8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Guitar Master Competition, New GMC competition, awesome prizes!!!
Tolek
Jun 18 2009, 07:35 PM
Learning Rock Star
Just a quick question. I don´t understand this point:
3. Recordings should be as long as the song. If it's shorter it will sound unfinished tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jun 18 2009, 07:54 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (VictorUK @ Jun 18 2009, 08:46 PM) *
Anyone know how to make a backing track lol?

Here. wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jun 18 2009, 08:00 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (VictorUK @ Jun 18 2009, 08:59 PM) *
But do you just need drum VST's? i might download ez drummer in a bit but i dunno anymore VST's

Of course, EZdrummer is a good purchase, but you still need other VSTs. Everything is explained in that tutorial.

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Jun 18 2009, 08:19 PM
GMC:er
im not the creator for this competition,

but im sure in this contest quality of composition, creativity, and technique come before quality of backing track and recording because not all of us have a big enough pocket book to invest in expensive VSTs,

what i will do to help those out, is look for a bunch of free VSTs that i think sound the best, and post them here or in another thread to help some people out. (if that is allowed) im very excited to see what ideas the members here at gmc have in terms of their own compositions!

if you guys have any questions about making backing tracks let me know, ill help as much as i can, and of course, instructors also have a lot of experience in this as well wink.gif

oh and thanks tolek for linking my guide wink.gif

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jun 18 2009, 08:22 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ Jun 18 2009, 09:19 PM) *

but im sure in this contest quality of composition, creativity, and technique come before quality of backing track and recording because not all of us have a big enough pocket book to invest in expensive VSTs,

what i will do to help those out, is look for a bunch of free VSTs that i think sound the best, and post them here or in another thread to help some people out. (if that is allowed) im very excited to see what ideas the members here at gmc have in terms of their own compositions!

if you guys have any questions about making backing tracks let me know, ill help as much as i can, and of course, instructors also have a lot of experience in this as well wink.gif

You´re really kind. smile.gif That´s a great offer.
Your guide is great, btw. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jun 18 2009, 08:38 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (VictorUK @ Jun 18 2009, 09:32 PM) *
Do i need a midi keyboard and what are the best VST's for stuff other than drums?

No, you don´t need a midi keyboard.
I have BANDSTAND as VSTs.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jun 19 2009, 01:00 PM
Instructor
Great competition and amazing prizes, good luck to everyone! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Jun 19 2009, 01:30 PM
Instructor
Wow!
Killer prizes!!!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Jun 19 2009, 03:50 PM
QUOTE (Tolek @ Jun 18 2009, 12:38 PM) *
No, you don´t need a midi keyboard.
I have BANDSTAND as VSTs.

i just bought....AWESOME for the price, cant be beat

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jun 19 2009, 03:56 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Waaaaah wicked prices wink.gif But I have a question. If your not able to make your own BT's does that mean you're not able to participate? And also, the open voting will let someone win with killer technique that probably already won 200 prices, would it be fair to leave one price for judges? So they can decide who did best, according to his own level? Otherwise... I won't win, and that's not good laugh.gif

QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ Jun 18 2009, 09:19 PM) *

Well it's hard to make a nice drum line in GP5, I need practice wink.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jun 19 2009, 04:34 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
BTW: can we use instructors BT's? like from lessons and collabs?

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jun 19 2009, 04:44 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Jun 19 2009, 05:34 PM) *
BTW: can we use instructors BT's? like from lessons and collabs?

No, original compositions only! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gus
Jun 19 2009, 05:08 PM
Great competition, man!

All the motivation I needed to work a little bit more on my compositions cool.gif

This post has been edited by Gus: Jun 19 2009, 05:08 PM

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jun 19 2009, 06:53 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Jun 19 2009, 05:44 PM) *
No, original compositions only! smile.gif

Ok, then I'm going to have problems making a BT...

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jun 19 2009, 06:57 PM
Learning Rock Star
And once again. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tolek @ Jun 18 2009, 08:35 PM) *
3. Recordings should be as long as the song. If it's shorter it will sound unfinished tongue.gif

+Quote Post
wrk
Jun 19 2009, 07:03 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Jun 19 2009, 07:53 PM) *

What about a song with one rhythm and one lead guitar? To write a great song, you don't need necessarily a complex backing.

QUOTE (Tolek @ Jun 19 2009, 07:57 PM) *
And once again. biggrin.gif

Maybe it means that the song should be finished and not just an song idea with intro and chorus ..(?)
I guess thats a common problem to have a nice collection of unfinished songs ...laugh.gif

This post has been edited by wrk: Jun 19 2009, 07:04 PM

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jun 19 2009, 07:11 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (wrk @ Jun 19 2009, 08:03 PM) *
Maybe it means that the song should be finished and not just an song idea with intro and chorus ..(?)
I guess thats a common problem to have a nice collection of unfinished songs ...laugh.gif

biggrin.gif Could be, let´s wait for audiopaal´s answer. Thanks anyway! smile.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 19 2009, 08:08 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Jun 19 2009, 01:53 PM) *

Look at it from an "unplugged" standpoint Kaz, there are tons of great tunes out there without backing instruments. Check out Nuno doing Midnight Express... I know, it is Nuno but you get the idea.. smile.gif

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jun 19 2009, 08:32 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (skennington @ Jun 19 2009, 09:08 PM) *
Look at it from an "unplugged" standpoint Kaz, there are tons of great tunes out there without backing instruments. Check out Nuno doing Midnight Express... I know, it is Nuno but you get the idea.. smile.gif

Thanks! I'll make my own song with rhythm guitar and lead, and then I can always see whether I want to get a drum line under it wink.gif

BTW that Nuno song.... I learned to play that yesterday, BORING!! Hehehe, just kidding ofcourse laugh.gif That guys is... awesome, and inhumane wink.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Jun 19 2009, 08:34 PM
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Jun 19 2009, 02:32 PM) *
That guys is... awesome, and inhumane wink.gif

He is unnecessarily cruel and malicious towards other living beings? biggrin.gif

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:38 PM