Kris`s Speed Picking Lesson
Braer
Jul 13 2009, 08:40 PM
GMC:er
Hey, i have been practicing 3 licks from kris`s speed picking lesson:(https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/kris-ug-lessons/)

------
------
------
---5-7
5-7---
------

---------
---------
---------
------5-7
---5-7---
5-8------

----------------
----------------
----------------
------5-7----5-7
---5-7----5-7---
5-8-------------

but how do i improvise with these licks?

could you post tab how i extend this lick so i get some ideas?
----------------
----------------
----------------
------5-7----5-7
---5-7----5-7---
5-8-------------

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
Jose Mena
Jul 13 2009, 09:21 PM
Instructor
This is a tough question, improvising is doing stuff that comes right out without too much thinking really, or maybe it is like someone said, you have a bag of licks and you piece them together.

But I guess I could tell you that you could play this stuff over an A minor progression, and play 16th notes, you could do al sort of combinations here, something like

----------------------------------------------5-8-10-8-------8-5--------------------------
-----------------------------------------5-8------------10-8------8-5----------------8b-----
--------------------------5-7------5-7---------------------------------7-5-----------------
---------------------5-7------5-7-------------------------------------------7-5------------
------5-7------5-7---------------------------------------------------------------7-5-------
-5-8------5-8-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Played fast it could sound like a cool Eric Johnson type pentatonic run, played slow maybe it isn't very interesting as it is all 16th notes without much phrasing involved.

This is 2 bars worth of notes, the last note is simply a bend on what would be the beginning of the third bar.

I hope this helps, or at least gives you more questions so that we can help you more

cheers

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
Braer
Jul 14 2009, 12:18 AM
GMC:er
Thanks jose! helped alooot!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:41 PM