Quest For Gold Bass Knobs, Ibanez SR755
thefireball
May 28 2014, 02:57 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello community. smile.gif I need a bit of help.

I have been researching online about what I need for replacement of control knobs on my bass pictured here. You will notice the black plastic knobs against the otherwise gold hardware. I would really like to get some nice matching knobs, but I'm not sure what to get. For example, I read you need to know the pot style. Is that the size of the thing that you fit knob onto? How do I know? I'm not really sure what I'm looking for as I am new to this. Ibanez's website doesn't seem to provide that information (or at least doesn't make it very easy). I can't even find out what year my bass is.

I think I found some websites that might have it, but how do I know that's the right size? And I do need to find 2 big knobs and 3 smaller ones. Hmm... I just thought, would I be able to find a gold switch too? A Guitar Center rep was supposed to get back with me and he never did. That's not the first time that has happened. dry.gif

Do you think I can find some matching hardware that wouldn't be a slightly different color than the bridge and tuners? I guess, if was it wouldn't be too bad, perhaps nice. Also, a side question: has anybody ever bought an instrument and noticed grimy or tarnished looking tuners? I think the bridge was kinda like that too, but when I took some alcohol and a rag to it the discoloration mess went away. huh.gif I could have sworn that bass wasn't used.

Any help you can provide on finding gold knobs, and perhaps a gold switch, would be appreciated.

Thanks smile.gif
Brandon

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Socky42
May 28 2014, 03:34 PM
GMC:er
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Knobs.html

Not sure about gold switches, but site seems to be the go-to place for random guitar parts.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 28 2014, 10:54 PM
Instructor
mmm I don't think that I can help you but maybe Bogdan will appear here soon. cool.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
thefireball
May 31 2014, 02:47 PM
Learning Roadie
Does anybody know the size of the pots?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 08:04 AM