Do You Noodle Too Much?
Phil66
Jun 12 2015, 09:14 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hello everyone.

Ok, if you are anything like me you will start your practise session with very good intention, then, you are practising your new solo lesson, you've said to yourself "I'm giving this 30 minutes", then you look at the clock and 30 minutes has gone BUT, you say, "oh s*^t, I've nearly cracked it, I'll just have one more go", this goes on for another 30 minutes, then another etc etc etc and before you know it you have to end your session.

I have tried something so simple for the last couple of evenings and I think it would be good for you to try too if you are anything like that. I set my phone alarm for 30 minutes, (I use the countdown timer but any alarm will do), I set the alarm tone to be something obnoxious/irritating. What I have found is that when the alarm goes off, it somehow signals the brain that it is time to change to your next part of the session, maybe rhythm, ear training, creativity or whatever and you just do it, like at school when the bell went for the end of the lesson, you just stood up and went to the next classroom, no messing, you just did it.

I have found it (so far) to be great at forcing a split in the routine. I just hear the alarm and say "well that's it, on to the next topic".

It would be great if you could share your experience of this if you try it out.

Cheers dudes and dudettes.

Phil cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daeron
Jun 13 2015, 09:11 AM
Learning Chord Basher
Hi Phil !

I have more or less the same "problem". I don't like to respect a planning but I know I should... wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 13 2015, 09:23 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Try the alarm mate. At the moment is really working for me smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Daeron
Jun 13 2015, 09:54 AM
Learning Chord Basher
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jun 13 2015, 08:23 AM) *
Try the alarm mate. At the moment is really working for me smile.gif

I'll give a try ! smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:56 PM