Home Recordings - Line6 Pod Studio?, Need some advice from you guys.
Fre
Sep 2 2010, 08:42 PM
Learning Rock Star
I went to a music store and saw a really cool looking tool for home recording there.
I know there are a lot of similar topics so sorry. smile.gif

http://www.keymusic.com/product/Line-6-Pod-Studio-UX1
I would like to buy something to record guitar stuff for GMC purposes. (REC's, collabs,..)
Do some of you already have it, or have maybe other suggestions?
I see some use Guitar Rig 4 but isn't that expensive?
At first sight it looks like this Line 6 Pod Studio.

Thanks in progress!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fran
Sep 2 2010, 08:47 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pod Studio is a great inexpensive solution, it provides amp and effect modelling, it's simple to use and does its job fine cool.gif

These devices were called Toneport a couple years back, but they are the same thing under a different name now. Here you can read a couple reviews from our knowledge base. UX1 provides an extra input, while GX only provides guitar input. Quality, sound, modelling and effects are the same for all Pod Studios, only the number of inouts differ.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...port_Ux1_Review
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/index.php/Toneport_gx

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Fre
Sep 2 2010, 08:55 PM
Learning Rock Star
Ohh snap! Didn't think of searching trough the Knowledge Base.
Thanks for the reply Fran!
I would use the second input for microphone for my blues harp.

+Quote Post
Fran
Sep 2 2010, 08:59 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
QUOTE (Fre @ Sep 2 2010, 09:55 PM) *
Ohh snap! Didn't think of searching trough the Knowledge Base.
Thanks for the reply Fran!
I would use the second input for microphone for my blues harp.

Anytime mate wink.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Bear Rose
Sep 4 2010, 02:50 PM
Beginner Instructor
I have a Line 6 Pod Studio UX2 and I think its great. I use it to do all my lessons and a number of my youtube videos. Since it comes with POD Farm, that helps a lot too, because all of your guitar modeling effects are right there with the software. And it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Its not great if you're wanting to multitrack record a lot of stuff at the same time, but if you're looking to mainly record your guitar, or your blues harp, I think its a good way to go!

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
Sep 4 2010, 03:34 PM
Learning Rock Star
I use a Line 6 POD Studio GX, and it's all you need for high quality recording in my opinion. You can get pretty much any tone you want, but it doesn't include a Wah-wah pedal etc., you can just turn on or off effects (including wah-wah).

It's only $100 in America, so extremely cheap and VERY powerful... I have GuitarRig 4 which was included in my Komplete 6 order, but I haven't really been able to create any awesome metal lead sounds yet, maybe because of my low-output pickups.

--------------------
My YouTube Channel
Lost in all the 2000+ GMC lessons? Check my Lesson Plan

Guitars
Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Recording equipment/software
Line 6 POD Studio GX
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
superize
Sep 4 2010, 04:19 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I used to have have a Toneport GX but i upgraded to a Pod XT live and i they both work very well for home use

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:51 PM