My Brother Got A Pandora Mini
Gabriel Leopardi
May 23 2012, 03:09 PM
Instructor
Hi guys! Some of you know that my brother is Cirse's bass player and some weeks ago he got a Pandora mini for practicing and I think that he did a great decision getting it and I would like to have mine. The reason why he bought is for home practicing with headphones but also because we use to have many hours between a soundcheck and the show.
I think that this thing is amazing, you have lots of amps and Fx emulations for Guitar and Bass, metronome, drum loops and it's very small. You can have a really good practice session with it. The sound works for that purpose and maybe also for recording demos.

I'm thinking in getting one in the future.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mad
May 23 2012, 03:59 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Amazing! Need one, too!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Dieterle
May 23 2012, 04:03 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Cool might be interesting for me too!

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
May 23 2012, 04:06 PM
Tone Seeker
Holy smokey !!

That thing is amazing !! Just pack your guitar with that and you can rock in the summer cottage, while watching TV or even in the toilet laugh.gif

Here some more sounds from it

Thomann is selling it for 98 euros.

Thanks for this Gabe !!

wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 23 2012, 04:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (WeePee @ May 23 2012, 12:06 PM) *
Holy smokey !!

That thing is amazing !! Just pack your guitar with that and you can rock in the summer cottage, while watching TV or even in the toilet laugh.gif

Here some more sounds from it

Thomann is selling it for 98 euros.

Thanks for this Gabe !!

wink.gif

Even in the toilet! biggrin.gif

I thought that I was the only one! tongue.gif

Attached Image

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
May 23 2012, 05:00 PM
GMC:er
oh man, i've been mega busy with exams and stuff and i am only able to play like at night ._. with no amp, so this would be mega useful, think i might really might order one!
tyvm

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: May 23 2012, 05:02 PM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 23 2012, 08:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ May 23 2012, 01:00 PM) *
oh man, i've been mega busy with exams and stuff and i am only able to play like at night ._. with no amp, so this would be mega useful, think i might really might order one!
tyvm

that's a great use! smile.gif

there are some other Pandora's models, check them out. There is also a version by line 6 called Pod Pocket but it doesn't come with drum loops and metronome.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 24 2012, 11:14 AM
Instructor
Wow biggrin.gif nice, nice! I could use this at the Mozart Rocks! rehearsals... It's always uber panicking before, because we only get to rehearse once, twice if we are lucky and it has to be perfect...or almost laugh.gif and I never get the chance to warm up before this... Thank you Gabe tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 25 2012, 12:57 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 24 2012, 07:14 AM) *
Wow biggrin.gif nice, nice! I could use this at the Mozart Rocks! rehearsals... It's always uber panicking before, because we only get to rehearse once, twice if we are lucky and it has to be perfect...or almost laugh.gif and I never get the chance to warm up before this... Thank you Gabe tongue.gif

no problem mate. Yeah, it's awesome for warming up. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Apr 18 2013, 05:28 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 23 2012, 10:09 AM) *
Hi guys! Some of you know that my brother is Cirse's bass player and some weeks ago he got a Pandora mini for practicing and I think that he did a great decision getting it and I would like to have mine. The reason why he bought is for home practicing with headphones but also because we use to have many hours between a soundcheck and the show.
I think that this thing is amazing, you have lots of amps and Fx emulations for Guitar and Bass, metronome, drum loops and it's very small. You can have a really good practice session with it. The sound works for that purpose and maybe also for recording demos.

I'm thinking in getting one in the future.

Yea, this was an old thread.... but I just saw one of these. Glad you guys liked em.... I ordered it.! If I want to practice these days I need to be mobile and I think this may fit the bill. Just hope I can emu my current tone with it.... minus the whammy of course when traveling. smile.gif

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
korblitz
Apr 18 2013, 07:14 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
But gab, you already have the NUX!!! The power of the Nux trumps Pandora...

Long Live Pandora mini!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 19 2013, 12:30 AM
These are spiff smile.gif But any Android or Iphone can run guitar emulators these days so sadly I think these little devices won't be around that long. Mobile devices are being absorbed in to smart phones right and left. GPS, Turn based navigation is available for free on any smart phone and it's killed TOM TOM and the other nav device vendors.

Hand held cameras have taken a HUGE hit as well now that mobile phone cams are good enough to work and can upload on the fly.

