Joe Satriani Show, just got tickets for this Saturday!
Gus
Jul 30 2008, 01:13 AM
GMC:er
I came back to Brazil for vacation and my home city (Brasília)

I can hardly believe Joe Satriani will play here on Saturday! Big shows usually go only on Sao Paulo and Rio.

I am really excited about that cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gus: Jul 30 2008, 01:14 AM

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JeroenKole
Jul 30 2008, 09:22 AM
*jealous*

He was here in the netherlands about two months back, but the pricetag on the ticket was way to high. Maybe in a year or two I would definately go smile.gif

have fun biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jul 30 2008, 09:30 AM
Dude, was satriani in the netherlands, why didnt I know that:O Too bad, I wanna go to Iron Maiden @ assen but got no money:O

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Canis
Jul 30 2008, 10:58 AM
Learning Rock Star
You lucky son of a gun tongue.gif
Have a blast ^^

Edit: Typo

This post has been edited by Canis: Jul 30 2008, 04:49 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 30 2008, 11:56 AM
Instructor
Very cool mate, bring us some phone pics and review after the show, it will be useful for wiki maybe smile.gif

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Jul 30 2008, 11:57 AM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
MyNinjaWay
Jul 30 2008, 12:15 PM
hey man,

I went to see joe a few weeks back when he came to Perth... it was soOO awesome, played for nearly 3 hours too I think... played quite alot of new stuff... but it's all good wink.gif when it's joe ay!

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Jul 30 2008, 02:44 PM
Instructor
just waiting your review mate !!!!! congrats wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gus
Aug 4 2008, 06:54 PM
I will not have much time to do a proper review, but I will just replicate some info I put into my practice agenda:

Seeing Joe Satriani playing live is actually more rewarding than a good practice session. After all, practicing is also about finding more insipiration and watching one of (if not the) best guitarists in the world is the best thing for that.

I have to say I never saw anything close to that before. ohmy.gif His tone is absolutely killer. His techniques are amazing. He dominates every single aspect of guitar playing with majestry. His hand has an amazing opening that he uses for ultra fast legato. His speed picking is unbelievable. His wah-wah use is very insipiring.

The show started with some songs with the new album
In the middle of the show, just his bassist stayed on stage. The guy is a one man band. ohmy.gif He played "Going to California" from Led Zeppelin and some other songs just with the bass.
The second part of the show was full of Satriani's hits. When he came back, he started with "Cryin" and that really made the crowd crazy. His guitar really sings! A few more songs and he played "Always With Me, Always With You", with the same feeling of the public.
This session finished with "Surfing with the Alien" and they left the stage for some time. I said to my fiancée "He should come back and play Summer song" The crowd asked for more and they come back with kind of "guitar vs crowd duel" and finally the show ended with "Summer song"

Seeing Joe Satriani live is an absolutely refreshing motivation experience that every guitarist should undergo some day! wink.gif

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:33 PM