32 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Adams Bootcamp, Time to Fight Soldier!
Todd Simpson
Jan 5 2019, 08:59 AM
GMC:er
Well Fought Soldier!!! The Video demo shows a few key things.
1.)Economy of Motion: Notice that my left and right hands are barely moving. It sounds like they should be flailing about like mad, but instead, they both look like they are barely moving at all. This is the key to shredding at full tilt.

2.)Right Hand is Relaxed: Notice that there is barely any tension on my right hand,. Go back and watch just the right hand. Note that the strikes barely move beyond the string. This too is key. Being able to hit the next note is easier when one doesn't drift to far away from the string.

3.)Pick as Sharp as a Scalpel: Using a very stiff, 1.0 MM or thicker, very sharp and very beveled pick with a rounded side edge can really make the difference. I'm currently using a MATHAS GUITARS "Impaler" 3.0 MM pick. It's the only pick I've found that is honestly perfect. It's similar to my custom VON HOTCH pick that took me and Vonhotch about a year to design. He doesn't make picks anymore sadly.

You have a very good start on this. Your technique is solid and that's the most important thing. Let's Debrief!!!!
MEDALS OF HONOR

PLAYING WITHIN ABILITY: It's always tempting, on a lick like this, to push the envelope well past where one actually can play,. I see it all the time. In an earnest effort to shred, folks end up trading precision for an attempt at speed and end up getting neither. Quite easily it slips in to sloppy playing. Not so here!!! You are in control the entire time.
NOT TENSING UP: Not tensing your arms is the key to shredding. Tension is Death for shredding. It wrecks your speed, kills your precision and causes injury. Great to see you not tensing!!
PACING: It's also tempting on a lick lick this to play the parts that are easier for the hand faster than the parts that are more difficult. Good news is you don't fall in to that trap!!!
Keep this lick in your warm up routine. Eventually, you will be playing this as fast or faster than I'm playing it in the video. Just be patient with yourself and keep it up!!! In other words you just..
LEVELED UP!!!!!
Attached Image

Sarge
QUOTE (Adam M @ Jan 4 2019, 12:55 PM) *
I'm on a pretty good streak, so I'm not stopping now smile.gif I had a little hard time figuring out the pattern because the tab is split into 3 parts here. Your demo is great smile.gif It's both promising and terrifying.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 5 2019, 09:00 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Adam
Jan 7 2019, 09:57 PM
Learning Roadie
I misunderstood the task for Mission 18. Also, I suppose quite a number of students don't get past this but I'm not one of them! Can't say when exactly I'll upload a vid but it should be this week. I want a take that will satisfy me.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 8 2019, 03:01 AM
Now that you mention it, WADS of folks get stuck right here at 18. To wit, I have added this bit to help explain the Mission. It's really just, make a solo using the supplied track as a backing, record a vid.

ASSIGNMENT:

Play a solo over the backing track. Try to use some of the licks that we have worked on in previous Bootcamp Missions. If you feel that your solo is better served by using other licks, that's entirely up to you. I just want to see you creating a guitar solo over a backing. Also, I"m not going to tell you what key this is. I want you to listen to the track and see what notes sound good. If I just give you the key, you may just play notes in that scale and that's not really what I want. I want you to listen to the track, and respond musically. Trust yourself!!

Your video take can have as many or as few notes as you see fit. Just make it good!

QUOTE (Adam M @ Jan 7 2019, 04:57 PM) *
I misunderstood the task for Mission 18. Also, I suppose quite a number of students don't get past this but I'm not one of them! Can't say when exactly I'll upload a vid but it should be this week. I want a take that will satisfy me.

+Quote Post
Adam
Jan 15 2019, 06:49 PM
Learning Roadie
This is officially the toughest mission at GMC and I'm taking level 10 shred lessons into account. I have a few ideas already. Now I need a few more and then I'll just combine them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 15 2019, 09:37 PM
I always thought it was the easiest of all the missions but nobody seems to agree smile.gif Many of the students have found this one a big of a speed bump on the road to greatness. Don't stress. You can play anything you like. Doesn't have to shred, doesn't need to be fast. Just any notes that are in key. Thats the only requirement.
Todd
QUOTE (Adam M @ Jan 15 2019, 01:49 PM) *
This is officially the toughest mission at GMC and I'm taking level 10 shred lessons into account. I have a few ideas already. Now I need a few more and then I'll just combine them.

