2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Crazy Satch Dream, First Time It Happens To Me :P
Iluha
Oct 2 2008, 10:25 PM
GMC:er
So last night I had one of those lucid dreams, where you can swear what you'r dreaming is real, and I had a bizzare dream.

I dreamt about Joe Satriani, apparantly he decided to hold a sort of competition, in which any band can send him their details, songs, myspace etc. and he would check all of them out, and than pick one, and join it for a certain period of time Oo

So I enterd my band not expecting to win, but surprisingley, I won(and I still didn't suspect it was a dream), and Joe arrived to my band's practice spot, camera crew right behind him.

First of all, he had a wierd spikey hair, blonde, and his guitar looked more like a PRS, don't ask my why, he was wearing biker clothes, and overall just looked like an A-Hole. tongue.gif

From this point I don't remember things too well but I'll write what I do remember, I remember we were jamming, and suddenly a thought sneaked to my head, as if he was using some of his infamous(in the dream, it was infamous) Satch mind tricks, and so I thought I need to drop the guitar and be a bassist for this band, and let him be the lead guitarist, basicly, hand him over my band.

And avecourse, since it's Satch, I did.

Last thing I remember before waking up is that suddenly he turned to his normal self, and I talked to him for the first time, and even though it was a dream, my knees were trembling, after all, this is my favourite musician, and I could swear he was actualy right infront of me.

Suddenly he asked me "So, how long have you been playing the guitar?" so I started mumbling about my musical history, feeling like an amatuer the more I tell him, everything starts getting blurry around me, at first I thought I'm just nervous talking to him, but than it hit me, I'm in a dream, and I'm about to wake up.

Needless to say, I was very sad and dissapointed when I woke up sad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Iluha: Oct 2 2008, 10:26 PM

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Oct 2 2008, 10:30 PM
Instructor
Hehe... what a great dream! biggrin.gif

I've tried few times to get a lucid dream, but I just can't do it.
What did you do to get into this lucid dream state?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Capt.Z
Oct 2 2008, 10:30 PM
Ha! laugh.gif cool dream!! Too bad it was fake... smile.gif

--------------------

GMC IS TIGHT DAWG

+Quote Post
Iluha
Oct 2 2008, 10:32 PM
QUOTE (Marcus Lavendell @ Oct 2 2008, 10:30 PM) *

Nothing really... It wasn't my first lucid dream, I just get them from time to time, sometime I wish I didn't, as some scare the living daylight out of me, and some make me want to puke.

As for the good ones, it's always a disappointemt to wake up and find out it was all just a dream sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Oct 2 2008, 10:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Iluha @ Oct 2 2008, 11:32 PM) *
Nothing really... It wasn't my first lucid dream, I just get them from time to time, sometime I wish I didn't, as some scare the living daylight out of me, and some make me want to puke.

As for the good ones, it's always a disappointemt to wake up and find out it was all just a dream sad.gif

Oh ok, that doesn't sound so funny sad.gif

But I thought the thing with lucid dreams was that we also can control everything that happens in the dream?

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
Capt.Z
Oct 2 2008, 10:41 PM
QUOTE (Marcus Lavendell @ Oct 2 2008, 05:38 PM) *
But I thought the thing with lucid dreams was that we also can control everything that happens in the dream?

I wish! tongue.gif My dreams I just kinda watch myself do dumb stuff... laugh.gif

--------------------

GMC IS TIGHT DAWG

+Quote Post
Iluha
Oct 2 2008, 10:43 PM
Well I can control myself, just not evrything around me... so I dunno =p

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 2 2008, 11:05 PM
Instructor
That's a good dream mate. If satch asked me how long I was playing the guitar, I would tell him> Long enough so I know that I know nothing smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Oct 2 2008, 11:37 PM
That sounds really awesome. However, it doesn't sound like a lucid dream, since the whole point with them is to know that you're dreaming and after that realise that it's all in your head and you can controll everything.

