Key Of Song Wicked Game
zoom
Oct 22 2011, 12:21 PM
Learning Roadie

Hi Guys I was playing my acoustic and I came up with some chords which sounded like Chris Isaak's song 'Wicked Game'.
So I though what key is this song in so I could play over it. Chords I played where Bm - F#m - E
What I have arrived at is B Dorian. Is this correct? The parent key is A.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 22 2011, 12:33 PM
Instructor
Yup - it's a typical Dorian progression smile.gif check out my Smooth Collab - it features the same type of Dorian progression Dm7 Em7 FM7 smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 22 2011, 03:39 PM
Instructor
Isn't this song Bm-A-E-E (A major)?

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Oct 22 2011, 05:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Oct 22 2011, 04:39 PM) *
Isn't this song Bm-A-E-E (A major)?

yeah, I agree, E major is definitely the dominant chord or a V, therefore, the key is A. Bm would be a ii

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 23 2011, 02:19 AM
Instructor
Great song!! Ivan is right regarding the chord progression...

I love this cover..

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 23 2011, 07:11 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 23 2011, 01:19 AM) *
Great song!! Ivan is right regarding the chord progression...

I love this cover..

Oh yeah! biggrin.gif I used to listen to these guys a lot when they got out their Razorblade Romance album - was it 2000 or 1999? Pfff, a lot of time has passed..

+Quote Post
zoom
Oct 24 2011, 01:05 PM
Learning Roadie
Ok. My mistake it is Bm A E E but it dosn't resolve to A so that's why I'm asking. When I first stumbled on this I was playing B5 F#5 and E and I didn't know what key I was in so I came to A being the Parent key but because it dosn't resovle there I was thinking B Dorian. I guess I'm trying to get my head around modes. Is there any other songs you could post showing Dorian. Cheers guys.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:29 AM