+Quote Post
Adam
Jan 15 2019, 10:21 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 15 2019, 09:37 PM) *
I always thought it was the easiest of all the missions but nobody seems to agree smile.gif Many of the students have found this one a big of a speed bump on the road to greatness. Don't stress. You can play anything you like. Doesn't have to shred, doesn't need to be fast. Just any notes that are in key. Thats the only requirement.
Todd

I think the difficulty in this one comes mostly from the improvisation task itself. With the tabs given, even in rank 10 lessons, you don't need to worry about that. Just memorize the pattern and phrase it in a way that you see fit. Here, the student must get familiar with the scale and not just 5 boxes but also see them as a whole. Then they must come up with a few melodic licks to make it sound right. My takes don't sound like playing scales up and down but it's not enough to make it sound good. All the tools needed to improvise better I'm hoping to learn here at GMC but it's not going to happen over a night.

From a student's point of view, I can say that I joined GMC with no proper education. I mean, I have some knowledge but nobody taught me how to improvise because I mostly learned from tabs. I think this lack of experience poses that difficulty and I imagine that any student who wasn't taught it before will have a hard time. But it's better this way because this forces a person to think and come to conclusions.

I think that changing this mission the way you did - to figure out the key before anything else is really going to help me and others. Especially today, when there are tabs and transcriptions for most of the pieces. I read many comments saying that e.g. in the 80's people had one CD and figured the songs by themselves. Even YJM used a tape recorder and analyzed the piece's structure with ears only. This is a very important skill if someone aims to become a real virtuoso. Not all of the classical pieces have their score sheets available and even those that do have it probably take weeks to put it on a fretboard. And I don't just mean getting a sequence right but also literally putting it on the fretboard. The same sound appears in few positions and some are easier and more accessible than other. Learning to do it is another crucial skill. My recent experience with Paganini's Sonata proves it beyond doubt.

I honestly hope there are more missions in Bootcamp like this one. Also it's just my idea but I think it would make a very interesting challenge to get a simple recorded melody, even just a sound file with no video, and be expected to reproduce it with no hints such as the key, etc. For example a pass grade for doing it properly and bonus points for dynamics, stressing the notes and ornamentation used. This way, both beginners and advanced players could enjoy it. Also, the feedback from such challenge would probably help any student improve further.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 16 2019, 08:36 AM
The improv aspect is what makes this one such a challenge for many folks. Improv is something that is hard to actually teach since so much of it comes down to person doing the improv. Even if a student knows all their scales, knows how to play "in key" and all, they still may struggle with even a short improv where they have to write a solo from scratch. The good news is, I've got the answer key so I can share a bit smile.gif

1.)Once you find the key, pick your scale. Here's a hint. Minor and Pentatonic work great.

2.)Land on the Root/Key note now and then to resolve your licks.

That's it. It's really not more complex than that. You can use single note licks like BB king if you like. You don't even have to use polytonal chops. The important thing is that you dive in and try it. If I don't like it, you'll get more practice by doing it again smile.gif

I like your idea for ear training! The good news is you don't need an instructor for something like that. You can grab any guitar bit ever played and use your ear to work it out not by note. I did that same thing when I was learning and it did help. I still like learning songs that way and only use tab if I hit a sticking point.

You can put up a test solo if you want some feedback before your take. Look forward to hearing it! There are other solo lessons in bootcamp. You just gotta work towards them.
Todd

+Quote Post
Adam
Jan 16 2019, 11:58 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 16 2019, 08:36 AM) *
The improv aspect is what makes this one such a challenge for many folks. Improv is something that is hard to actually teach since so much of it comes down to person doing the improv. Even if a student knows all their scales, knows how to play "in key" and all, they still may struggle with even a short improv where they have to write a solo from scratch. The good news is, I've got the answer key so I can share a bit smile.gif

1.)Once you find the key, pick your scale. Here's a hint. Minor and Pentatonic work great.

2.)Land on the Root/Key note now and then to resolve your licks.

That's it. It's really not more complex than that. You can use single note licks like BB king if you like. You don't even have to use polytonal chops. The important thing is that you dive in and try it. If I don't like it, you'll get more practice by doing it again smile.gif

I like your idea for ear training! The good news is you don't need an instructor for something like that. You can grab any guitar bit ever played and use your ear to work it out not by note. I did that same thing when I was learning and it did help. I still like learning songs that way and only use tab if I hit a sticking point.

