3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Gmc Annual Event, an idea....
Nick Kellie
Mar 25 2008, 01:03 PM
Instructor
Hi guys,

I was just imagining how great this could be. How about organizing an annual GMC event... it could be held at a central european location with good connections for flights etc and there would be gigs from the teachers and master-classes etc...
It could be held over a weekend ... I think this is a great idea and even if its not viable to run now, maybe in the future it would be something to aim for ? It would give the members a sense of belonging and maybe open it up for non members as a kind of promotional angle for the site. It could be advertised in guitar magazines etc.

just an idea...
nick

also maybe you could invite various guitar related companies to sponsor it and have their guitar equipment on show

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Nick Kellie: Mar 25 2008, 01:05 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 25 2008, 01:20 PM
Instructor
When GMC becomes a global music community, and it sure will imo, I'll be glad to come to such (formal) Event! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Milenkovic Ivan: Mar 25 2008, 01:23 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Mar 25 2008, 02:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nick Kellie @ Mar 25 2008, 01:03 PM) *
also maybe you could invite various guitar related companies to sponsor it and have their guitar equipment on show

I think this is the most important point here. If we have some sponsors this project will works !!! So I wish this idea will be posible !!!!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 25 2008, 02:59 PM
Instructor
We allready discussed something similar, but in order to really organize it properly Kris must do it at his hometown. I think it would be the best solution since he has best connections there. Of course I'm not talking about now, but in the future - I say why not? The site has already grown pretty much since the beginning, who says that it doesn't come out as a big Global Music Community one day. I'm looking forward to that! biggrin.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 25 2008, 03:32 PM
Instructor
Sounds awesome. smile.gif

Not easy to organize but I'm sure it'll happen one day. wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Mar 25 2008, 03:54 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Yes, this has been a dream of ours for a while, but I think you brought a new twist with the Sponsorship idea - that could really help make it work by ensuring that instructors are helped with travel costs etc.

I for one would love to meet all of you guys and our awesome students in person!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Mar 25 2008, 04:30 PM
Instructor
That would be amazing. I really want to meet you guys in person! :-)

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Mar 25 2008, 04:33 PM
Instructor
I think such an event would also be very beneficial for GMC. Many new possible students .
I know that if I were thinking about joining a guitar instruction website, I would go for the one that organizes things that big. It gives the website a lot more credibility.

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Mar 25 2008, 04:44 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (Wallimann @ Mar 25 2008, 04:33 PM) *
I know that if I were thinking about joining a guitar instruction website, I would go for the one that organizes things that big. It gives the website a lot more credibility.

Very true David - provided it was done well, and I'm sure GMC would do it very very well smile.gif. A bit like the Carlsberg drinks ads on European TV - GMC, probably the best guitar site in the world does probably the best members' event biggrin.gif .

I think also it could generate an awful lot of positive media attention for GMC worldwide.

Has anyone got experience in hosting and/or promoting similar events out of curiosity, since as Muris says maybe not easy to pull together and lots of things probably to consider? Closest I come are training courses and academic conferences.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Mar 25 2008, 09:04 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
That's an awesome idea, for sure not easy to be organized, but we could plan everything carefully and it doesn't have to happen next week, we could take all the time that we need to make it happen. Concerning possible sponsors, if we have something more concrete (date, place ect.) I could talk to Gibson, I am sure I could arrange something with them.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
Mar 25 2008, 09:07 PM
Instructor
Amazing Idea! Count me in biggrin.gif

--------------------
________________________________________________________________________________

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 25 2008, 09:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Mar 25 2008, 09:04 PM) *
Concerning possible sponsors, if we have something more concrete (date, place ect.) I could talk to Gibson, I am sure I could arrange something with them.

That'd be a hit Marcus!!!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Mar 25 2008, 09:28 PM
Instructor
Mmm... Maybe we can search for a stand on the Musikmesse Frankfurt.

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 25 2008, 10:08 PM
Instructor
This would be awesome! Count me! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Mar 25 2008, 10:16 PM
Instructor
Sounds like an awesome idea to me biggrin.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Mar 25 2008, 10:23 PM
Instructor
nice idea .hope some day we can organized .nothing so far ...

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 25 2008, 10:32 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
This is awesome idea and we discussed it earlier..It would be great to have it realized one day wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
Mar 26 2008, 11:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Muris @ Mar 25 2008, 11:32 AM) *
Sounds awesome. smile.gif

Not easy to organize but I'm sure it'll happen one day. wink.gif

+1 wink.gif It is a nice idea!!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Mar 27 2008, 01:00 AM
Instructor
The idea is great, hopefully would be able to organize it sometimes smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 27 2008, 09:04 AM
GMC Founder
Yes this would be absolutely awesome...! smile.gif This shouldn't be impossible.

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:57 AM