3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
List Of Some Real Heavy Metal Bands.., the underrated ones
Slavenko Erazer
Jul 25 2012, 04:30 PM
GMC:er

Definitely one of the most underrated power metal acts ever.
Joey Tafolla Played on this on ,Check out the tappings and attack at 2:30

Refuge Denied is the debut album by the band Sanctuary, who disbanded in 1991 (partially reforming as Nevermore).

This was the only album to feature extremely high pitched, layered vocals from vocalist Warrel Dane. It has been speculated that Dane injured himself in the making of Refuge Denied, due to the change in vocal style in his subsequent work

It was produced by Megadeth vocalist and guitarist, Dave Mustaine. That's main reason why production sucks IMAO,

From their self-titled debut in 1986, Crimson Glory was a progressive metal band formed in 1982. With a keen eye for melodious guitar-lines and power metal-esque lyrics .Sadly, lead singer Midnight lost his life on July 8th, 2009 from Kidney and Liver failure, the bands future is unknown as of now.

The Best Power / Progressive metal band

carl albert R.I.P. one of the most increndible voices in heavy metal ......
From their Self Titled Release Vicious Rumours (1990) US METAL GODS ENJOY wink.gif

Heavens Gate was a power/heavy metal band from Wolfsburg, Germany
They were, together with German bands Helloween, Grave Digger, Running Wild, and Rage, the pioneers in German power metal, taking their influences mainly from Helloween as well as from Judas Priest

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 25 2012, 05:02 PM
Instructor
Great ones!! I've been a great fan of Fates Warning. My previous band's name was Damnation, inspired by this song:

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jul 25 2012, 05:09 PM
One of the best live bands in England in the late 70's/ early 80's:-

Another band I was really into in the 80's:-

I have to admit that back then I was more into the Glam side of things. Bands like the Dogs D'Amour, Hanoi Rocks, Tigertailz etc!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jul 25 2012, 05:25 PM
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jul 25 2012, 04:09 PM) *
One of the best live bands in England in the late 70's/ early 80's:-

Another band I was really into in the 80's:-

I have to admit that back then I was more into the Glam side of things. Bands like the Dogs D'Amour, Hanoi Rocks, Tigertailz etc!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Excellent Bands Mr Sensibile!! I'm a huge fan of NWOBHM scene ,I like Raven A lot , but i'm more in a power metal direction that emerged in the second half of 80's in USA and central Europe , u knowthe ones that use gallopin rhytms rolleyes.gif . I think english bands were heading more in classic hard rock / heavy playing style?
J. Hetfield is a big fan of Witchfinder General!

This post has been edited by Slavenko Erazer: Jul 25 2012, 05:26 PM

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jul 25 2012, 10:19 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I thought I might be the only fan of Crimson Glory on GMC!

My personal favourite song by them is 'Mayday'. Midnight hits highs that I thought were only possible for 12 year old boys and Dani Filth.

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jul 25 2012, 10:25 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
This is not heavy metal but surely very underrated..
-Circus Maximus-

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jul 25 2012, 10:41 PM
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Jul 25 2012, 09:19 PM) *

My personal favourite song by them is 'Mayday'. Midnight hits highs that I thought were only possible for 12 year old boys and Dani Filth.

Ofcourse you're not the only CF gan! How many their records do you have? smile.gif
Ooh, can't describe that feeling i get while listening to Crimsons...
They're now with some singer that can hit high notes easily ...must see them somewehere

This post has been edited by Slavenko Erazer: Jul 25 2012, 10:42 PM

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jul 25 2012, 11:06 PM
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Jul 25 2012, 09:41 PM) *
Ofcourse you're not the only CF gan! How many their records do you have? smile.gif
Ooh, can't describe that feeling i get while listening to Crimsons...
They're now with some singer that can hit high notes easily ...must see them somewehere

I have all four.

Crimson Glory, Transcendence, Strange and Beautiful, and Astronomica.

I never got my hands on the War of the Worlds EP, though.

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fires!

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 25 2012, 11:10 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jul 25 2012, 05:09 PM) *
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

LOL! how embarrassing........... me too btw biggrin.gif I recently managed to find a CD version of a Soho Roses EP I had on pink vinyl, I was sooo chuffed rolleyes.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jul 26 2012, 12:25 AM
QUOTE (bleez @ Jul 25 2012, 11:10 PM) *
LOL! how embarrassing........... me too btw biggrin.gif I recently managed to find a CD version of a Soho Roses EP I had on pink vinyl, I was sooo chuffed rolleyes.gif

<----- Jealous!!

Not so embarrassing when you look at the number of girls that attended Glam gigs in those days!! wink.gif

I only need 2 Japanese imports to have an absolutely complete collection of the Dogs! One of my bands supported Tyla on an English tour, we came on and played our own material as support and then came on as the Dogs with Tyla and did a whole set of Dogs stuff!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Sensible Jones: Jul 26 2012, 12:26 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jul 26 2012, 01:01 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jul 26 2012, 12:25 AM) *
<----- Jealous!!