You can put up a test solo if you want some feedback before your take. Look forward to hearing it! There are other solo lessons in bootcamp. You just gotta work towards them.
Todd

To be honest, you didn't remove the info about the key completely after changing the mission - I just realized that. The description is still hinting at it. Also, the backing track didn't change, so I'm pretty sure the key stays the same.

The main problem I'm having here is that this track is much more dynamic than what I've tried from YouTube and slow ballad-type playing doesn't sound too well here. I'm a perfectionist and unfortunately playing a nice solo won't satisfy me unless it fits the track's character. I need to do some trial and error and see for myself how to make it work. That's the best partt about it! smile.gif

Is there a place where I can post a video when I work out some piece? All I can think of is the Practice Room section but as long as I can get some feedback, it works for me smile.gif

This post has been edited by Adam M: Jan 16 2019, 10:29 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 17 2019, 04:51 AM
I'm not trying to make it impossible, really not trying to make it even that difficult. So some hints about the key are ok smile.gif Using the same track. This lesson is intimidating enough evidently without me making it too much harder. I'm glad you dove in!!!
The bad news is that I can't hear the backing track in the video sad.gif I need to be able to hear the backing and the solo to be able to tell how you are doing. Since the mission is about playing over a backing, I really do need to hear the backing. You can put up a test pass with the backing and I'd be happy to give you some feedback on it. I can't really say much without the backing other than it looks like your playing is solid, so yeah, add the backing!
Part of what I"m trying to teach on this Mission and in fact every mission, is the importance of not getting in your own way. We all have our demons to overcome. Perfectionism, some folks have procrastination, some folks it's something else. Everyone has something. The missions are designed to keep you moving forward and not allow you to get too stuck on one thing for too long. I've seen many players get stuck and give up so don't allow yourself to get trapped. As for the practice vids, you can put them up right here. It's a great place for them. Make as many as you like as often as you like. The more the merrier. It's by working through this that you gain something from it. There are plenty of missions where you will need to solo so please don't let perfection be the enemy of progress. That too is a key lesson that I"m trying to teach. Learning to let go, and move on, is part and parcel to learning how to learn. That lesson will help you in every aspect of the gig called life. Guitar, after all, is just a sort of metaphor for life itself. The journey is without end. Getting stuck along the way due to a bump in the road doesn't help the traveler or the road.

Look forward to your practice vid!
Todd

QUOTE (Adam M @ Jan 16 2019, 06:58 AM) *
To be honest, you didn't remove the info about the key completely after changing the mission - I just realized that. The description is still hinting at it. Also, the backing track didn't change, so I'm pretty sure the key stays the same.

The main problem I'm having here is that this track is much more dynamic than what I've tried from YouTube and slow ballad-type playing doesn't sound too well here. I'm a perfectionist and unfortunately playing a nice solo won't satisfy me unless it fits the track's character. I need to do some trial and error and see for myself how to make it work. That's the best partt about it! smile.gif

Is there a place where I can post a video when I work out some piece? All I can think of is the Practice Room section but as long as I can get some feedback, it works for me smile.gif

+Quote Post
Adam
Jan 17 2019, 11:26 PM
Learning Roadie
It seems I did it. I've been listening to this track looped for a few days now, hoping to come up with some licks but it's very difficult when there's no vocal track.

I hope this one gets a pass grade, I gave it my 300% today just to make it to the next mission. Now I'm a little behind schedule with thesis but there's still some time before deadline for next part.

As a bonus, I'm including a photo of my t-shirt I was wearing for this occasion. The writing says it all smile.gif

Could you criticize my previous video as it is, just so I know how bad it is? I borrowed some licks from Vivaldi's Four Seasons and tried transposing them to what I think is the lesson's track key. I said I'd try learning classical pieces by ear and I mean it. The earlier I start, the earlier I learn to play this concerto suite smile.gif

Also, what you're hearing here is my new Merlin pickup and Zombie amp with V30 stack. It's a bit far away from recording device, so the mic doesn't capture nuances but the difference is huge hearing it live! I'm in love with it and I want a mic with DI box so much more now!
I didn't have time to do reviews for any of this yet, but I thought I'd let you know. Maybe you can hear the difference in my vids smile.gif

