Need Some Inspiration/help
shredmaster1393
Apr 24 2010, 04:12 AM
GMC:er
hello GMC, sadly lately i havent played the guitar in weeks. i dont know why but i just cant seem to find anything to get me motivated in playing again sad.gif . it just seems like i lost all interest in guitar, but i dont want to, i wanna keep playing and play like Kris or Gabriel or Ivan and all of the other instructors here. so what are some things you guys do to keep you into playing more and basically not quit playing unsure.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
its not what you take with you, but what you leave behind that defines greatness
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[font="Impact"

[size="5"][/size]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
RobK87
Apr 24 2010, 04:23 AM
Learning Tone Master
This happened to me recently also. It really scared me.

The two main inspirations to make me start playing seriously again were 1) joining GMC and 2) making a guitar practice schedule.

I definitely suggest making a guitar practice schedule (since you have already joined GMC laugh.gif) . I do this every week day, attempting to start at least by 5:30 PM:

Warm Up 15-30 mins
Internet break 15 mins
technique exercises 1 hour
eat dinner
theory exercises 1 hour 1/2
creativity (writing/phrasing) 1 hour
free time, rest of night (maybe get GMC lesson done)

It was inspired by Vai's ten hour workout. I have been doing this for a while now, and am lucky to have stuck with it! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
OzRob
Apr 24 2010, 04:35 AM
Find something that inspires you and gets your creative juices flowing. For myself, it's collecting software synths and sounds. Different sounds and textures and atmospheres invoke song ideas for me and make me want to pick up my guitar and create. A single sound could spark a whole song idea and then it's on to working out chords, melody, percussion, atmosphere etc. I find it extremely fulfilling. To rely on the guitar alone would probably bore me to tears. Much as I love playing, I've discovered I actually prefer arranging and composing and creating.

Whatever it is that inspires YOU...you need to find it because it will be different for each person.

--------------------
------------------------
My website (Flash) My other website (non-Flash)
------------------------

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Apr 24 2010, 04:40 AM
I think you don't have to hurry up yourself. What you must think is that everyday you become a little better guitarist. No matter if a day you go into some theory, the next you focus on technique, etc. Nobody born knowing it all. We learn everything. And, as you learn things in school, you can learn things from here. Don't get desperate. Results come with time and hard work wink.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 26 2010, 07:11 PM
Instructor
There are lots of things you can use as motivation, depending what drives you. Going to a nice concert, watching experienced players both live and on video footage, listening to nice music, playing, jamming, studying theory, these are all things that can push you in the right direction, and many more. You don't have to urge yourself to become a better player, results come on their own, only if you find the joy in music.

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Apr 26 2010, 07:11 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:32 AM