2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Getting This Bass Tone, Perhaps a question for Bogdon if he's still around?
Todd Simpson
Jul 31 2013, 05:38 AM
GMC:er
Good news smile.gif Most of the guitar plugins have BASS RIGS built in. Which ever one you have already has bass presets just waiting to be used smile.gif If you have Amplitude, Guitar Rig, etc. Just go to the BASS section and find a patch that you sorta like and start tweaking. Some of the bass amps are very convincing.

Congrats on getting a bass!! I got a 5 string Ibanez bass a bit back and I gotta say it's fun smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Jul 25 2013, 07:43 PM) *
Hey guys ~ and Todd, I know you'll have some insider info if Bogdan is not around, but basically - I picked up a new bass and have really been getting into it - kind of a situation that was born out of necessity as my current cover band lost our bass player and we needed someone to fill in ~ and I had just purchased this bass for recording :

Anywas, back on point!

New to the world of bass and tone, I'm trying to find a tone comparable to Hunter's tone of AFI from this song - whether it's a pedal, a plugin, an EQ... whatever I can get my hands on. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!
Chris!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Aug 1 2013, 12:21 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Jul 30 2013, 11:46 AM) *
I got both biggrin.gif One is 1,5 year younger and play drums and the second is 4 years younger and play the bass smile.gif This is some old recording from us...we played some rock stuff together then smile.gif

that's awesome! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 30 2013, 09:38 PM) *
Good news smile.gif Most of the guitar plugins have BASS RIGS built in. Which ever one you have already has bass presets just waiting to be used smile.gif If you have Amplitude, Guitar Rig, etc. Just go to the BASS section and find a patch that you sorta like and start tweaking. Some of the bass amps are very convincing.

Congrats on getting a bass!! I got a 5 string Ibanez bass a bit back and I gotta say it's fun smile.gif

Todd

Thanks Todd! I figured that might be the case - as of yet, I haven't used any plugins, but that's changing now that I need to record bass. I was using my HD500 for DI guitar work. Bass is new to me tho!

Cheers!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:27 AM