The Music Of The Trees
Kalidia
Jun 11 2012, 09:24 PM
Learning Roadie
A guy has mounted a slice of a tree on a record player and with the help of the camera of a playstation was able to read the color and the texture of each ring of this slice. The signal was then sent to a software that associate the roughness and the color of the tree to musical notes. The result is pretty amazing biggrin.gif :

http://vimeo.com/30501143

As you probably know each ring correspond to a year of the tree so it's like the tree is telling us his life throught music. Pretty inspiring what do you think?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fkalich
Jun 11 2012, 09:43 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Kalidia @ Jun 11 2012, 03:24 PM) *
A guy has mounted a slice of a tree on a record player and with the help of the camera of a playstation was able to read the color and the texture of each ring of this slice. The signal was then sent to a software that associate the roughness and the color of the tree to musical notes. The result is pretty amazing biggrin.gif :

http://vimeo.com/30501143

As you probably know each ring correspond to a year of the tree so it's like the tree is telling us his life throught music. Pretty inspiring what do you think?

Neat, however I think the tree was "ring synching" in this video.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Jun 11 2012, 09:46 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Considering the fact that I am a record collector, audiophile, musician, and hippie, this pleases me. Thank you for sharing! The music was beautiful.

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 12 2012, 08:21 AM
Instructor
WOw! Great idea - though, let's not hurt the trees, ok? smile.gif

I posted this on my FB page too smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:38 PM