Scales Played Over Which Chords?, A table/list of chords that play well over particular scales?
bryant
Mar 26 2008, 01:42 PM
GMC:er
Would it be possible to list out a simple listing of major and minor chords that would particularly play well over a particular scale. For example, C major scale can be played nicely over Cmaj chord, Am, etc.

I've seen several lists like this before on other sites but I can't remember where. I couldn't remember if it tabulated a set of chords and listed what scales went well with the chord, or vica-versa.

If you could list out a couple of samples for a few major and minor chords, we could transpose from there, or perhaps list by degrees such as I II III IV, etc.

Does this make any sense.

This way I can learn to practice changing to suitable scales over chord changes in a song or backing track.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by bryant: Mar 27 2008, 01:53 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 30 2008, 12:52 PM
GMC Founder
Yes absolutely - we have already got this I believe in Andrews awesome theory lessons! smile.gif

This is one of the topics covering this (scroll down a little and you will find exactly what you are looking for the key of C):

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showtopic=3160

. For example, the key of C/Am has the following characteristic chords:

C, Dm, Em F, G, Am, Bdim

These exact chords work for A minor scale as well (the "relative minor" key of C major). So if you want to know the chords for the B minor scale you can just move them up two frets (a "whole" step).

Hope it helps! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:11 PM