8 String Guitars
Smikey2006
Aug 12 2008, 02:02 PM
GMC:er
Hey GMC!
im not ready to purcahse yet but ive descided (after getting myself addicted to Nevermore and Meshuggah) that i would like to try chuggin on an 8 string smile.gif Right now i have a 7 string guitar (the Damien 7 by Schecter) and i love it but i hate the look of it, the point of a 7 string is to be Br()()tol biggrin.gif therefore im on a search either for an 8 string or a new 7 string(im not limiting myself to brand this time smile.gif ) here are some things ive been looking at

Esp-
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t276/lo...tringguitar.jpg

Ibanez

http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/drumcity...ic%20Guitar.jpg

im having troubles finding 8 strings in stores to try biggrin.gif imagine that eh... so help me out gmc got any recommendations?

edit: also can anyone identify this guitar for me?
http://bp2.blogger.com/_YntpRcNQV0I/SAwL2_...ring_guitar.jpg

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Smikey2006: Aug 12 2008, 02:04 PM

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 11)
Toni Suominen
Aug 12 2008, 02:40 PM
Instructor
Yeah, 8-strings are really hard to find in store-shelves, maybe they just aren't as popular as 7-strings yet. But I've heard only good about those two 8-strings, especially the Ibanez, since it has been in production longer. Either one of them would be a safe bet I think smile.gif

The guitar in the picture looks like a custom-made guitar, don't know which brand though, so I can't help you anymore there.

And btw, I personally think that the Schecter 7-string that you have looks pretty brootal smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Aug 12 2008, 09:24 PM
QUOTE (Toni Suominen @ Aug 12 2008, 09:40 AM) *
Yeah, 8-strings are really hard to find in store-shelves, maybe they just aren't as popular as 7-strings yet. But I've heard only good about those two 8-strings, especially the Ibanez, since it has been in production longer. Either one of them would be a safe bet I think smile.gif

The guitar in the picture looks like a custom-made guitar, don't know which brand though, so I can't help you anymore there.

And btw, I personally think that the Schecter 7-string that you have looks pretty brootal smile.gif

i really like my 7 string now biggrin.gif the only thing i want is a different body.. i really love the Ibanez Xiphos 7 string and i love the feel of ibanez 7 string necks.. i hope the 8 is exactly the same biggrin.gif

--------------------
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Aug 12 2008, 09:35 PM
Learning Tone Master
Most seven strings have those superstrat bodies... The Xyphos is great and there is also a 7 string dean razorback. Maybe take a look on the Jeff Loomis Signature by schecter. Same bodytype but a cool design and emg 707 humbuckers. The guitar on the pick looks like a halo guitar to me

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 12 2008, 09:48 PM
Instructor
wow, that's a lot of strings. I guess it's pretty cool to own one and play it. I wouldn't play it tho. It would be difficult to grasp chords. But for soem advanced jazz or metal it is awesome. smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
kjutte
Aug 12 2008, 09:56 PM
Got all I need in my 5 octaves.

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Aug 13 2008, 03:02 AM
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Aug 12 2008, 04:35 PM) *
Most seven strings have those superstrat bodies... The Xyphos is great and there is also a 7 string dean razorback. Maybe take a look on the Jeff Loomis Signature by schecter. Same bodytype but a cool design and emg 707 humbuckers. The guitar on the pick looks like a halo guitar to me

I like the Jeff Loomis Signature, its alot like the Damien 7 but i have a problem with buying someone elses signature guitar. I want my guitar to be mine and not the same as everyone else biggrin.gif and if im compareable to another guitarist ive failed myself lol including someone as godly as Jeff Loumise!

--------------------
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack

+Quote Post
Déjà vu
Aug 13 2008, 03:19 AM
I have always felt the same way. I would rather have an ESP M-11 than the Kirk Hammet signature model (example). I wonder who uses an 8-string. I wonder what they sound like...

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Aug 13 2008, 03:31 AM
QUOTE (Déjà vu @ Aug 12 2008, 10:19 PM) *
I have always felt the same way. I would rather have an ESP M-11 than the Kirk Hammet signature model (example). I wonder who uses an 8-string. I wonder what they sound like...

The band Messhuggah is the only band i know that for sure uses 8 string guitars and the sound can only really be called metal biggrin.gif I actually also think the guitarist from Fear Factory and Divine Heracy uses an 8 string now. Its almost as if no bassist is needed ( there is no bassist in Devine Heracy)

--------------------
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Aug 13 2008, 04:00 AM
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Aug 12 2008, 10:31 PM) *
The band Messhuggah is the only band i know that for sure uses 8 string guitars and the sound can only really be called metal biggrin.gif I actually also think the guitarist from Fear Factory and Divine Heracy uses an 8 string now. Its almost as if no bassist is needed ( there is no bassist in Devine Heracy)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JJ5ZXVqCzU

EDIT: Also Unearth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUQvv-5ThUA...feature=related

This post has been edited by Unleash-The-Shred: Aug 13 2008, 04:06 AM

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Aug 13 2008, 04:24 AM
Instructor
Check this site, they have some amazing guitars of 8 and 9 strings.

http://www.conklinguitars.com/index.html

biggrin.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Aug 13 2008, 05:01 AM
QUOTE (Ramiro Delforte @ Aug 12 2008, 11:24 PM) *
Check this site, they have some amazing guitars of 8 and 9 strings.

http://www.conklinguitars.com/index.html

biggrin.gif

the Ultim-8 is my new dream guitar biggrin.gif its super awsome! or the Carved Quilt 7 both very sexy thanks for the link!

--------------------
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 12:42 PM