Problem transitioning from acoustic to electric guitar, I'm getting way to much string noise now
radarlove1984
Jan 23 2007, 10:24 AM
GMC:er
On my acoustic guitar, I always tried to let every string ring out as long as possible. That doesn't sound very good on the electric wink.gif

I know how to do palm muting but whenever I start to play scales with distortion cranked up, the first 3 strings always seem to make noise when I don't want them to. When I play the pentatonic minor scale, by the time I get to the high B string, the G string still vibrates. When I play a note on the high E string, the B string vibrates.

So far I can't silence any of those three strings without also muting the note I want to ring out. Is this a technique that will come with time, or is there a trick to this? I've only been using my right hand to mute the strings.

(oh yeah, I can easily mute the 4th, 5th, and 6th strings. It's only the first three I'm having problems with)

Thanks for the help, and sorry if this has been asked a few million times by now.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:37 PM