For All At Gmc, Hello And Thank You
UncleSkillet
Jan 23 2008, 06:20 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi all

UncleSkillet here, I know it’s a weird name (short story behind it) but it means something to me so I’m sticking to it.

Thanks for the inspiration and this great site (Kristofer, what a awesome place you have put together hear), which has resurrected me.

This was my Xmas/New Years present to myself. I live in the USA (Cincinnati, Ohio) and started playing guitar at the age of 9 years old. Not going to tell you how young I am now. Anyway, when I was learning how to play I did everything by ear. Things where great (I thought) but I could never (not even when I was in college and took theory) find anyone (when it came to theory, boxes, patterns, scales, etc…) that would explain things in a way I could relate or visualize them and that’s how I learn. There was nothing available like this site or anything close.

This place makes cents lol. After about 9 years of not playing (almost gave up, wife, kids, I know no excuse) I decided to start again. Thanks to everyone here. After only a month (2 if you count trolling) of being on this site I am more confident with my improve skill than I was when shredding as a teen. Thank you Andrew (and others) for helping me understanding the fret board and theory.

That’s all for now,

Uncle Skillet

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Maximus
Jan 23 2008, 06:48 AM
GMC:er
Welcome to GMC!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard, Ibanez rg 750, Ibanez Mikro, Washburn Acoustic
Amps: Crate GX 1600 1/2 Stack, Line 6 Spider 2, Vintage Kustom Tube Head
Effects: Line 6 POD X3 Live, Line 6 PocketPod
Misc: Line 6 FBV Express Foot Switch/Volume/Wah-Wah Pedal

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 23 2008, 06:48 AM
Instructor
Welcome on board smile.gif

Feel free to ask if you need anything and enjoy your stay. wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Jan 23 2008, 07:00 AM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 23 2008, 07:00 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Muris @ Jan 23 2008, 12:48 AM) *
Welcome on board smile.gif

Feel free to ask if you need anything and enjoy your stay. wink.gif

Thank you, and i will ask for help. I'm working on a few of your exercises right now (and typeping). Love your leasons. Really like the dule betwean you and Marus.

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 23 2008, 07:04 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (lavendell @ Jan 23 2008, 01:00 AM) *
Welcome to GMC smile.gif

Your vibrato lesson has helped get me back in shape.

--------------------

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 23 2008, 07:08 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Maximus @ Jan 23 2008, 12:48 AM) *
Welcome to GMC!

Thanks, looking forword to chating with you.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SEANCD2005
Jan 23 2008, 07:36 AM
Welcom to gmc

+Quote Post
preownedguitar
Jan 23 2008, 07:45 AM
Welcome home!

--------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strings:
Any 9-42's for strings.
Amp:
Carvin Bel Air 212 (2x12 50 Watt all tube), Carvin 212E Cabinet (2x12 120w)
Gutars:
Ibanez RG2550e Prestige, Galaxy black
94' Fender Stratocaster Black w/Black pearl pickguard
Pedals:
Keeley Flexi 4x12 Ibanez Tube Screamer
Keeley DS-1 Ultra
Keeley Compressor
Morley Bad Horsie 2 Contour Wah
Pod X3 Live
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jan 23 2008, 08:05 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (preownedguitar @ Jan 23 2008, 01:45 AM) *
Welcome home!

It good to feel back home. tongue.gif rolleyes.gif

thanks

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Jan 23 2008, 08:12 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jan 23 2008, 08:46 AM
Get to da Chopper!
Welcome! Keep up the hard work, glad you're enjoying yourself already wink.gif

+Quote Post
Bondy
Jan 23 2008, 08:49 AM
Learning Roadie
Welcome to GMC its a great place to learn and make new friends biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Jan 23 2008, 09:01 AM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC UncleSkillet smile.gif

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

+Quote Post
Mark.
Jan 23 2008, 09:25 AM
Welcome to GMC smile.gif

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Jan 23 2008, 09:27 AM
Welcome

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jan 23 2008, 10:11 AM
Instructor
Welcome! Have fun here! smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 23 2008, 10:37 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Hi Uncleskillet smile.gif welcome to GMC smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 23 2008, 11:16 AM
Lets go fishing!
Welcome my friend, Good luck with your learning and be sure to join in the fun on forums wink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 23 2008, 12:00 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC man! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Jan 23 2008, 03:45 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:22 PM