2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Whos The Best Guitarist You Have Ever Heard
shredmandan
Aug 29 2007, 02:18 AM
GMC:er
Hey GMC
i figured i would make a topic .Whos the best guitarist you have ever heard?They dont have to play 300bpm or be the fastest shreder alive thats not what makes a guitarist the best in my opinion.Just by the stuff they have made and tone that they have who's your opinion.Im going to say Eddie Van Halen,many will disagree but remember it's the best guitarist that YOU have heard. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Robin
Aug 29 2007, 02:30 AM
Bjørn Berge. In my opinion the best guitarist in the world.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HgxuEBESBPc&...ted&search=

I almost forgot Muris.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zcm8Ee4-3M0

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Robin: Aug 29 2007, 04:01 AM

+Quote Post
Iluha
Aug 29 2007, 02:38 AM
Satch is my all time favourite guitarist.. So I guess him.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4vVH78GXmaI

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Travelin' Man
Aug 29 2007, 02:56 AM
If I HAD to choose one, one who I would love to be able to play similar to? It would have to be Stevie Ray

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDBIbJKjAZQ...ted&search=

+Quote Post
Robin
Aug 29 2007, 02:58 AM
QUOTE (Travelin' Man @ Aug 29 2007, 01:56 AM) *
If I HAD to choose one, one who I would love to be able to play similar to? It would have to be Stevie Ray

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDBIbJKjAZQ...ted&search=

Yeah he is so great. One of my favorite guitarists.

+Quote Post
Hardtail
Aug 29 2007, 02:59 AM
The best I have heard to date is probably Stevie Ray Vaughan or maybe Phil Keaggy.
A lot of shredders are fast and sound great but I like guitarists that can "sing with their fingers" if you know what I mean. It gets kinda subjective tongue.gif

Hardtail

--------------------

Beginner's Amp & Guitar Gear Guide
My Keeley Blues Driver BD-2 Review
My Line6 Flextone II Review

Guitars: Martin D-16RGT with B-Band UST & '99 Fender "Big Apple" Hardtail HH Strat
Amps: Fender Blues Junior Special Edition & Fender Studio 85 (Simultaneous... yummy)

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Aug 29 2007, 03:15 AM
I'm sorry for being so incredibly boring, but Mikael Åkerfeldt, followed by Peter Lindgren. Mikael has got everything in my ears, for me everything he touches is perfect. rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by Fsgdjv: Aug 29 2007, 03:16 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Aug 29 2007, 03:22 AM
QUOTE (Robin @ Aug 28 2007, 09:58 PM) *
Yeah he is so great. One of my favorite guitarists.

I have never seen a guitarist put more heart,soul, or passion into his playing than Vaughn.Also never seen a guitarist use bends like he did. smile.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
funkymilk
Aug 29 2007, 03:25 AM
Jimi Hendrix.. ^^

--------------------
Dance with me !

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 29 2007, 03:55 AM
Moderation Policy Director
In this time and place, I'd like to be across between Steve Vai and Marcus Lavendell - both very melodic when they want to be, and make their technique serve the music, not the other way around.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 29 2007, 04:26 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Aug 28 2007, 10:55 PM) *
they make their technique serve the music, not the other way around.

Yes, very good way of putting it!

The best ive ever heard is Dave Murray and Steve Vai.

Dave and Steve just have that soul in there playing that makes me just....feel good, i love there style, there are my 2 biggest influences.

An Honorable Mention though is Bob Zabek, incredible Music, unbeliveable tone, amazing abilties, just a PERFECT guitarist.

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Aug 29 2007, 04:30 AM
Learning Tone Master
Slash

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Travelin' Man
Aug 29 2007, 04:33 AM
QUOTE (Hardtail @ Aug 28 2007, 09:59 PM) *
The best I have heard to date is probably Stevie Ray Vaughan or maybe Phil Keaggy.
A lot of shredders are fast and sound great but I like guitarists that can "sing with their fingers" if you know what I mean. It gets kinda subjective tongue.gif
Hardtail

Hardtail...I know exactly what you mean. Gilmore is one of those guitarists who definitley makes his guitar speak words.

