Eh, Hi? :)
Lda
Mar 23 2007, 03:07 PM
GMC:er
Hi,

so where to start... I am Ladislav Vydra, 26 years old and from Czech Republic - Prague.

Something about me...

I start playing on guitar at 19 years old. Played for 6 years in Classical Guitar Quartet. It was rather for fun then serious money mining. Nevertheless I am not playing on guitar for money. Its feed... feed of my life at least for me. I loved classical guitar, but our band has been vanquished... Reason? My colleagues just stopped guitar, because of our teacher. We played same things and still old and easy ones. So no improvement at all. And as last step was that everybody stop even to practice on each session.

One mate from band convinced me to buy electrical guitar and try something to play on it...
Well ok I bought it and went to practice at our "old" teacher (the one who lead the band).
He showed me how catch guitar and other stuff... he told me that in electrical guitar I am not robot, but a man with free mind. This is the thing I am grantfull to know from him. He is really cool guitarist and great friend, but well as Kristoper said... I lost motivation. Played with my teacher for one year and each session was broken pieces of something and totally no control about my playing... He is great guy and I dont want to harm him. It was my choice and I dont regret this.

After this I put down guitar last year (november 2006) and concentrate on work and other stuff...
But still i touched guitar and played something on it.

Yesterday I found one video, when I tried to search some new information about olga.net progress. On the video was Kristofer Dahl with some cool picking techniques.
Next day I thought about the whole thing and read anything I have found on net.

Well I started to have a "new hope" in guitar playing. These lessons kicked my brain from head and forcing me to take guitar and let my fingers to do sounds!

Anyway I am a little bit lost here. So I dont know where to start as a beginner in electrical guitar... I will try to find my way out to start here smile.gif

-Lda

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Lda: Mar 27 2008, 11:11 AM

--------------------
"Without silence there can be no music" - Poets of the Fall
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Andrew Cockburn
Mar 23 2007, 03:30 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Lda @ Mar 23 2007, 10:07 AM) *
Hi,

so where to start... I am Ladislav Vydra, 26 years old and from Czech Republic - Prague.

Something about me...

I start playing on guitar at 19 years old. Played for 6 years in Classical Guitar Quartet. It was rather for fun then serious money mining. Nevertheless I am not playing on guitar for money. Its feed... feed of my life at least for me. I loved classical guitar, but our band has been vanquishe... Reasons? My colleagues just stopped guitar, because of our teacher. We played same things and still old and easy ones. So no improvement at all. And as last step was that everybody stop even to practice on each session.

One mate from band convinced me to buy electrical guitar and try something to play on it...
Well ok I bought it and went to practice at our "old" teacher (the one who lead the band).
He showed me how catch guitar and other stuff... he told me that in electrical guitar I am not robot, but a man with free mind. This is only thing I am grantfull to know from him. He is really cool guitarist and great friend, but well as Kristoper said... I lost motivation. Played with my teacher for one year and each session it was broken pieces of something and totally no control about my playing... He is great guy and I dont want to harm him. It was my choice and I dont regret this.

After this I put down guitar last year (november 2006) and concentrade on work and other stuff...
But still i touched guitar and played something on it.

Yesterday I found one video, when I tried to search some new information about olga.net progress. On the video was Kristofer Dahl with some cool picking techniques.
Next day I thought about the whole thing and read anything I have found on net.

Well I started to have a "new hope" in guitar playing. These lessons kicked my brain from head and forcing me to take guitar and let my fingers to do sounds!

Anyway I am a little bit lost here. So I dont know where to start as a beginner in electrical guitar... I will try to find my way out to start here smile.gif
-Lda

Welcome Lda, that's a great story, and it sounds like you have found the right place to learn at last. I started playing classical guitar at school, and graduated to electric like you. Very different techniques, but it is all great music! We'll help you all we can, and the lessons and instructors on this site are awesome ... good luck!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Lda
Mar 23 2007, 04:19 PM
Thanks for welcome.

I already took some first lessons and its totally thrilling me out. Its so awesome that I want to jump.

Thanks again for everything. I am here for a 3 hours and feel like I found new "better" world. smile.gif

--------------------
"Without silence there can be no music" - Poets of the Fall

+Quote Post
Angelica
Mar 26 2008, 04:29 PM
hi there!
welcome

--------------------

It's better to please much to a few, than to please a few to many

+Quote Post
Nick325
Mar 26 2008, 04:38 PM
welcome smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bondy
Mar 26 2008, 04:48 PM
Learning Roadie
Welcome to good old GMC cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
Mar 26 2008, 04:50 PM
Instructor
Welcome Ladislav!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 26 2008, 05:27 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Hi! I wish I had a classic schooling too. Will catch up on that here at GMC.

Welcome!

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Mar 26 2008, 05:33 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Welcome M8!!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 26 2008, 06:48 PM
Instructor
Welcome Ladislav! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Mar 26 2008, 07:26 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Hi smile.gif

Welcome to GMC smile.gif

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Mar 26 2008, 09:42 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (Lda @ Mar 23 2007, 03:19 PM) *
I already took some first lessons and its totally thrilling me out. Its so awesome that I want to jump.

i know exactly what you mean! biggrin.gif

Welcome to GMC! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Smells: Mar 26 2008, 09:43 PM

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Mar 26 2008, 09:59 PM
Instructor
welcome to the site

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Mar 26 2008, 10:04 PM
Welcome to GMC.

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Mar 26 2008, 10:15 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC !! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Mar 26 2008, 10:15 PM
Instructor
Welcome to the best place on the net smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 26 2008, 11:15 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Welcome to GMC man! I'm so glad you found your inspiration here smile.gif See ya on forums! wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Nick Kellie
Mar 26 2008, 11:35 PM
Instructor
welcome

nick

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
Mar 26 2008, 11:47 PM
Instructor
WELCOOOOOMEEEEEE!!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
rokchik
Mar 27 2008, 12:19 AM
The Dark Canuck
Welcome to GMC smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:29 AM