DADGBE or EADGBE??? :P
psychoguitarist_...
Oct 18 2006, 05:03 PM
GMC:er
From: Bangalore, Karnataka, India, Asia (in case u don't know where India is)
which is ur favourite tuning??? I LOVE drop d tunin....... coz i can play the powerchords without havin to stretch at all!!! biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
R.I.P (RoCk In PeAcE) \m/

IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Liam
Oct 18 2006, 09:45 PM
i love them both , but i never play in drop d .

laugh.gif
My friends his band plays in drop d . fokking heavy sound with the mesa boogie

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
sanders4617
Oct 18 2006, 10:29 PM
I prefer normal tuning... I RARELY drop to D. There are only like 1 or 2 songs that I know in Drop D, and believe it or not.. Do not use powerchords.

--------------------

+Quote Post
bricktop
Oct 20 2006, 03:38 AM
I prefer standard tuning, there's only a few songs I know that are in drop d. I'd say I more often tune down 1/2 step or full step for most songs I sing and play.

There is one John Mayer song that I'm working on that's in drop C , it's called "neon" I almost got it finished!

John

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Fender
Acoustic Guitars:
Amplifiers: Fender Blues Junior NOS
Effects:

+Quote Post
sanders4617
Oct 20 2006, 03:46 AM
I love that song.. John Mayer is probably my favorite artist. =D Thats a tricky song though.. especially singing and playing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Red Tie
Oct 20 2006, 11:33 AM
never use powerchords?
What about it?

+Quote Post
bricktop
Oct 22 2006, 02:50 AM
hey sanders4617,

Yeah, I didn't realise how tough some of his stuff was. I was only gonna learn one song, "why georgia", and then I was impressed with his playing and different techniques. I'd say neon and stop this train use some different finger picking styles that I would never have come across before.

john

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Fender
Acoustic Guitars:
Amplifiers: Fender Blues Junior NOS
Effects:

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Oct 22 2006, 08:34 AM
Drop-D is cool for heavy metal powerchord riffing, but I tend not to use it because it messes with other chords to much. I have two guitars, and one of them I tune down a half step, and if I had another guitar I would tune it down 1 whole step tongue.gif .

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Suthern
Oct 28 2006, 05:22 AM
blink.gif Anyone play in Eb tuning? I'm sort of new to playing with different tunings, but I tried this and love it.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 28 2006, 09:11 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Suthern @ Oct 28 2006, 06:22 AM) *
blink.gif Anyone play in Eb tuning? I'm sort of new to playing with different tunings, but I tried this and love it.

Yes I do. smile.gif It gives a little heavier sound, and decreases string tension which makes crossing the string with the pick easier (speedpicking!).

I would downtune more often if I didn't have floating bridges.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Suthern
Oct 28 2006, 03:46 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Oct 28 2006, 04:11 AM) *
Yes I do. smile.gif It gives a little heavier sound, and decreases string tension which makes crossing the string with the pick easier (speedpicking!).

I would downtune more often if I didn't have floating bridges.

Thanks for the reply Kris, am I going to run into any trouble using Eb as I am learning?

+Quote Post
Arto
Oct 31 2006, 06:50 PM
Bah floating bridges, I have an Ibanez that was a floating bridge, but for the life of me I could never tune it. So i just cut a wood block and put it in the back of the guitar. No more wammy for me dry.gif .

+Quote Post
BollyRotten
Oct 31 2006, 08:01 PM
I use standard tuning. Have messed with drop D for a nickelback track and a nirvana song. But only to play along to them. It was ages ago so not looked at it since.

--------------------
I need more fingers!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:41 AM