Mad Fish's Bootcamp, Mad Bad and Dangerous to Know!
Todd Simpson
Aug 25 2012, 08:48 AM
GMC:er
Welcome to SHRED BOOTCAMP! I'll be your Drill Instructor! And I do mean DRILL! As in a large power tool used in slasher films and Paul Gilbert concerts. Here is were you EARN THE LIVING DEATH out of your fingers and break through any speed bumps/barriers to become a MASTER CHIEF of Shred!

MISSON #1

THE MISSION

1.)Your mission is to go all the way back to the very start. The base of the mountain.

LESSON 1. http://bitly.com/gmclesson1

Which you will play SLOWWWWWWLLY, very SLOWWWLLLLYYYY until you master it at a crawl (As You'll Do With Each Mission, and focus on left hand FORM! Make it SUPER PERFECT!). Speed it up bit by bit until you feel your ready to take it to WAR (Any speed, it's up to you) Shoot a video and post it as a reply to this post. I'll then offer a constructive and brutally honest critique.

THE AFTERMATH

Upon nailing the crap out of lesson one at a speed you didn't think possible, and playing it a clean as a freshly waxed floor, you will be given your first insignia of Rank in BOOTCAMP!

Here is your link your personal training ground/HELL!

http://bitly.com/madfishsbootcamp

Practice!
Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 25 2012, 08:50 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Madfish
Sep 3 2012, 08:10 PM
Learning Rock Star
Sergeant, I need help. Got stuck at the speed of 130. It's a barrier I can't breach. I can maintain the rhythm for some time, but then I start to feel tension in my right hand. Could you please take a look if I'm doing everything ok?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 4 2012, 05:29 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Madfish @ Sep 3 2012, 03:10 PM) *
Sergeant, I need help. Got stuck at the speed of 130. It's a barrier I can't breach. I can maintain the rhythm for some time, but then I start to feel tension in my right hand. Could you please take a look if I'm doing everything ok?

You're doing well soldier! Here are some combat tips! Also, I've heard the reasons against all of these already so assume that we've had that conversation soldier.

1.)Sit in Classical Position (Just try it for a few weeks, it'll probably help more than you'll know)

2.)Add some gain/distortion ( Just enough to I can hear that your muting well)

3.)Use a 1.5mm pick and sharpen it. (carpet rubbing is fine too)

I'm suprised that your not already doing any of this stuff as I mention it non-stop sad.gif . But you woudn't be the first, or last. But for playing side saddle, with not enough gain, your doing just fine smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:30 PM