A Little Intro Idea, or something..lol
skennington
Apr 16 2010, 01:21 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Like the title says I had a little clean intro idea come to me tonight while I was practicing. Mind the reverb as I was using my headphones and didn't notice it as much..Recorded just to a click set at 120 bpm. should I expand it or trash it.. laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  intro_idea.mp3 ( 2.37MB ) Number of downloads: 232

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JamesT
Apr 16 2010, 03:43 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
I think it's pretty good. The solo and lead guitar tone kind of reminds me of an early Scorpions song. I think it was called "Holiday". Awesome song. In it, they used a couple of acoustic electric sounding tones for the rhythm. Try doing some picked arpeggiated open chords pan two rhythm guitars far right and left both doing almost the same thing or with some slight variations. Put some verb and chorus on them, and then they will sing for sure and give some space in the center. Then your lead canreally fill the center stage.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Apr 17 2010, 10:21 PM
Jazz Instructor
I like it! smile.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
Apr 18 2010, 11:35 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Thanks guys, I'll try and expand it a bit more into something then. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Apr 19 2010, 07:33 AM
GMC:er
Try to finish it!. It's very very nice

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 19 2010, 02:00 PM
Instructor
NEVER trash an idea, no matter if you like it or not at that moment. All can be used and "repaired" at some other point in time wink.gif

I think it sounds great, and can be used. Perhaps you can make a main theme out of that lead guitar, instead of longer impro. pure and simple lick to begin your song with is lot more effective and memorable.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
Apr 19 2010, 02:08 PM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
I think you should work on it, too. First of all, try to change the effects on it without the headphones. It will sound much better and you overall expirience will drastically change. After this is done, it's up to you to expand it, to add changes to it, or to keep it as it is...

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:27 AM