A Heavy Price To Pay For One Guitar Lesson, THE DAY I GOOFED
hippiejoe
Jun 20 2008, 11:46 PM
GMC:er
HELLO GMC;ERS,HIPPIEJOE WITH A LITTLE STORY ABOUT BEING IN THE RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME AND MAKING THE WRONG CHOICE. MY FIRST ROCK CONCERT WAS IN 1978,THE BAND WAS KISS AND THE PYROTECHNICS GUYS WERE WORKING OVERTIME! IT WAS GREAT BUT I ONLY TELL YOU THIS PART OF THE STORY TO GIVE YOU AN IDEA WHAT AN OLD-TIMER I AM. THE STORY I WANTED TO SHARE WITH YOU HAPPENED A FEW YEARS LATER AFTER MANY MORE CONCERTS, ONE OF WHICH WAS OZZY WITH THE LATE GREAT RANDY RHOADES! THIS IS WHAT SPARKED MY FIRE TO LEARN GUITAR. SO ANYWAY,A FEW MONTHS AFTER I HAD STARTED TAKING LESSONS AT THE LOCAL MUSIC STORE I WAS WALKING IN TO TAKE A LESSON WHEN ONE OF THE INSTRUCTORS COMES UP TO ME IN WHAT SEEMED TO ME LIKE A STATE OF SHOCK AND CONFUSION AND STARTED TALKING ABOUT THIS NEW GUITAR PLAYER WHO WAS PLAYING IN A LOCAL BAR AND ASK IF I WOULD LIKE TO GO, SAYING THAT THIS GUY WAS GONNA BE ALL THE RAGE AND THAT I SHOULD CHECK IT OUT. I INSTEAD CHOSE TO BE THE GOOD GUITAR STUDENT AND LEARN RATHER THAN HIT THE CLUB. WELL THIS GUY HAD JUST PUT OUT HIS FIRST ALBUM AND STARTED HIS FIRST TOUR AND AS IT TURNS OUT,THE MAN I DID NOT GO TO SEE AT THE LOCAL CLUB WAS NONE-OTHER THAN THE LATE GREAT STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN! I NEVER GOT A SECOND CHANCE TO SEE STEVIE,ALTHOUGH HE`S ONE OF MY VERY FAVORITE GUITAR PLAYERS. NEVER HAS THERE BEEN A MORE SOULFUL BLUES PLAYER! NOW THAT`S A HEAVY PRICE TO PAY FOR ONE GUITAR LESSON! TIL NEXT TIME,PEACE! sad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 13)
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 20 2008, 11:58 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
oh man what a great story sad.gif
But life is full of those little twists and turns..who knows what good it has brought to you.. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Nick325
Jun 20 2008, 11:59 PM
ouch, too bad you didnt know he was the one playing

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Jun 21 2008, 01:12 AM
Woah, wall of text.

Also, TL;DR

--------------------

+Quote Post
kahall
Jun 21 2008, 03:41 AM
Learning Roadie
Whoa! Cap locks are on stun!
I missed a SRV concert here as well one time. I barely new who he was and someone asked me to go and I passed.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Enucleation
Jun 21 2008, 04:18 AM
Caps lock jut owned me man. Haha, it's all good.

Man that is crazy though, anyone could make that mistake though.

--------------------
Gear
::Guitars::
ESP LTD AX-50 (Temporarily 'out of service')
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
::Amp::
Line 6 Spider Valve
::Misc::
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Ernie Ball Strings (11-48 for Standard D) (9-42 for Standard)
Any pick that works for me
::Wanted::
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
Jun 21 2008, 01:28 PM
Instructor
Wow what a story, I'm sorry for you mate! Stevie Ray Vaughan is one of my favorite guitar-hero!!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
somecrazyguy09
Jun 21 2008, 09:55 PM
my uncle used to play drums with SRV and his brother back when they lived in oakcliff here in texas, and has some great old recordings of him at clubs and bars when he was in his teens.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jun 21 2008, 10:25 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Ouch, too bad you never went.

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Jun 22 2008, 06:18 AM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
Man...I wish I could go back in time. Seeing him would be a dream for me!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
hippiejoe
Jun 22 2008, 11:46 AM
QUOTE (Praetorian @ Jun 22 2008, 06:18 AM) *
Man...I wish I could go back in time. Seeing him would be a dream for me!

yea,it was a huge mistake on my part,but you know what they say about hindsight! I would recommend that you go out and purchase his concert video called "Live At The El Mocambo" if you haven`t already. It is a great performance! Also appeared on Austin City Limits,which is out on video as well.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 22 2008, 01:16 PM
Instructor
Wow, really great story man. Life is indeed strange smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Jun 23 2008, 09:31 AM
Learning Roadie
Caps lock... Cruise Control for AWESOME!!!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jun 23 2008, 10:56 AM
Lets go fishing!
Awwww man, I would loved to have seen SRV, hes amaizing! biggrin.gif:D:D

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:44 AM