> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

28 Pages V  « < 20 21 22 23 24 > »   
Elhombre's Axe Laboratory
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 24 2013, 10:35 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Aug 23 2013, 09:58 PM) *
Hello smile.gif
I got my 7 string today, tried it out in a store it was really great to play
Playing stuff I made on a 6 string worked well just after a little pratice getting used having an extra string (makes u thinking u are on the one string at first)

Already learning a few songs and experimented smile.gif
I also got to think of this cool rythm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBjNmGW1Z_8...-fhqo7QLw7LEOMQ
I watched a while back.

Do you know the certain technique used in this rythm? not gallop from what I hear and It cant be AP either?
ive heard it before in other songs, so fast, but i cannot understand what technique to use

biggrin.gif Congrats mate!! Looking forward to see a vid with it smile.gif About that Marco riff - it's AP all the way - all you need to do is understand the formula. As you may have noticed, he plays this fast AP idea and alternates it with downpicking. It's done on the same note, so my advice here would be to focus on the drum in order to understand the formula biggrin.gif It's pretty clear once you get to see how many bass drum 32nd notes are there. Are you willing to try a recording? smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Aug 24 2013, 02:29 PM
Learning Rock Star
Yes of course
It starts on a C# followed by some sort of C# chord (after the AP and downstrokes on the note) which Im working on finding, does sound like something more than just a C# power chord
Then its an A, same thing there. Maye you could here right away only by listening what chords follows?

Also cosmin, I pratice a lot of arpeggios now.
Normal three note, going trough the scale formlua, and also 7 arpeggios, all 5 strings.
You said something earlier about pratice playing them in different groupings, could you maybe do a video talking a little about that and playing them like 16th notes and so on?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by ElHombre: Aug 24 2013, 02:43 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 25 2013, 09:10 PM
Instructor
Hello Erik smile.gif Sure, I can throw in some ideas regarding the arpeggio sequences - once I get up tomorrow I'll see what I have in mind wink.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Aug 25 2013, 11:16 PM
Learning Rock Star
Nice

Also can you guess the first chords in that rythm video? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 26 2013, 01:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Aug 25 2013, 10:16 PM) *
Nice

Also can you guess the first chords in that rythm video? smile.gif

Hey Erik - here you go:

.. and that second chord is an A -5 (A D#) powerchord smile.gif Look at the slow motion version and play along to see that they match wink.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Aug 26 2013, 03:58 PM
Learning Rock Star
okay good comsin I will look into this smile.gif
the first chord was a C#-5 then? tongue.gif

Also another question about arpeggios.
I use normal arpeggios, minor, major and diminished for sweep picking. Not exactly very creative! but I can play them fast and easy.

For my fusion playing i use the 7th arpeggios, I took a tip from Tom Quayle to use sweeping + hybrid picking, I will also learn to use them in more creative ways.

Anyway, what do you think of this?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 27 2013, 08:09 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Aug 26 2013, 02:58 PM) *
okay good comsin I will look into this smile.gif
the first chord was a C#-5 then? tongue.gif

Also another question about arpeggios.
I use normal arpeggios, minor, major and diminished for sweep picking. Not exactly very creative! but I can play them fast and easy.

For my fusion playing i use the 7th arpeggios, I took a tip from Tom Quayle to use sweeping + hybrid picking, I will also learn to use them in more creative ways.

Anyway, what do you think of this?

I think that you should make music tongue.gif and worry less about not using arpeggios or using them - it's not that important as long as you can create memorable lines. You know, I had the same worry many years ago - what should I use here? What if I don't exploit ALL my knowledge here?

Instead - you should explore and let the music guide you - play what you hear in your head and lay it down - the result might end up more musical and memorable than you would ever think smile.gif Are you willing to try that?

And that's a C#5 wink.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Sep 6 2013, 11:50 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Cosmin
Made a vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL5LvvTQYV4

unifinished song but felt like putting up something on utube with my new guitar smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 7 2013, 11:30 AM
Instructor
Hey mate! Out of what I can hear:

- you should tune up the guitar a bit
- you could tidy up the playing tongue.gif especially in the riff and lead parts
- maybe come up with a theme that you can develop before the riff enters - that clean part is a bit too long for my taste smile.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Sep 9 2013, 08:57 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Cosmin
As previous mentioned my 7 string had a scale fit for standard tuning.
However I want to hit the A or even Ab on my guitar, but keep the rest of the tuning intact

Is it possible to get a string size that can fit both for B and A/Ab tuning?
If I go to Ab and it gets a little sloppy I can take

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 10 2013, 09:05 AM
Instructor
Hey Erik - Are these the gauges you are using?

