Amp Question
Ryan
Sep 3 2007, 09:02 AM
GMC:er
Is it possible to blow you amp, by turnign it up to loud, using no effects or nothing, just turnign it up to loud.

Cus im scared to turn my amp up not even a 1/4 of the way, cus it gets REALLY REALLY LOUD!! And im afraid im gonna blow it sometimes!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Sep 3 2007, 09:05 AM
QUOTE (Ryan @ Sep 3 2007, 04:02 AM) *
Is it possible to blow you amp, by turnign it up to loud, using no effects or nothing, just turnign it up to loud.

Cus im scared to turn my amp up not even a 1/4 of the way, cus it gets REALLY REALLY LOUD!! And im afraid im gonna blow it sometimes!!

Yep
I have blown a Fender Ultimate Chorus (just the head not speakers) and a Crate amp head by playing to loud.Funny thingis i have never blown the speaker's but i have destroyed those to amps. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Ryan
Sep 3 2007, 09:07 AM
im talking about blowing the speaker,s i just turned it up like a lil past a 1/4 way just now. AND OMG I THINK MY EARS ARE BLEEDING.

--------------------

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Sep 3 2007, 09:09 AM
Well many amps dont really go much louder after you turn the volume half way it just puts more stress on them.I would just try to not go further than half way on volume and you should be fine. smile.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Ryan
Sep 3 2007, 09:09 AM
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Sep 3 2007, 03:09 AM) *
Well many amps dont really go much louder after you turn the volume half way it just puts more stress on them.I would just try to not go further than half way on volume and you should be fine. smile.gif

Alright cool!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Sep 3 2007, 08:30 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
It's possible to implode a speaker cone at high volume but a good guitar speaker should be robust enough for this not to happen - particularly if its the correct rating for the amp you use. I'd have thought that a guitar speaker is more in danger of the cone getting accidental damage from kicks, knocks, being dropped, rattling loose if not fitted properly. Last damaged (hifi) speaker cone I saw was due to my then 3 year old daughter sticking a pencil through the cone dry.gif . My fault as I tend to run hifi speakers with the grills/covers off as most spoil the fidelity.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:44 PM