I'm also happy because I managed to find someone who would trade my EMG H4 for H3. I bought two H4's for about 60% price of one and I really like them but many folks say H3 is much better at neck and seeing how H4 is so brutal, they could be right. I'm not using the EMG's currently but I keep them safe. If I manage to find a cheap used Explorer-type guitar, I would swap them for pure Metallica tribute axe. We're trading by mailing them by C.O.D. and I only hope I won't get tricked to pay for a potato in a box or something like that.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 18 2019, 04:27 AM
WELL FOUGHT SOLDIER!!! I like your pedal point lick that you start off with! I like all the licks you chose You have a good sense of what is going on in the backing and you selected licks that worked well with it. Given your still new to all of this, I'm impressed with what you came up with. There are some issues, as is to be expected, since this is all still fairly new ground. Toward the end, it sounds like you lost track of the beat just a bit. But honestly, that's small potatoes at this point. The entire reason this Mission exists is to get you to jump in with both feet and make a solo up from scratch and then record yourself and fight off the curse of the "red light" and play all the way through. You did it! Let's debrief!!
MEDALS OF HONOR

AGGRESSIVE STYLE: Great to see you diving in to the solo and going for it! At some point, one just has to take a deep breath, hit record and go for it.

TECHNIQUE ON POINT: Your Missions have served you well! Good technique on display here. Keep that up!

DIVING IN WITH BOTH FEET: Your playing is not hesitant or timid in any way. It's bold and speaks for itself. Nice.

In short I"m very proud of you Soldier! You jumped in and fought through it. It's not an easy mission. Especially if soloing is very new to you as a player. With each improv you will get better. So make doing improv soloing part of your practice routine! After all, the entire point of all of this work is to get you to the point where you can play, off the cuff, with any music your present with.
Attached Image

*As for your last vid, it's sorta tough to critique it as a solo vid as it's all by itself. There is no musical context since there is no audible backing. I can say that the playing looks mostly solid and technique looks solid. I don't recognize it as a classical piece yet, but it's still early days so keep at it and I'm sure you will get a version that reminds one of the piece that it's based on. There are guitar versions of just about every classical piece on earth on youtube which is a good reference. If you want to try it on your own, that's good as well, it will just take a bit longer. But keep at it!

QUOTE (Adam M @ Jan 17 2019, 06:26 PM) *
It seems I did it. I've been listening to this track looped for a few days now, hoping to come up with some licks but it's very difficult when there's no vocal track.

I hope this one gets a pass grade, I gave it my 300% today just to make it to the next mission. Now I'm a little behind schedule with thesis but there's still some time before deadline for next part.

As a bonus, I'm including a photo of my t-shirt I was wearing for this occasion. The writing says it all smile.gif

Could you criticize my previous video as it is, just so I know how bad it is? I borrowed some licks from Vivaldi's Four Seasons and tried transposing them to what I think is the lesson's track key. I said I'd try learning classical pieces by ear and I mean it. The earlier I start, the earlier I learn to play this concerto suite smile.gif

Also, what you're hearing here is my new Merlin pickup and Zombie amp with V30 stack. It's a bit far away from recording device, so the mic doesn't capture nuances but the difference is huge hearing it live! I'm in love with it and I want a mic with DI box so much more now!
I didn't have time to do reviews for any of this yet, but I thought I'd let you know. Maybe you can hear the difference in my vids smile.gif

I'm also happy because I managed to find someone who would trade my EMG H4 for H3. I bought two H4's for about 60% price of one and I really like them but many folks say H3 is much better at neck and seeing how H4 is so brutal, they could be right. I'm not using the EMG's currently but I keep them safe. If I manage to find a cheap used Explorer-type guitar, I would swap them for pure Metallica tribute axe. We're trading by mailing them by C.O.D. and I only hope I won't get tricked to pay for a potato in a box or something like that.

