Megadeth Resorts To "crowd Funding"?
Todd Simpson
May 30 2015, 04:57 AM
GMC:er
I didn't realize this until just now but the next MEGADETH record will be crowd funded. I don't know how their relationship with their last record label ended, but it looks like they are officially winging it. Not to say there is anything wrong with that and I applaud their indie approach. I was taken aback though as Dave has been a "label band guy" for, well, forever. I wonder if this was their idea or just matter of necessity given how bad the last album was received and how poorly it sold. To be fair it was a bit crap. smile.gif

Anyhoo, they have roped in the guitarist from brazillian band ANGRA to be the hired gun and of course roped in the drummer from LAMB OF GOD for the drum hired gun, and they are recording now. As to how the album will turn out, who can say. As to what the touring band will be, again, anyones guess.

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/megadeth

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
May 30 2015, 11:16 PM
If this album flunks like the previous, I suspect it will be the last album smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 31 2015, 01:15 AM
Megadeth is sorta like Slayer at this point in that they will probably continue on forever mostly as a cover band. Covering their previous albums that were actually good smile.gif There is enough demand for them live, even on festival tours, that they will need some excuse of an album to tour behind. I suspect they may cop out next time and start doing covers of other bands material like Def Leopard did recently. Sadly.

QUOTE (Mertay @ May 30 2015, 06:16 PM) *
If this album flunks like the previous, I suspect it will be the last album smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mertay
May 31 2015, 09:35 AM
If they would have have been like this in the 90's no one would remember them today smile.gif They should be thankful mainstream genre died after around 2003 an young boys/girls had no chance but listen to the stuff we liked when kids smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 31 2015, 07:10 PM
GMC Founder
It's funny though - because I have a feeling Mustaine still can deliver when under pressure, or when circumstances are righ. The album "The system has failed" had really good songs and fantastic guitar work (by Chris Poland I think). I can't say the same about the album(s) before and after, unfortunately.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 1 2015, 05:41 AM
I'm still a big fan smile.gif Even after all the dumb things he has said in interviews and all the craaaaaap albums he's been putting out As a fan, hope springs eternal that the "next record" will be a return to form smile.gif Coudn't be much worse than SUPER COLLIDER for sure.

I keep hoping he will get Chris poland back in the band as some point and let a bit of Death Jazz happen. I know Dave is sorta losing his voice and has been for years but he can still play. Here's to hope wink.gif

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ May 31 2015, 02:10 PM) *
It's funny though - because I have a feeling Mustaine still can deliver when under pressure, or when circumstances are righ. The album "The system has failed" had really good songs and fantastic guitar work (by Chris Poland I think). I can't say the same about the album(s) before and after, unfortunately.

There's that!! smile.gif They had a really good streak from KILLING IS MY BUSINESS all the way through HANGAR 18 and some spurts thereafter. Hoping for something spiff on this next one wink.gif He's got good folks on board helping. I get the vibe he didn't like the fact that the last hired gun player was a 7 string guy who was a pinch better in spots smile.gif

QUOTE (Mertay @ May 31 2015, 04:35 AM) *
If they would have have been like this in the 90's no one would remember them today smile.gif They should be thankful mainstream genre died after around 2003 an young boys/girls had no chance but listen to the stuff we liked when kids smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:32 PM