.010 .013 .017 .026 .036 .046 .056

You should replace the .056 with something such as a 0.60? I don't know what sort of options are out there, so you should make a little research smile.gif And why not, take a look over this link here: http://www.daddario.com/DAstringtensiongui...0a-4515d12c2a68

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Oct 13 2013, 05:02 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hello

Since my school now has "forced" me to learn the CAGED system biggrin.gif I need a more structured plan.
Well I had an idea and its to pick 2 or 3 keys per day

Harmonize the scale with triads and inversions.
Then play arpeggios + 7th arpeggios in that key.

Then use the caged system for pentatonics, scale patterns and chords.
Good or bad? something to add?

Well the relative minor scale, for exampel E to G major.
The scale patterns will be the same (if ignoring the root) but the chords will be in different locations.

So do you pratice this in both minor and major?
I usually only do the chords in minor

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 14 2013, 09:03 AM
Instructor
Hey buddy smile.gif

I think you pretty much summed it up - I think I would do the same things if I was in your place.

One other thing is to visualize the patterns in your mind - try a trick smile.gif Close your eyes and try to play them imagining the neck in front of your eyes biggrin.gif It's an amazing tool - I try it almost every day with different things that I want to learn how to play and have control over. Have you ever tried it?

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Oct 27 2013, 01:27 AM
Learning Rock Star
Cosmin
I got such a good idea (I think) that is some kind of Djent fusion playing which is an attempt to merge my favorite styles

Only problem is, I cant get it tight and clean in the recording. Just sounds all blurry and overdistorted.
I even had a preset called "djentlemanly" I used which also sounds very messy.

Well Im kind of looking for that "loudness" and cleanness I dont achieve.
Like you really can feel that 7th string touching your soul haha

I dont know, I try to keep it clean, record two tracks of the same playing etc.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 27 2013, 08:20 AM
Instructor
Hey mate! Sounds good, but show me and I'll see what you mean wink.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Oct 27 2013, 02:06 PM
Learning Rock Star
https://soundcloud.com/erik93/princeofmadnessv1-02

Added a compressor and some stuff, got very low volume so raised the master volume.
Slightly better now

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 28 2013, 10:59 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Oct 27 2013, 01:06 PM) *
https://soundcloud.com/erik93/princeofmadnessv1-02

Added a compressor and some stuff, got very low volume so raised the master volume.
Slightly better now

Hey mate! I love this composition, but indeed the guitar is a bit unclear in the mix, although the tone has definition out of what I can discern.. I think that Darius is definitely the man to talk about when it comes down to mixing smile.gif Write him and he will most certainly know what to tell you wink.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Oct 28 2013, 05:05 PM
Learning Rock Star
Ok then maybe I can setup a recording thread at his section.
Maybe we could work on the actual composition here.

I really want to make this song good clean and tight without timing issues and such smile.gif
The riffage after the intro will be some stuff in 7/8 that will later enter a melodic part that will turn into a little weird fusion based soloing wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 29 2013, 08:15 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Oct 28 2013, 04:05 PM) *
Ok then maybe I can setup a recording thread at his section.
Maybe we could work on the actual composition here.

I really want to make this song good clean and tight without timing issues and such smile.gif
The riffage after the intro will be some stuff in 7/8 that will later enter a melodic part that will turn into a little weird fusion based soloing wink.gif

Sure thing man - do you have all the parts? Can you establish a basic structure which you want to follow and afterwards, find the links between the parts? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Oct 29 2013, 02:54 PM
Learning Rock Star
I dont have recorded smile.gif
Soon I will give you a 5/8 part which you can check for eventual errors. After that the chorus.
Then the track gets messy wink.gif first we have some soloing, then a kind of riff break, followed by a keyboard solo and ended by the chorus

--------------------

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 20 21 22 23 24 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:53 PM