+Quote Post
Adam
Jan 18 2019, 10:32 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 18 2019, 04:27 AM) *
WELL FOUGHT SOLDIER!!! I like your pedal point lick that you start off with! I like all the licks you chose You have a good sense of what is going on in the backing and you selected licks that worked well with it. Given your still new to all of this, I'm impressed with what you came up with. There are some issues, as is to be expected, since this is all still fairly new ground. Toward the end, it sounds like you lost track of the beat just a bit. But honestly, that's small potatoes at this point. The entire reason this Mission exists is to get you to jump in with both feet and make a solo up from scratch and then record yourself and fight off the curse of the "red light" and play all the way through. You did it! Let's debrief!!
MEDALS OF HONOR

AGGRESSIVE STYLE: Great to see you diving in to the solo and going for it! At some point, one just has to take a deep breath, hit record and go for it.

TECHNIQUE ON POINT: Your Missions have served you well! Good technique on display here. Keep that up!

DIVING IN WITH BOTH FEET: Your playing is not hesitant or timid in any way. It's bold and speaks for itself. Nice.

In short I"m very proud of you Soldier! You jumped in and fought through it. It's not an easy mission. Especially if soloing is very new to you as a player. With each improv you will get better. So make doing improv soloing part of your practice routine! After all, the entire point of all of this work is to get you to the point where you can play, off the cuff, with any music your present with.
Attached Image

*As for your last vid, it's sorta tough to critique it as a solo vid as it's all by itself. There is no musical context since there is no audible backing. I can say that the playing looks mostly solid and technique looks solid. I don't recognize it as a classical piece yet, but it's still early days so keep at it and I'm sure you will get a version that reminds one of the piece that it's based on. There are guitar versions of just about every classical piece on earth on youtube which is a good reference. If you want to try it on your own, that's good as well, it will just take a bit longer. But keep at it!

Thank you. Pedal points and ostinato I remember well from Luca Turilli's free course. At my current level I can't play it in super speed but only hours of practice will make it possible someday. I can't arrange triads in some nice sounding progression (I bet this will come with more theoretical knowledge and experience), so I decided to alter the pedal point itself among the scale's notes. I'm really glad you liked it! smile.gif

I think I need some rest after Number 18's intensity. I tried to match its high-octane tempo with my playing and I'm a bit exhausted, if that's the word to describe it.

The current mission was enjoyable, though the scale's mood felt bizzare. It's like positive but not exactly positive - it's hard to describe. I tried the scale's shape for a while and I'd describe it as somewhat energetic.

Starting today, I'll try to get a video every day so there's some routine and discipline to follow. At least until I reach next improvisation task smile.gif

I'm so sleepy I almost forgot to include the video.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 19 2019, 08:29 PM
Well Fought Soldier!! This is four note per string tapping piece. It's got a quasi neo-classical vibe to it which is why I dig it wink.gif Sounds like you have a good plan for the future of your practice btw! Let's Debrief!!
MEDALS OF HONOR

*TAPPING TO GLORY-This is NOT an easy tapping bit as it requires a 4 note per string tap that includes an open string. Most Eddie VanHalen style tapping uses fretted strings only and 3 notes. So this is quite a bit more advanced. Well Done!
*QUIET AS DEATH-The open string is there partially to test your muting. Without solid muting, the string noise kills this lick. Not so here! Nice!
*PULLING FOR POWER-In addition to the tapping, there are pull offs that fit in as well. Without the pull offs, the lick doesn't work at all. No problem for you. Great pull offs! This is a very advanced tapping lick. You can use any scale you like, on any open string and build your own 4 note per string tapping licks! Well played Soldier you just.. LEVELED UP!!!!

Attached Image
Sarge

QUOTE (Adam M @ Jan 18 2019, 05:32 PM) *
Thank you. Pedal points and ostinato I remember well from Luca Turilli's free course. At my current level I can't play it in super speed but only hours of practice will make it possible someday. I can't arrange triads in some nice sounding progression (I bet this will come with more theoretical knowledge and experience), so I decided to alter the pedal point itself among the scale's notes. I'm really glad you liked it! smile.gif

I think I need some rest after Number 18's intensity. I tried to match its high-octane tempo with my playing and I'm a bit exhausted, if that's the word to describe it.

The current mission was enjoyable, though the scale's mood felt bizzare. It's like positive but not exactly positive - it's hard to describe. I tried the scale's shape for a while and I'd describe it as somewhat energetic.

Starting today, I'll try to get a video every day so there's some routine and discipline to follow. At least until I reach next improvisation task smile.gif

I'm so sleepy I almost forgot to include the video.