Not so embarrassing when you look at the number of girls that attended Glam gigs in those days!! wink.gif

I only need 2 Japanese imports to have an absolutely complete collection of the Dogs! One of my bands supported Tyla on an English tour, we came on and played our own material as support and then came on as the Dogs with Tyla and did a whole set of Dogs stuff!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I saw Warrant opening up for Poison for the girls--Wonderful
I would see how may different girls I could Dance and makeout with when I would make a pit stop
rolleyes.gif
those were the days
of course these days if tried that you might end up kissing a dude ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jul 26 2012, 04:09 AM
here's one of the must respected metal band from here

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 26 2012, 09:05 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jul 26 2012, 12:25 AM) *
<----- Jealous!!

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

wow supporting tyla is very cool indeed! I remember hearing 'the kid from kensington' for the first time.... totally blew me away. the Dogs were really good, their first album especially was just amazing.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jul 26 2012, 09:45 AM
This topic has gone in diferent direction from one that i was thinking about at start!!!
Obviosly on every step there are less keen admirers of cult power metal bands then those Glam ones ph34r.gif

QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Jul 25 2012, 10:06 PM) *
I have all four.

Crimson Glory, Transcendence, Strange and Beautiful, and Astronomica.

I never got my hands on the War of the Worlds EP, though.

U're better then me, i have just first 3 LP's , because i'm a Midnight admirer wink.gif I must say that new Cg singer also hits high notes easily..
Do u like any of other stuff i've posted above?Have you heard Sanctuary - Warrel Dane was also fantastic, best singer in metal today..

This post has been edited by Slavenko Erazer: Jul 26 2012, 09:42 AM

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jul 26 2012, 10:19 AM
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Jul 26 2012, 08:45 AM) *
This topic has gone in diferent direction from one that i was thinking about at start!!!
Obviosly on every step there are less keen admirers of cult power metal bands then those Glam ones ph34r.gif

U're better then me, i have just first 3 LP's , because i'm a Midnight admirer wink.gif I must say that new Cg singer also hits high notes easily..
Do u like any of other stuff i've posted above?Have you heard Sanctuary - Warrel Dane was also fantastic, best singer in metal today..

I prefer Midnight as well. The new singer is alright, but the instrumentation changed when he came in. It isn't the same.

Yeah. I love Sanctuary/Nevermore with a passion! "Dreaming Neon Black" is my favourite album by them!

Do you know what the lineup for the new Sanctuary album is going to be? I haven't heard much about it.

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jul 26 2012, 10:22 AM
QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Jul 25 2012, 05:25 PM) *
Excellent Bands Mr Sensibile!!

Thanks mate! Glad you liked them.

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jul 26 2012, 01:01 AM) *
I saw Warrant opening up for Poison for the girls--Wonderful
I would see how may different girls I could Dance and makeout with when I would make a pit stop
rolleyes.gif
those were the days
of course these days if tried that you might end up kissing a dude ohmy.gif

Aaah, those were the days indeed!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (bleez @ Jul 26 2012, 09:05 AM) *
wow supporting tyla is very cool indeed! I remember hearing 'the kid from kensington' for the first time.... totally blew me away. the Dogs were really good, their first album especially was just amazing.

It was good fun, for sure!! I first heard of them on a compilation LP called 'Trash on Demand'. Didn't hear anything of them for a while then heard @How come it never rains' and was hooked!! Later we ended up getting to know them fairly well in a particular Pub in Hampton. They used to turn up on a Sunday afternoon and just do an Acoustic set and try out new material etc.
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Slavenko Erazer @ Jul 26 2012, 09:45 AM) *

Sorry about that, my fault!!
rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 26 2012, 12:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Jul 25 2012, 10:19 PM) *

That was insane !! Highest note sounded to be around Ab or A. The highest note I've ever heard Rob Halford sing is at the beginning of a song called Savage, I reckon that's about an A too.. from memory... not sure smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jul 26 2012, 12:48 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 26 2012, 11:13 AM) *
That was insane !! Highest note sounded to be around Ab or A. The highest note I've ever heard Rob Halford sing is at the beginning of a song called Savage, I reckon that's about an A too.. from memory... not sure smile.gif

The legendary Halford hitting his high notes. smile.gif

--------------------

Heal her now...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Jul 26 2012, 12:53 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 26 2012, 11:13 AM) *

That's maybe most underrated Priest album along with Sad WIngs of Destiny.
It's very strange and unique method of combining blues/rock with speed metal , what they did on it dry.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 26 2012, 04:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Jul 26 2012, 12:48 PM) *
The legendary Halford hitting his high notes. smile.gif

God bless his leather chaps ! cool.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 03:33 PM