The Saddest Song Ever
Gabriel Leopardi
May 31 2014, 05:17 PM
Instructor
Ever listened to a song that made you sad? Maybe there was a song that made you cry? Sometimes we can perceive songs which are not really "sad" on their own - to have that effect on us.

I have no idea about what is happening on the lyrics of this song, but its sound, melodies and the video bring tears in my eyes...

Radiohead has lots of songs that make me feel sad, but good at the same time... there is something special on them:

List the songs you find the "saddest" and write why do you find them sad.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 17)
bleez
May 31 2014, 05:37 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Great gig in the sky - pink floyd.

at the start of the year we went to see the aussie pink floyd. This song was totally amazing to hear live, it really sucked you in. At the end of the song I turned round to my missus and she was actually crying. I was really impressed because I wouldnt say she is a massive music fan. Its just a powerful song, I think. It maybe projects a feeling of loss which when you hear it live it's like it gets multiplied by 100.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by bleez: May 31 2014, 05:39 PM

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Becca
May 31 2014, 06:45 PM
GMC:er
Blood on the rooftops. Always gets me. I have no idea why, it just does.
Steve Hackett was always one of my fave players too.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rileyandrew29
May 31 2014, 07:29 PM
Learning Roadie
This is THE saddest song I've ever heard, my wife's sister died when she was 19 years old. She was a wonderful woman!!
The lyric's are very apt.

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
May 31 2014, 07:36 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
For me, it's a german song by the german band Die Ärzet, called Nichts in der Welt (nothing in the world). A song about the time after a break-up.

On another note, I lately heard a slow and sad version of this Chris Isaak song. Which original version has sad lyrics, but really makes you dance. The other, slow cover version fit so well in the situation where it was played, it really made me quite sad in that moment.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
DeGroot
May 31 2014, 07:52 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
This is such a personal song by Warrel Dane and he puts so much emotion into his performance. I relate to this song in some ways and it always stikes a chord with me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 31 2014, 09:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ May 31 2014, 03:36 PM) *
For me, it's a german song by the german band Die Ärzet, called Nichts in der Welt (nothing in the world). A song about the time after a break-up.

I love how alt punk rock sounds with German Lyrics... these band sounds more pop but reminds me to the great Die Toten Hosen. Are there more bands like them at Germany?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
May 31 2014, 09:26 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Die Ärzte are THE big rock band in Germany next to Die Toten Hosen.
They have a wider variety of styles than Die Toten Hosen though. And we have lots of great punk/rock/poppunk bands in Germany smile.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
May 31 2014, 09:34 PM
Learning Tone Master
I will mention 1 song that make me feel very sad and bring tears in my eyes no matter if I listen or I play it at my piano.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 31 2014, 09:44 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ May 31 2014, 05:26 PM) *
Die Ärzte are THE big rock band in Germany next to Die Toten Hosen.
They have a wider variety of styles than Die Toten Hosen though. And we have lots of great punk/rock/poppunk bands in Germany smile.gif

Cool! I want the list! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
TeoWulf
May 31 2014, 09:49 PM
this. Guthrie Govan's solo makes me weep every time. Also the video is phenomenal.

This post has been edited by TeoWulf: May 31 2014, 09:49 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 3 2014, 03:38 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (TeoWulf @ May 31 2014, 05:49 PM) *
this. Guthrie Govan's solo makes me weep every time. Also the video is phenomenal.

So beautiful. It gives me chills.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
wrk
Jun 3 2014, 07:57 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I bought this album more then 20 years ago and this song still has the same effect on me as when i heard it the first time smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 5 2014, 03:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (wrk @ Jun 3 2014, 03:57 AM) *
I bought this album more then 20 years ago and this song still has the same effect on me as when i heard it the first time smile.gif

This is a talented guitarist and producer! I like his music and how he manage guitar effects.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
wollace03
Jun 5 2014, 07:46 PM
I know the song is in german.... it deals with living after your partner died....

this song really kills me...

+Quote Post
mad
Jun 5 2014, 08:05 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
That's the one for me atm..

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 6 2014, 12:03 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I find this song very sad and I get a weird nostalgic feeling when listening to it :

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 6 2014, 05:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jun 5 2014, 08:03 PM) *
I find this song very sad and I get a weird nostalgic feeling when listening to it :

This song is so beautiful. The Beatles has many songs that give me this feeling...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:39 AM