Baby Came With Guitar Gear!
Gary
Nov 30 2010, 06:21 AM
GMC:er
A few months back my wife and I welcomed our baby girl. Along with the excitement of having a daughter, I was stoked when I saw what she came with.

Immediately after birth a nurse fitted our daughter with an anti-theft device, basically a small electronic box affixed to the infant’s ankle. If you approach a hospital elevator or stairwell with an infant fitted with this device an alarm sounds and you're immediately chased down by hospital staff. I found this out the hard way (by accident of course rolleyes.gif ).

Upon inspecting this device my interest quickly shifted to the strap that anchored it to her leg. I have been searching for an effective string dampener and it took about two seconds for me to realize that I had just stumbled across what i've been looking for. The strap is sized perfectly for a guitar neck, it has an elastic stretch material over Velcro on one end, thus allowing it to be fit snuggly. Best of all, the inside of the strap (facing the leg, errr… strings) is made of this medium weight spongy material. I was confident this strap was the perfect dampener and was very anxious to bring it home and test it, of course I had to wait until mom and baby were released from the hospital as I did not want to risk setting of any more alarms.

Upon arriving home I snuck in where my guitars are and confirmed my suspicion. I have tried numerous dampeners in the past and this works far better than anything i've previously tried. It deadens every open string amazingly well.

Here's the dampener:
Attached Image

And here's our daughter.. not sure if she approves of me hijacking her strap or not? tongue.gif
Attached Image

Cheers!
Gary

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 17)
Praetorian
Nov 30 2010, 06:29 AM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
She is absolutely perfect

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
superize
Nov 30 2010, 08:47 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
So cute

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Piotr Kaczor
Nov 30 2010, 09:29 AM
Instructor
What an amazing story, my friend smile.gif and your daughter is so beautiful

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile

+Quote Post
Fran
Nov 30 2010, 11:32 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Sweet baby smile.gif

And great idea using that as a dampener, now I wonder what you'll have to do again if you lose it laugh.gif wink.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Nov 30 2010, 11:35 AM
Learning Tone Master
Haha, congratulations smile.gif

Now, off to get a baby... xD

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Nov 30 2010, 01:02 PM
GMC Founder
Wow what a cutie - congratulations! wub.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Nov 30 2010, 03:47 PM
Learning Rock Star
You got some skills Gary she's so cute smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Nov 30 2010, 03:50 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
Congrats, dad. She's super cute.

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
Vaidya
Nov 30 2010, 07:40 PM
Learning Roadie
congrats man.thats one cute baby biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Nov 30 2010, 08:33 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gary @ Nov 30 2010, 06:21 AM) *
A few months back my wife and I welcomed our baby girl. Along with the excitement of having a daughter, I was stoked when I saw what she came with.

Immediately after birth a nurse fitted our daughter with an anti-theft device, basically a small electronic box affixed to the infant’s ankle. If you approach a hospital elevator or stairwell with an infant fitted with this device an alarm sounds and you're immediately chased down by hospital staff. I found this out the hard way (by accident of course rolleyes.gif ).

Upon inspecting this device my interest quickly shifted to the strap that anchored it to her leg. I have been searching for an effective string dampener and it took about two seconds for me to realize that I had just stumbled across what i've been looking for. The strap is sized perfectly for a guitar neck, it has an elastic stretch material over Velcro on one end, thus allowing it to be fit snuggly. Best of all, the inside of the strap (facing the leg, errr… strings) is made of this medium weight spongy material. I was confident this strap was the perfect dampener and was very anxious to bring it home and test it, of course I had to wait until mom and baby were released from the hospital as I did not want to risk setting of any more alarms.

Upon arriving home I snuck in where my guitars are and confirmed my suspicion. I have tried numerous dampeners in the past and this works far better than anything i've previously tried. It deadens every open string amazingly well.

Here's the dampener:
Attached Image

And here's our daughter.. not sure if she approves of me hijacking her strap or not? tongue.gif
Attached Image

Cheers!
Gary

i need one of those for my guitar, hope i don't have to go thru the same process
seeing i have five girls already blink.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 30 2010, 11:37 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Congratulations man! She is beautiful! smile.gif

Oh I need that piece of gear too - I've been playing some tapping lines that would really benefit from dampener smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 1 2010, 12:51 AM
Super Huge Congrats! smile.gif Doubley Blessed!

Todd

+Quote Post
rokchik
Dec 1 2010, 12:53 AM
The Dark Canuck
She's gorgeous smile.gif Congrats to you and your wife!

+Quote Post
Gary
Dec 1 2010, 02:51 AM
Thanks everyone for the kind words... I forgot to mention the drawback. Having a baby around severely impacts practicing time smile.gif

Cheers~
Gary

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Dec 1 2010, 01:57 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
QUOTE (Gary @ Nov 30 2010, 08:51 PM) *
Thanks everyone for the kind words... I forgot to mention the drawback. Having a baby around severely impacts practicing time smile.gif

Cheers~
Gary

That's why I can only play after 7:30pm when the kids go to bed...and into my PC and headphones, not an amp!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Gary
Dec 1 2010, 06:29 PM
QUOTE (Praetorian @ Dec 1 2010, 01:57 PM) *
That's why I can only play after 7:30pm when the kids go to bed...and into my PC and headphones, not an amp!

Okay Ben, forget the guitar lessons.. I need a lesson from you on how to get kids in bed at 7:30.. blink.gif
My seven year old thinks that 9:00pm is the perfect time for me to start reading Harry Potter novels to him..LOL

Gary

+Quote Post
thefireball
Dec 19 2010, 05:43 AM
Learning Roadie
What a wonderful story! Funny too! Cute daughter you have there! She brought a smile to my face. smile.gif That face is irresistable.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 03:36 PM