I love having guitar related dreams, even if they end with me feeling embarrased when waking up laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Oct 2 2008, 11:53 PM
QUOTE (Marcus Lavendell @ Oct 2 2008, 10:30 PM) *

I have many lucid dreams too, but they are never fun. I always think I hurt someone or something. Then I go and apologize and I realize it was just a dream. smile.gif

I cant remember ever having a dream related to the least bit to guitar either.

Drug reference removed - Andrew

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Oct 3 2008, 02:30 AM

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Oct 2 2008, 11:54 PM
I have weird dreams like this where it seems so real and its also something you wish would really happen, but the you wake up and want to cry because its not true. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Oct 3 2008, 01:03 AM
Jazz Instructor
I think that Freud, if he was alive, would certainly have to say something about this. Probably about sex:)

+Quote Post
Sami
Oct 3 2008, 01:09 AM
Learning Rock Star
haha whoa crazy dream
I actually got the opportunity to meet sacth for two seconds at guitarcenter when he was doing a clinic. He was so kind, i told him that hes one of the reasons i play and he said "Well keep playing then sami!"(he knew my name cause he signed his latest CD for me) It was absolutely insane. My mum went to say hi too hahah and she loved him cause he was so kind.

--------------------
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jun 10 2008, 01:38 PM) *
Crysis kicked arse. Gears of War unfortunately I thought was as good as wiping cottage cheese on a cat's head

Hahahaha just imagine the cat hahahah

QUOTE (fkalich @ May 3 2009, 08:01 PM) *
The thing about being really stupid, is that there are a zillion ways to be a moron. There are usually several ways to be intelligent, given a situation, but it is a small finite number. But there are always a zillion ways to be to blithering idiot. So finding a new way to have the intellect of an artichoke is nothing to be proud of really, it is easy to do.

So true... To bad im still an artichoke haha

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 3 2008, 01:22 AM
Instructor
Cool dream laugh.gif

I have an issue,I just can't remember my dreams,
and many told me that I speak when sleeping..pretty often...even walk. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Oct 3 2008, 03:10 AM
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Oct 3 2008, 01:22 AM) *
Cool dream laugh.gif

I have an issue,I just can't remember my dreams,
and many told me that I speak when sleeping..pretty often...even walk. biggrin.gif

Maybe while you sleep you play guitar the whole time, now thats why you're so good! tongue.gif

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
VinceG
Oct 3 2008, 06:25 AM
I just remembered my somewhat related Satch Dream.

Well, actually it was more about me owning a the red Satch guitar. Playing it beautifully in my room. It was a cool dream, thanks for making me remember it smile.gif

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
superize
Oct 3 2008, 09:18 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Cool dream....

I often have this kind of dream where you really feel that it is real and when you wake up you get very dissapointed

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 3 2008, 10:03 AM
I had a thread on lucid dreams a while back. I constantly have them and some of mine are messed up. I will dream I am asleep in my own room that I'm sleeping in and I will answer the phone and leave it somewhere and when I get up I will go to where I left it and it wont be there and it's still in the place it was before I've slept. I have also dreamt that I am going to meet my friend and I head off when I wake up, phone him and he has no idea what I'm on about.

I can control many aspects of them and make the dream go the way I want it to and I also can kind of archive dreams and continue dreams. So if I wait a week I will bring a prior dream back into my mind and continue it up to a week or even a month later. I don't know the reasoning behind lucid dreaming but I do know I'm a great sleeper. I put my head down and I'm asleep within 30 seconds. It is insane.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Canis
Oct 3 2008, 03:18 PM
Learning Rock Star
Some people are naturally good at this Lucid Dreaming stuff. Some (like me), could train to be good at it though.
If you keep a Dream Journal of some kind, and write down your dreams first thing in the morning, you will start to remember more and more of your dreams until they're as lifelike as Iluha's Satch dream ^^

... Or so they say.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jesse
Oct 3 2008, 03:42 PM
The weird is, Sometimes you dream about something youve never ever seen/heard of before, then you find out in real life that its exactley the same as in your dream

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:50 PM