> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Jamest --steve Vai Rhythm, Whitesnake Era, Lesson by Jonathan Burgos
Steve Vai Rhythm, Whitesnake Era
Rate this take:
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

JamesT
Jan 1 2011, 06:32 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Steve Vai Rhythm, Whitesnake Era
Link to the original lesson: here

Gear: PRS Custom 24, POD HD500, Sonar, Sony Vegas
Notes: Lots of good stuff in this lesson. For me, I had to work pretty hard to get the left hand muting down especially on the intro and outro. And then there is that legato lick transition that's used to mark the changes. It was tricky. ...basically 16th notes at 170. I got them pretty good but not perfect for sure. As it turns out, the part I least like about my take here is the break or slow part near the end. It would have helped if I could have reached the pickup selector switch in time to switch to the neck pickup here. The rotary switch on the PRS has some drawbacks. All in all, I'm pretty happy with this take. This lesson helped me advance my right hand techinique a ton. I think I will look for others like it to help me push the envelope a bit on right hand. Thanks Jonathan!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Jan 11 2011, 06:33 PM

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jonathan Burgos
Jan 2 2011, 03:29 PM
GMC:er
James, I'm proud. You did an amazing job, almost perfect. There are a couple of rhythmic detail, I would say 95% is perfect. Thank you very much, it is a pleasure for me to see this work.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my LESSONS
Check my music at MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Jan 2 2011, 07:06 PM
Instructor
Yes, almost perfect. Great job and effort James smile.gif

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 8 2011, 10:12 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Awesome take and I'm glad you're pushing the envelopes. Try to get those legato licks cleaner and overall timing a bit more precise and it will be perfect.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 8 2011, 05:03 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Well played as always Jim..9!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:10 PM