Namm 2018
Mertay
Jan 26 2018, 10:54 PM
GMC:er
Ok so we did mention some products till now but I'm curious what peaked GMC'ers interest. There are still new launches going on (some new ibanez signatures for example) so feel free to update posts as namm is still going on.

For me in short; Fender group (squier, charvel etc.) was fun to watch. The new Squires look nice, some Charvel-esq even! they also introduced some pedals but I didn't understand much from videos.

The software side seemed more interesting. Waves released PRS amps, Steven slate drums 5, bias amp 2, ik leslie collection. Very studio specific but also Acustica-audio finally released the new DW FEARN eq.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mertay: Jan 26 2018, 10:56 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 27 2018, 04:07 AM
I'm also more interested in the plugins to be honest as well smile.gif It's great to see what new paint jobs are out on the new guitars and such, but nothing really unexpected. The new Schecter Keith Merrow is a bit of a shock as it looks like an Ibanez RGT instead of a shecter and has an almost wizard profile neck which is something they only do on Keith guitars. The sooner that we get good plugin versions of pretty much every amp / cab out there , the better imho smile.gif

Todd
QUOTE (Mertay @ Jan 26 2018, 05:54 PM) *
Ok so we did mention some products till now but I'm curious what peaked GMC'ers interest. There are still new launches going on (some new ibanez signatures for example) so feel free to update posts as namm is still going on.

For me in short; Fender group (squier, charvel etc.) was fun to watch. The new Squires look nice, some Charvel-esq even! they also introduced some pedals but I didn't understand much from videos.

The software side seemed more interesting. Waves released PRS amps, Steven slate drums 5, bias amp 2, ik leslie collection. Very studio specific but also Acustica-audio finally released the new DW FEARN eq.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Jan 27 2018, 07:20 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Finally a Strat with a 12" radius that isn't $1500

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 27 2018, 07:37 PM

QUOTE (yoncopin @ Jan 27 2018, 06:20 PM) *
Finally a Strat with a 12" radius that isn't $1500

I actually have a cheapo jackson I can easily sell to get one if I like them smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 27 2018, 09:59 PM
I'm also going to add the new Nita Strauss signature here

Personally I don't think ibanez gave enough love deserved to the S line for a while now. This looked nice to me, its also rumored the pickups are signature and get ready...their sound is between an evo and d-activator smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Jan 28 2018, 02:58 AM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Mertay @ Jan 27 2018, 08:59 PM) *
I'm also going to add the new Nita Strauss signature here

Being an S series fan, that was the highlight of the Ibanez booth for me. I was just about to upload a picture of it, but you beat me to it smile.gif. That was a complete surprise since there was no mention of that model anywhere in the announcements prior to NAMM.

By the way, one bit of non-news at NAMM: I stopped by the Kemper booth and Kristoph was there, so I walked up to him and asked what's new? He gave me a dirty look and said "nothing" smile.gif. I get the feeling he's tired of people asking him that question.

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Jan 28 2018, 03:25 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Miscellaneous pictures of lesser known (at least to me) things I saw that looked interesting. Vola guitars looked very nice. The CSL Sophia looks like the ultimate tremolo bridge. The Sim1 is a profiler for guitars like Kemper does with amps.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 28 2018, 05:49 AM
If you are a pedal guy, you might grab one of these. Programmable, and color coded four channel four loop foot switch.
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 28 2018, 11:20 AM
QUOTE (Rammikin @ Jan 28 2018, 02:25 AM) *

So cool we have members that actually goes to Namm! sources like youtube is so limited to usually only big brands I'm guessing more than half of the cool stuff can be unnoticed by web users, thanks for the share! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jan 28 2018, 04:10 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 27 2018, 09:49 PM) *
If you are a pedal guy, you might grab one of these. Programmable, and color coded four channel four loop foot switch.
Attached Image

That looks cool. I've been looking for a 'small' programmable switcher.

*I didn't get to go to NAMM this year. Family and work obligations kept me away from it.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 28 2018, 06:59 PM
and they are supposed to be quite affordable. Time was when something like this was built by hand and built to order by bob bradshaw or someone similar and they cost quite a bit. I'm glad to see a vendor like hotone pick up the ball and make a quality product make of metal not plastic, with real foot switches, and color coding which helps at dark gigs, and do it without breaking the bank smile.gif

Todd
QUOTE (klasaine @ Jan 28 2018, 11:10 AM) *
That looks cool. I've been looking for a 'small' programmable switcher.

*I didn't get to go to NAMM this year. Family and work obligations kept me away from it.

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jan 28 2018, 09:33 PM
My stipulation is that it has to be DEAD quiet. It can't add any noise. A lot of the cheaper gear, while it sounds good and/or is very functional, is noisy. Many companies cheap out on the power supplies or the switches or the shielding or the solder joints, etc.

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Jan 28 2018, 11:54 PM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (klasaine @ Jan 28 2018, 08:33 PM) *
My stipulation is that it has to be DEAD quiet. It can't add any noise. A lot of the cheaper gear, while it sounds good and/or is very functional, is noisy. Many companies cheap out on the power supplies or the switches or the shielding or the solder joints, etc.

If you're looking for a quality switcher that isn't crazy expensive, check out GigRig. High quality. Dead quiet.
https://www.thegigrig.com/switching

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jan 29 2018, 02:39 AM
Yeah, the Gig Rig is what I've been looking at while I decide if I really need a programmable switcher or not. So far, I probably don't (for what I do).

'If' the Hotone actually comes in at a street price of around a hundred bucks I may get it and if I absolutely love it and it's a bit dodgy, at that point I'll just pull the trigger on the Gig Rig.

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 29 2018, 11:33 AM
smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jan 29 2018, 02:54 PM
Learning Roadie
Suhr gave me some major GAS with the new Pete Thorn colour and the new single cut guitars, oh and the Mateus Asato sig too

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 29 2018, 02:58 PM
Instructor
Nice stuff guys! My instagram was full of Namm stuff and it make me think that I must go the next year!

I've seen lots of cool things happening at Suhr, Ibanez, Abasi Guitars, stands as well as many others.

I'm curious about that sm-1, I'm now reading this: https://www.gearnews.com/sim1-xt-1-can-say-...ferent-guitars/

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:34 PM