2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Why Are You Here?
bleez
May 27 2014, 12:46 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 27 2014, 08:19 AM) *
Hehe! You are one of the guys here that is on his way to shaping a personality - you already have a particular sound that I can recognize, so that's amazing! Keep it up, dude!

thanks boss cool.gif the last couple of years Ive been here have been amazing. Not just learning how and what to play but how to deal with the frustration that in the past has lead to losing motivation and getting disheartened.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
May 27 2014, 03:14 PM
Learning Tone Master
Darek is "guilty" for my coming here biggrin.gif

His playing and his style of composition fascinated me with a long time ago. With his every new participation in guitar contests my admiration for his musicality grew much larger. I wished daily (and I still do that) to achieve someday a level and to play at list 20% like him. I'm not refer to copy a person but I want to apply things in his way and keep my style wink.gif
When I participate at Hufschmid contest I posted my vid in a FB grup. He commented over my track and he told me: "I'm very glad You choose that way of playing. When You get some more crazy skills I believe You will still keep the melody as a priority and build some really cool solos over it. You can be a cool musician not only a guitar player smile.gif". His opinion was greater than any prize smile.gif I start to believe that if I keep this way maybe I can do something good someday. His words was the thing that helped me to go over a period hard when me and my first guitar teacher hade some divergents about why I don't understand that shredding and fusion it's a future not what I want to play (but this is other story).
I go on my way but then I never thought that Darek will be my instructor and we will work together. This was something for “Wonderland”, it can’t be reality. How many people have the chance to work with the guy which is number 2 on his “the best guitarist and awesome musician” list (the first is Andy Timmons tongue.gif )? I’m grateful every day for this chance and I try to show that I have something musical to say and of course to not give headaches to Darek tongue.gif
In one day I found that he is a new instructor in GMC. For a while I was present only at his Vchat (as guest) and I not looked too much in site. I didn't know about mentoring programs.
In July 2013 Darek told me about GMC and Mentholwhore collab. It was a week full of conversations biggrin.gif When I listened the backing track from collab, I said "no, I can’t play metal" but after he explain me how to think when I compose, everything was much easy. I don't know how but in one week he convinced me to join in collab and GMC biggrin.gif So, I made my account and now I'm very happy that he brings me here smile.gif

I never thought that I will meet here so many awesome people and so great materials for practice. I really love this site and I feel like in a family. Also one of my goal is to show that if you want to learn something you can do this with an online mentoring program wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Monica Gheorghevici: May 27 2014, 03:35 PM

+Quote Post
Mith
May 27 2014, 04:04 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I only recently joined but I'm hear because it seemed like the best place to really apply theory. So many other sites are "Here are a whole pile of scale patterns, practice them until you fall into a coma" I found my biggest problem wasn't learning the patterns and the theory it was applying it in a way I liked. Found this site and I was like a kid in a candy store.

And now that I've been around the forums and everything for a week or so I can see how much everyone wants to help out and share knowledge. The whole prospect of taking my skill level up has never been more exciting.

--------------------
I don't suffer from insanity, I love every minute of it

+Quote Post
gregc1
May 27 2014, 04:14 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I came over here after browsing through Youtube and running across Marcus Lavendell's Evening Blues. Once I came to the site I really starting looking around and was blown away by all of the resources available, it was almost overwhelming. It had been 15+ years since I did any "lessons" so I decided to try it for a while to see what I thought.

Very soon after I joined the site I joined Ben's Guitar Bushido program and worked on that for about a year. That really got me to sit down and focus on specific tasks each week and I started seeing lots of doors open that I hadn't considered before and it also brought specific skills to my attention that I was completely lacking. It also showed me that I was closer than I thought to gaining other skills so that also sparked my motivation.

Since the Bushido course ended I have been casually working through various lessons trying to get them to REC quality and also taking part in as many collabs as possible.

That's pretty much my GMC journey in a nutshell. cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 28 2014, 08:33 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mith @ May 27 2014, 03:04 PM) *
I only recently joined but I'm hear because it seemed like the best place to really apply theory. So many other sites are "Here are a whole pile of scale patterns, practice them until you fall into a coma" I found my biggest problem wasn't learning the patterns and the theory it was applying it in a way I liked. Found this site and I was like a kid in a candy store.

And now that I've been around the forums and everything for a week or so I can see how much everyone wants to help out and share knowledge. The whole prospect of taking my skill level up has never been more exciting.

Bingo!

Well spotted wink.gif Glad to see that people are starting to see the importance behind properly understanding and learning theory!

It is not so important to practice scale patterns and learn them like a parrot, rather than understanding the relationship between notes and chords - harmony and melody - and how to express them with the aid of understanding rhythm.

Welcome!

QUOTE (gregc1 @ May 27 2014, 03:14 PM) *
I came over here after browsing through Youtube and running across Marcus Lavendell's Evening Blues. Once I came to the site I really starting looking around and was blown away by all of the resources available, it was almost overwhelming. It had been 15+ years since I did any "lessons" so I decided to try it for a while to see what I thought.

Very soon after I joined the site I joined Ben's Guitar Bushido program and worked on that for about a year. That really got me to sit down and focus on specific tasks each week and I started seeing lots of doors open that I hadn't considered before and it also brought specific skills to my attention that I was completely lacking. It also showed me that I was closer than I thought to gaining other skills so that also sparked my motivation.

Since the Bushido course ended I have been casually working through various lessons trying to get them to REC quality and also taking part in as many collabs as possible.

That's pretty much my GMC journey in a nutshell. cool.gif

You are a fine example of hard work and talent put together! Your collab takes have always been top notch man! I am glad to have you around in the family!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:16 AM