Hey Marcus! Glad To Meet You, I Need Your Input
brotherreece
Jan 5 2008, 05:31 AM
GMC:er
I am a new member to this site and you are my favorite instructor. I really admire how you handle the neck. I can tell that you have very good technique by the way your hands barely seem to move. Im fairly new to the neoclassical world (mostly a blues and southern rock player) so I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or advice about my neoclassical solo. Thanks so much. Monty

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  123.MP3 ( 4.06MB ) Number of downloads: 496

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Jan 5 2008, 12:16 PM
Instructor
Wow! biggrin.gif

Well, first of all; thanks for your comments, and welcome to the site Monty smile.gif

Over all your playing is very very good. I like it a lot, and I love the song! biggrin.gif
The phrasing it great and the rhythm guitars are very tight and the whole song got a great sound and feel.

There are a few small things you could work on, but you already play very good so i'd say it's more to polish the techniques!

On some of the bends you go -very slightly- out of tune. It's not really that disturbing, but it would add another plus if you nailed them perfectly. Maybe you could just change strings to a lighter gauge? That will make the bends a little easier.

It sounds as if you use the same pickup during the whole solo. I guess that's a personal preference, and again it's not very disturbing. But it would add cool dynamic and feel, if you changed pickup on the different licks/notes.

I'd like to hear some legato licks in there as well, both mixed with the picking notes, and pure legato licks.

The last thing I'd like to comment is that few notes is a bit sloppy picked (most of them is good though). So don't push your speed limit. Practice slow until your play it perfect, and then gradually work up the speed.

Great job Monty! I'd love to hear more of your songs! biggrin.gif

-Marcus

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
brotherreece
Jan 16 2008, 04:40 AM
QUOTE (lavendell @ Jan 5 2008, 06:16 AM) *
Wow! biggrin.gif

Well, first of all; thanks for your comments, and welcome to the site Monty smile.gif

Over all your playing is very very good. I like it a lot, and I love the song! biggrin.gif
The phrasing it great and the rhythm guitars are very tight and the whole song got a great sound and feel.

There are a few small things you could work on, but you already play very good so i'd say it's more to polish the techniques!

On some of the bends you go -very slightly- out of tune. It's not really that disturbing, but it would add another plus if you nailed them perfectly. Maybe you could just change strings to a lighter gauge? That will make the bends a little easier.

It sounds as if you use the same pickup during the whole solo. I guess that's a personal preference, and again it's not very disturbing. But it would add cool dynamic and feel, if you changed pickup on the different licks/notes.

I'd like to hear some legato licks in there as well, both mixed with the picking notes, and pure legato licks.

The last thing I'd like to comment is that few notes is a bit sloppy picked (most of them is good though). So don't push your speed limit. Practice slow until your play it perfect, and then gradually work up the speed.

Great job Monty! I'd love to hear more of your songs! biggrin.gif
-Marcus

thanks for the feedback marcus. i think that vibrato is something that i have overlooked the importance of since ive been playing guitar. thanks for the time to listen and ill go to work on those suggestions

+Quote Post
JVM
Jan 17 2008, 01:33 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey reece, I think this sounds great just so you know smile.gif I really like some of the melodies and ideas.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jan 17 2008, 02:23 AM
wow man, i really liked that, rythm , drums, everything, great job, it sounds very neoclassical cool.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
brotherreece
Jan 17 2008, 03:16 AM
QUOTE (JVM @ Jan 16 2008, 07:33 PM) *
Hey reece, I think this sounds great just so you know smile.gif I really like some of the melodies and ideas.

thanks for the nice words!

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Jan 17 2008, 03:27 AM
Nice job, dude. Sounds very Yngwie-ish to me.

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
Jan 17 2008, 03:57 AM
Sweet! i love it! you should make that a lesson. i would really enjoy learning it, and i think a lot of people would too!

--------------------

i tripped and broke my guitar's neck. :(

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:53 AM