Ibanez Tubescreamer Ts-808? Thinkin Of Getting One. Thoughts?
bowy73
Apr 11 2007, 05:50 AM
GMC:er
hi, ive been searching around for a new overdrive pedal for my LP custom and ive heard good news about them and have been rated highly . i just wanted to know your thoughts if you have owned one or used one before. should i get one??

also anyone who has or does own a les paul and a marshall . does the tubescreamer work well through the marshall and LP???

also feel free to leave a comment if you think i should consider another overdrive pedal you think is better than the tubescreamer.

thanks heaps

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 11 2007, 11:59 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Well, they call the 808 for the mother of all tubescreamers cool.gif
I guess the 808 remake is as good as the original... Funny thing is that Behringer (who copies a lot of stuff) are selling a tubescreamer which happens to be called TO800 (sounds famailiar... TS808) and which happens to include the same kind of chip as the Ibanez TS808 and which by acciend (I'm sure) also is green.
The big difference is that the Behringer model has a plastic cover (blah) and sells for, I guess, 1/3 or 1/4 of the price for the Ibanez.

A side by side test between the two would be interesting.

I've got a Digitech Bad monkey, it does what I want and it's not pricy. I really don't know how and if the Ibanez TS808 or the Bahringer TO800 would make my paying sound different.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:43 PM