE (Duncan @ Mar 18 2008, 09:13 AM) *
Haha I love how my rating has gone down from 5 stars to 3 stars today. And the only visitor to my profile was guitarman700.

Textbook.

i didnt do that. unlike you i know how to let things go. wink.gif

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30

+Quote Post
Goliath
Mar 18 2008, 04:02 PM
Humans ARE more intelligent than "lesser" animals and their capacity for deceit/betrayl is a function of it. I believe animals are smarter than we probably give them credit for, as evidenced by the "ALEX" experiment (African Grey parrot could count objects, understood the concepts of color, shape, size, spatial relation and could answer the questions when asked the difference between two objects), however to suppose that an animal is somehow better for being more primal is an equally ridiculous claim. I don't understand the self loathing that is tought in modern society. People are ashamed of what race they are, what country their from, ashamed that their natural gifts are able to secure them more wealth than others. Why be sorry?
I won't get political, but it wasn't the US just decided to go out one day and start liberating countries, and if you don't acknowledge the failings of the UN that paved the path up until this point then you need more help than I have time to give you.

To wish death on those 3 men for their deed puts you on the same boat as them, whether you can let yourself see it or not. You can justify it however you like as "punishment", but that does not make it just.

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
Duncan
Mar 18 2008, 04:06 PM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Mar 18 2008, 02:18 PM) *
i didnt do that. unlike you i know how to let things go. wink.gif

So your argument is now: "I can't be bothered to argue"?

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Mar 18 2008, 04:11 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Duncan and Guitarman700,
I DON"T like repeating myself.

I will say this once more - stop turning this into a personal fight. No more warnings on this.

Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Mar 18 2008, 04:13 PM
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Mar 18 2008, 10:11 AM) *
Duncan and Guitarman700,
I DON"T like repeating myself.

I will say this once more - stop turning this into a personal fight. No more warnings on this.

Tony

im not turning this into a personal fight. i said my piece, now im done with this thread.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30

+Quote Post
steve25
Mar 18 2008, 04:17 PM
Duncan the word argue i don't think should be in anyones posts here. Of course everyone has different opinions here and i agree with certain parts from different people.

I don't think it's fair that you wish the man to die because he threw a puppy off a cliff or perhaps i should say as far as we know he threw a puppy off the cliff. I'm not totally convinced it's a real puppy but i guess at the moment it doesn't really matter.

This guy is fighting for your country i don't think what a lot of people are saying about him is far. On the other hand i agree that this dog was doing him no harm, it was causing him no threat so why kill it? I agree with a lot of what Goliath has said i think people are going to extremes a little here. I'm not all that bothered by it but i still don't think it's right.

+Quote Post
Angelica
Mar 18 2008, 04:45 PM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Mar 17 2008, 08:20 PM) *
I don't trust people who are not disgust by this kind of thing. they may act fine under stable conditions, but you don't turn it on or off. If you are heartless towards animals, under the right circumstances, you will be the heartless towards your own species.

wink.gif
Completely agree.

This post has been edited by Angelica: Mar 18 2008, 05:36 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

It's better to please much to a few, than to please a few to many

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 18 2008, 05:46 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Up to one per thousand of the worlds population could suffer from emotional disturbances (counting diagnosis made and undiscovered), AS or whatever similar. These people just can't judge right from wrong without prior learning. Throwing a puppy off a cliff fake or not would imo show lack of empaty not being able to judge that both cases would upset people. By connecting himself with this act by being shown on film to me only tells me that he/they can't measure the vast negativity to their own person and their employer and they can't calculate on the cosequences.

If I were to take a guess this person is disturbed (as in is ill but without diagnosis)

Then it's not strange at all that people react to puppies, babies, children or other defenceless chreatures are killed. They can't defend themselves and should be left in peace. That we feel more for a puppy compared to a rat is that our brain judge what's cute which will add to the factor of "harmlessness", as well as it's a variable what appeals us when looking at the opposite sex, or same sex for that matter. What kind of cureves and particulars appeal us. So by nature we're programmed to think some things are cute (puppies), some things scare us (spiders) and some things are repulsive (rat).

And by nature, watching this video should raise emotions and empathy for the puppy. If now, well... that's not my problem.

Now dinner, then rehearsal with the band. Much more pleasant than this!

+Quote Post
dusty
Mar 18 2008, 07:52 PM
i can see that passions have been really stirred up by this topic and not unreasonably so either and as i have said previously i certainly hope that the video was a fake.

fake or not this video has created such a s**t storm that these guys will have to answer to thier superiors as they ave brought the uniform and thier country in to disgrace with thier behaviour (and this is not a charge that the military takes lightly).

but if you can please try and put your self in the shoes of an ordinary enlisted man in the forces for a couple of minutes.
as it has been for centuries these men sign up to serve thier countries (and the administation at the time) usually because there are no other opportunities available to them at home. so they sign up, get trained (usually minimal) get clothed and fed and paid (again usually minimal) then get sent out to fight somebody elses war.
when these guys get to the front lines they are probably the same people that they were when they joined and they will behave more or less as their mothers recognise them (all be it with a few habits and behaviours picked up from thier squad mates).

but after months on end after being shot at, blown up, watching thier mates being killed and other horrific situations that would keep the average citizen in the western world awake at night for most of their natural lives you could reasonably expect thier outlook on life to have adjusted somewhat.

so naturally what seemed funny to them at th time would be seen as horrific to the rest of us. but then again after spending time in the environment that they have you would start to see all life as cheap and see humour where the rest of the world has seen horror.

it is easy for us to sit at home and pass judgement on the actions of servicemen but if you think that this type of behaviour is new then think again it has gone on before and will continue to do so as long as humans are put in environments of extreme stress such as war, they will display behavoiurs such as this and more that likely be the same men that when thier time is done and they return home, kiss the wife, hug the kids and then take the family dog for a walk.

mellow.gif

--------------------
"smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast"

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 18 2008, 08:13 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
This clip is just plain stupid and I honestly hope that its a fake! sad.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 03:22 PM