Skeversen Insane Guitars
Todd Simpson
May 15 2014, 02:57 AM
GMC:er
These Polish Mad Men make some of the most insane guitars on earth. They are crazy pricey, but also crazy good, from what I hear. Anyone played one? I've NEVER seen one "In the wild" as it were. Here's a great example. Pure insanity but I"d love to try it smile.gif

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spock
May 15 2014, 04:02 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 14 2014, 09:57 PM) *
These Polish Mad Men make some of the most insane guitars on earth. They are crazy pricey, but also crazy good, from what I hear. Anyone played one? I've NEVER seen one "In the wild" as it were. Here's a great example. Pure insanity but I"d love to try it smile.gif

Attached Image

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
SeeJay
May 15 2014, 04:04 PM
Now THIS is an ugly guitar.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 15 2014, 01:57 AM) *

Attached Image

--------------------
Rock and Roll Lover. Vintage Ampeg collector. Soon to be new father.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 15 2014, 08:35 PM
I think it's an amazing looking guitar smile.gif But, to each his own smile.gif

QUOTE (SeeJay @ May 15 2014, 11:04 AM) *
Now THIS is an ugly guitar.

+Quote Post
Spock
May 15 2014, 09:58 PM
I think it's beautiful too - just that I have a hard enough time with 6 strings.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 16 2014, 12:49 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Very interesting instruments! smile.gif

I must confess that I find them a bit too exotic looking. This is mostly because I don't like headless guitars (they just look wrong to me) and there is something with the lower right corner that looks like a part of wood is missing?

I find the design extremely futurist and as such it looks great to me. Also it must be really fun (and hard?) to play these? How many strings do they have? Any videos only of musicians playing these guitars?

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Mudbone
May 16 2014, 12:57 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I think the craftsmanship is beautiful, but it is not something I would buy, simply because I'm not interested in the type of music that is played on this. I'm sure it would be more comfortable playing ACDC songs on a regular guitar. I do appreciate the forward thinking nature of this guitar.

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 17 2014, 06:34 PM
They make everything from 6 strings on up smile.gif This one is a 10 string I think. The 9 string is pushing the boundary even for me and the 10 is a bit insane but it's just such a fresh/new looking piece that I can't help drool over it smile.gif I'd love to try one to see if I could even play it.

Here is a guy doing his best meshuggah/periphery ripoff with a skeverson 8 string smile.gif

I like what he's doing but I"m starting to hear soooooooo much of this kind of thing being done that it's actually starting to wear out a bit. I like syncopated bits linked to kick drum and low strings as much as the next guy, but how many bands/folks can try to sound like meshuggah at one time?

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ May 15 2014, 07:49 PM) *
Very interesting instruments! smile.gif

I must confess that I find them a bit too exotic looking. This is mostly because I don't like headless guitars (they just look wrong to me) and there is something with the lower right corner that looks like a part of wood is missing?

I find the design extremely futurist and as such it looks great to me. Also it must be really fun (and hard?) to play these? How many strings do they have? Any videos only of musicians playing these guitars?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:32 PM