The good news is, our smart phone platforms are open enough that the innovation can happen in software and doesn't need specialized hardware beyond an interface like the irig or what not.

But I gotta say, being a gear junkie, if I see one of these for cheap, I'm buying it!!!!

Todd

QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Apr 18 2013, 12:28 PM) *
Yea, this was an old thread.... but I just saw one of these. Glad you guys liked em.... I ordered it.! If I want to practice these days I need to be mobile and I think this may fit the bill. Just hope I can emu my current tone with it.... minus the whammy of course when traveling. smile.gif

+Quote Post
ConnorGilks
Apr 19 2013, 02:41 AM
Thanks for sharing man, I'm quite curious about this now! May get one for practicing at school. We have practice rooms but all they have is some mild soundproofing, a chair and a piano in each one so I miss being able to practice plugged in. This may be perfect!

--------------------

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Apr 19 2013, 04:55 AM
I agree Todd, and I have the JamUp app which does some awesome emulation but the only problem I have so far are all of the interfaces for the iPhone to the guitar.

So far for me personally, every one I've ever bought has some sort of issue with either static, hiss or cutting out. I've tried the iRig adapter which would make nasty static noise if moved around much while in use, a Y cable adapter made for this sort of application which cuts out if you think about touching it and the adapter from Positive Grid which if you move it around too much while playing it makes horrible scratching noises and hissing. So now I'm trying a device that already has the correct jack sizes built in. I'd love to use the JamUp app on my iphone, but honestly I get tired of having to stand perfectly still just to play the d@mn thing. For a test, I tried these in more than one iPhone so I know it wasn't the device.

So anyhow, as much as I love the emulation of the JamUp, the other issues of using it wear me out. I also thought about the dock version that uses the usb connector on the iPhone, but my problem with those was if I wanted to play for an extended period.... none of those would charge the iphone at the same time, and running this app with the screen on all the time really kills the battery life.... so I'm trying one of these little things that were made for this and hope I have better luck. I'm just hoping I can get the tone I want out of it, but I guess it'll be enough to get me by while traveling if it doesn't scratch, hiss or p1ss and moan while I move it around during playing. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 18 2013, 07:30 PM) *
These are spiff smile.gif But any Android or Iphone can run guitar emulators these days so sadly I think these little devices won't be around that long. Mobile devices are being absorbed in to smart phones right and left. GPS, Turn based navigation is available for free on any smart phone and it's killed TOM TOM and the other nav device vendors.

Hand held cameras have taken a HUGE hit as well now that mobile phone cams are good enough to work and can upload on the fly.

The good news is, our smart phone platforms are open enough that the innovation can happen in software and doesn't need specialized hardware beyond an interface like the irig or what not.

But I gotta say, being a gear junkie, if I see one of these for cheap, I'm buying it!!!!

Todd

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 19 2013, 03:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Apr 19 2013, 12:55 AM) *
I agree Todd, and I have the JamUp app which does some awesome emulation but the only problem I have so far are all of the interfaces for the iPhone to the guitar.

So far for me personally, every one I've ever bought has some sort of issue with either static, hiss or cutting out. I've tried the iRig adapter which would make nasty static noise if moved around much while in use, a Y cable adapter made for this sort of application which cuts out if you think about touching it and the adapter from Positive Grid which if you move it around too much while playing it makes horrible scratching noises and hissing. So now I'm trying a device that already has the correct jack sizes built in. I'd love to use the JamUp app on my iphone, but honestly I get tired of having to stand perfectly still just to play the d@mn thing. For a test, I tried these in more than one iPhone so I know it wasn't the device.

So anyhow, as much as I love the emulation of the JamUp, the other issues of using it wear me out. I also thought about the dock version that uses the usb connector on the iPhone, but my problem with those was if I wanted to play for an extended period.... none of those would charge the iphone at the same time, and running this app with the screen on all the time really kills the battery life.... so I'm trying one of these little things that were made for this and hope I have better luck. I'm just hoping I can get the tone I want out of it, but I guess it'll be enough to get me by while traveling if it doesn't scratch, hiss or p1ss and moan while I move it around during playing. biggrin.gif

This is a good point. Let's see how the different brands work on improving this issues. I think that we are in a very early period of this so many cool things are coming.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:35 AM