+Quote Post
Adam
Jan 19 2019, 10:18 PM
Learning Roadie
Here's another one.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adam
Jan 20 2019, 01:00 AM
Learning Roadie
Could you recommend me some exercises for strength and endurance of my legato? It's something I need to start improving in my practice routine.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 20 2019, 05:09 AM
There are a ton of legato licks coming your way in bootcamp but they are mixed in with other techniques. For pure legato work, all you have to is take the MISSION you are working on, and pull your picking hand off of the guitar. Whatever it is, try to play it with one hand. You may not even be able to play all the notes, but just trying these licks with one hand will give you the hand power you are looking for. Eventually, picking will become a tone choice. You won't have to use the pick at all if you don't want to during a solo. You will be able to do anything you want with your left hand alone. Here is a video demo.

QUOTE (Adam M @ Jan 19 2019, 08:00 PM) *
Could you recommend me some exercises for strength and endurance of my legato? It's something I need to start improving in my practice routine.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 20 2019, 08:03 AM
Well fought yet again Soldier! You are growing in skill with each Mission. Let's Debrief!!
MEDALS OF HONOR

*CONTROL- You are showing a better level of control each time. Control over your fingers is one of the most important things I'm trying to teach here. If your fingers are out of control, out of synch, you will never be able to shred. The good news is your hands are talking to each other and your hand synch is getting better as you get better.

*ARTICULATION - Very nice articulation on this one. It's got several bits to test your picking and you nailed it!!! Nice. It's important to not let the pick pass too far beyond the point of the string so as to not get hung up in the strings.

*MUTE- These licks are built to show flaws in muting and picking. They simply can't be played properly if there are gaps in someones skill level. Good news. Your skill level is very impressive and continues to grow.

You KRUSHED it and stuck the landing on all of them. Nice.
Attached Image

QUOTE (Adam M @ Jan 19 2019, 05:18 PM) *
Here's another one.

+Quote Post
Adam
Jan 20 2019, 09:49 PM
Learning Roadie

This was one of the easiest and the most pleasant missions so far. Mostly because the riff sounds much like BFMV (example below) and I spend months playing their riffs, though not as fast as they do. I've had this guitar on the wall dressed instead of the Christmas tree and I took the decorations off just today. cool.gif

This one is PAF-loaded and somehow, it sounds much better at high, Marshall-y gain, though the pups are medium output. It surprised me, because I thought that high output pups in the red guitar would sound better in this scenario. The red's are perfect for Mesa-type of gain and pristine clean sound. Perhaps I should study pickups' types and features in the future to get a better understanding smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 21 2019, 06:21 AM
Yet again Well Fought!!!! Another fine example of your fighting spirit. This lick is another finger twister and you hit every note. Keep working on this one as it does sound really cool when done fast. I'd not heard that BFMV song but I think they stole my riff!!! smile.gif It's very close to what they are playing. Good ear! Let's Debrief!!
MEDALS OF HONOR
*MUTE OR DIE Right hand is firmly planted on the bridge and you are starting to articulate the pick very well with a pinch of wrist and some finger action. Well done there!

*PRECISION Precise as a Scalpel. This is a very good workout for either alt picking or econ depending on how you approach it it.

*CONTROL No extra string noise, no unwanted notes and very even and deliberate pacing. Score!!!

In short you KILLED IT!! Glad you enjoyed it smile.gif Back to the fight soldier you just....
LEVELED UP!!!
Attached Image

Sarge
QUOTE (Adam M @ Jan 20 2019, 04:49 PM) *

This was one of the easiest and the most pleasant missions so far. Mostly because the riff sounds much like BFMV (example below) and I spend months playing their riffs, though not as fast as they do. I've had this guitar on the wall dressed instead of the Christmas tree and I took the decorations off just today. cool.gif

This one is PAF-loaded and somehow, it sounds much better at high, Marshall-y gain, though the pups are medium output. It surprised me, because I thought that high output pups in the red guitar would sound better in this scenario. The red's are perfect for Mesa-type of gain and pristine clean sound. Perhaps I should study pickups' types and features in the future to get a better understanding smile.gif

+Quote Post
Adam
Jan 21 2019, 10:55 PM
Learning Roadie
Here are two next vids. As I said before, my legato needs some intense practice but I nailed it (I think). I'll make sure to practice this lick everyday now smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 12:22 PM