As far as shredding goes, IMO, I prefer it to be done as PART of a solo, but I dont care for it being played for the ENTIRE solo. I feel like the guitar is screaming at me, like there is alot of angst involved. I hate someone screaming at me, I would rather hear words, like Gilmore or Carlos Santana

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 29 2007, 04:46 AM
QUOTE (Travelin' Man @ Aug 28 2007, 11:33 PM) *
like Gilmore or Carlos Santana

Another 2 amazing picks smile.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Aug 29 2007, 05:00 AM
John Petrucci, Paul Gilbert , Yngwie Malmsteen Joe Satrini and Steve Vai as well as Marcus Lavendell and Muris.

Why ?

Petrucci- Technically he has it going on. In the world of melodic shred he is among my favorites. You can tell he puts alot of time into his music and basically has it figured out how he is going to phrase and what not without hesitation.

Paul Gilbert- No one and I mean No one accents there speed runs better then Paul gilbert, besides maybe rusty cooley. But Paul has opened up doors in the world of shred guitar,and hes one of those artists I can keep watching videos of and not get bored.

Yngwie Malmsteen- Well most of you dont like him but I for one do. He may be the most arrogant guitar player, but he sure as heck can back it up. He was one of the main original Neo-Classical guitar players.

Satch-Hes just godly, what else to say ? tongue.gif

Steve Vai- I think overall steve vai is among the best today. Tell me the first time any of you watched tender surrender your werent like, WOW tongue.gif

Marcus Lavendell- We are lucky to have a teacher on the site with a gigantic tone and massive technique

Muris- Muris is truely a gifted man, his vast versitlity and wide arrange of tones and what not makes him another amazing addition to the site smile.gif

- John cool.gif

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 29 2007, 05:15 AM
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Aug 29 2007, 12:00 AM) *
Muris- Muris is truely a gifted man, his vast versitlity and wide arrange of tones and what not makes him another amazing addition to the site smile.gif

Definately smile.gif

I also suspect that Pavel has a lot to show that he is hiding - I am really looking forward to hearing some of his original compositions!

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Aug 29 2007, 05:15 AM

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Aug 29 2007, 05:20 AM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Aug 28 2007, 08:15 PM) *
Definately smile.gif

I also suspect that Pavel has a lot to show that he is hiding - I am really looking forward to hearing some of his original compositions!

Exactly ! Like he really let loose when he sent that thing to The Proof when there was a little dis-agreement.

- John

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Slammer
Aug 29 2007, 05:40 AM
I have Heard Many of the Great guitarists who are dead and alive.

But, My Jaw has Never dropped like it did when I saw Marcus Lavendell videos for the first time.

I can't believe this guy isn't as Well known as he Should be.

he has got to be the Best Guitarist I've ever Heard IMO, And that's saying something.

This post has been edited by Slammer: Aug 29 2007, 05:45 AM

+Quote Post
Hungus
Aug 29 2007, 05:43 AM
Opeth are by far my favourite band and have been for a few years now so I would have to say Mikael Åkerfeldt.

QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Aug 29 2007, 04:20 PM) *
Exactly ! Like he really let loose when he sent that thing to The Proof when there was a little dis-agreement.

- John

I noticed a couple of days ago when I was reading a few of his posts (The Proofs) that he was quite a prick and when I looked at his profile I saw he had been banned, was this anything to do with the above mentioned disagreement... or is this best not talked about?

Also is there somewhere I can have a listen to this thing you are talking about or was it just a private thing?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Aug 29 2007, 05:44 AM
Instructor
Steve Vai is IMO the best... just listen "Whispering a prayer", just amazing !!

Another influences: kiko Loureiro, Guthrie Govan, Satch, Eklundh, etc.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:22 AM